Windows 10: Win 10 Keeps rebooting After I Put it In Sleep Mode

Discus and support Win 10 Keeps rebooting After I Put it In Sleep Mode in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I hope the Tech-Savvy in this forum can help me out with this one. So the problem is my Win10 laptop keeps rebooting after I put it in Sleep... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by skatinima, Aug 10, 2016.

1. skatinima Win User

Win 10 Keeps rebooting After I Put it In Sleep Mode

Hi,

I hope the Tech-Savvy in this forum can help me out with this one.

So the problem is my Win10 laptop keeps rebooting after I put it in Sleep Mode.
    More than that, when I select the "Reboot" command it takes longer to boot than it would take for me to manually shut down and boot the PC.

For example, If I select to reboot the pc, it will take around 2 minutes until it shows the menu where you input the password.
    But, If I shut it down first then boot it manually, it will take around 20 seconds ( these numbers are not 100% precise.
    I used these numbers as a representation of the the gap between the two times).

And here's the kicker: I've already formatted the PC using the Win10 Clean Install option. Complete format. No files left from the previous version.

I'm thinking it may be a hardware issue. Thoughts?

Thanks.

:)

skatinima, Aug 10, 2016

2. sleep mode in windows 10

Hi,

The challenge that you are having with the sleep mode on Windows 10 may be caused by misconfigured power settings on your computer. We suggest to check this thread:

Win 10 reboots after sleep mode
    . Look for MVP Mike Hall... always replied. It contains troubleshooting steps pertaining to the issue.

We look forward to your response.

Phillip Pio, Aug 10, 2016
  3. Computer restart itself when I put it in sleep mode

Windows 10. When putting my computer in sleep mode it shuts down and restarts again. I keep trying to put it in sleep mode and it keeps starting back up.

Original Title: Sleep Mode

BillWerneth, Aug 10, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

dalchina, Aug 11, 2016
  5. skatinima Win User
    skatinima, Aug 11, 2016
  6. corkscrew Win User
    Try setting your GPU settings to default in the GPU control panel. See if that helps. You can also try update your graphics drivers to see if that helps.

corkscrew, Aug 11, 2016
  7. dalchina New Member
    dalchina, Aug 11, 2016
  8. skatinima Win User

skatinima, Aug 11, 2016
  9. skatinima Win User
    Thanks for the reply. It turned out I had to "update" my bios. it's all good now.

skatinima, Aug 11, 2016
  10. dalchina New Member
    Great news! (My cat likes cake too.. except chocolate and coffee flavoured.. just discovered she likes tomato soup. Hmm).

dalchina, Aug 11, 2016
  11. corkscrew Win User
    Great news. Happy you could sort out the problem.

corkscrew, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Win 10 Keeps rebooting After I Put it In Sleep Mode - Similar Threads - Keeps rebooting Put

2. Computer restarting after I put it in sleep mode randomly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer restarting after I put it in sleep mode randomly: I have been having a persistent issue with my PC restarting randomly while in sleep mode. I have shut off the network adapter in power management settings to stop my network connection from rebooting randomly during the night. Over the past few days my computer now will...
  3. Computer restarting after I put it in sleep mode randomly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer restarting after I put it in sleep mode randomly: I have been having a persistent issue with my PC restarting randomly while in sleep mode. I have shut off the network adapter in power management settings to stop my network connection from rebooting randomly during the night. Over the past few days my computer now will...
  4. Computer restarting after I put it in sleep mode randomly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. if i put the laptop in sleep mode, it is not sleeping

in Windows 10 Gaming
    if i put the laptop in sleep mode, it is not sleeping: if i put the laptop in sleep mode, lock screen is not appearingi tried many times, it has been many months the laptop is not locking only and if i close the lid, lock screen does not appear, only the screen blacks out and when i open the lid back on i come where i left off...
  6. if i put the laptop in sleep mode, it is not sleeping

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    if i put the laptop in sleep mode, it is not sleeping: if i put the laptop in sleep mode, lock screen is not appearingi tried many times, it has been many months the laptop is not locking only and if i close the lid, lock screen does not appear, only the screen blacks out and when i open the lid back on i come where i left off...
  7. Windows 10 rebooting when put in sleep or shutdown mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 rebooting when put in sleep or shutdown mode: I'm not here to ask the question but to give a bit of advice. Before you go making a bunch of changes in Windows make sure that in you PC's bios you have Wake on LAN DISABLED. I could have saved myself a lot of time and effort had I just remembered to check this one setting....
  8. Windows 10 rebooting after Sleep mode

Windows 10 rebooting after Sleep mode: Hello all! My ASUS X552LD laptop recently a week ago started rebooting after Sleep mode or Hibernation. This happens after Sleep mode is activated by pressing Power button, by accessing Windows Start Menu, or by closing the laptop's lid. I'm using Microsoft Windows 10...
  9. Computer keeps rebooting when I put it in sleep mode, due to bugcheck 0x0000009f

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer keeps rebooting when I put it in sleep mode, due to bugcheck 0x0000009f: Hi, my PC keeps rebooting everytime I put it in sleep mode. I checked the event viewer, it says the following: The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000009f 0x0000000000000003, 0xffffb603bfbe6e00, 0xffff87053e83f7b0, 0xffffb603cfb279b0. A dump was...
  10. Laptop rebooting after sleep mode

Laptop rebooting after sleep mode: Hello, I have this problem for about 3 weeks now. When I close my laptop or if I put him to sleep mode, it restart when I re-open it. I don't really now what's happening and it's extremely frustrating. Can someone help me? Thank you in advance....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. pc rebooting when in sleep mode

2. win 10 reboots after sleep mode