Windows 10: Win 10 load new machine after 1st login stalls at Win logo spin dots

Discus and support Win 10 load new machine after 1st login stalls at Win logo spin dots in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Having exhausted all answers in Google search, please can someone help. 2 weeks ago rebuilt my main machine with 4 new SATA drives (Barracuda 1 Tb),... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by nextenso, Jan 4, 2018.

1. nextenso Win User

Win 10 load new machine after 1st login stalls at Win logo spin dots

Having exhausted all answers in Google search, please can someone help.

2 weeks ago rebuilt my main machine with 4 new SATA drives (Barracuda 1 Tb), mobo (Gigabyte GA AB350), Crucial DDR4 Dimms as 2 x 8gb, and Ryzen 5 1600 CPU and Asus Vid card (GTX 1050 T1 Phoenix). Loaded & registered my spare Win 10 licence from latest ISO with only one SATA drive connected. All booted up fine 3 or 4 times after connecting other 3 drives.

3 days ago went to boot and it stalled at spinning dots with Win logo, tried clear CMOS, tried re-installing Win to one of the other drives with first one disconnected, still stalls. Can't get to safe mode. Can get to BIOS, made sure legacy mode enabled and secure boot disabled. All other settings correct, still stalls. I can't access any function or utility on the machine, Windows or any other. I follow all correct procedures, earth strapping etc. It is my 8th machine rebuild, never had a problem before.

Tried my current Win 10 version EasyRE rescue disc, that stalls in any mode. Their help desk looked at picture I took of screen at stall, only suggestion was make sure legacy boot enabled and secure boot off. I clear CMOS before each new effort. EasyRE is the only one that after stall the drive activity light remains solid, all other efforts the HDD light goes out.

I have tried every rescue utility disc I have, Acronis and others, same result.

When I tried reinstalling Win10 to a different drive using a fresh ISO download, the install got as far as completing loading the initial files then dropped back to the spinning dots, 3 dots appeared then it stalled.

The only thing that changed between pre Xmas switch off and the stalled boot is that I fitted a 4 port USB 3.0 to the old floppy drive bay, and correctly connected it to the USB 3 header. After it started stalling I disconnected that and every other USB attachment bar the dongle for the mouse/keyboard

As I have a work crisis for the work the machine is built for (architectural 3D rendering), I have ordered another board, Asus Prime B350 Plus, But, I would like to/need to see if I can recover this new Gigabyte board and sell it to recoup cost.

I see that others with similar prob ended up buying a new board. If it is a board failure, I can get refund (Novatech). Their tech have no solutions.

It is as if some boot corruption has got hard coded into CMOS that a reset does not remove. I have not tried flashing BIOS in case it renders board unusable for definite.

Regards Jonathan

:)

nextenso, Jan 4, 2018

2. Windows 10 looping

When turned on my machine does not boot. There is windows logo with a spinning circle of dots; blank screen; Gateway logo shows and at screen bottom: F12 boot options, Del: Boot options screen; blank screen; win logo with spinning dot wheel; blank screen;
    Gateway...

How to get it booted right?

garylewis51, Jan 4, 2018
  3. Windows 10 Installation Problems

After up grading to Win 10, my screen started to blink and the lap top was frozen in this blinking mode. After restarting computer many times, it is stuck in the Win 10 load process with the circle of dots spinning around and around while the load process
    goes no where. I have tested all hardware and it is OK. I tried the Win 10 fix and it still is in the same mode where the dots spin around and around, but operating system does not load and start up

I have a 64 bit HP Lap Top that was running Win 8.1 without any problems before trying to load Win 10.

Win10 Install Problems, Jan 4, 2018
  4. Win 10 load new machine after 1st login stalls at Win logo spin dots

Hi nextenso.

First there are several Gigabyte AB350 boards. I went with manual for AB350 Gaming. As such the attached could be wrong. What is full model name.

First disconnect all drives except the one you want to boot from. I suggesting you start over.

In BIOS
    Set Secure Boot off (although I did not see that option in manual, pretty standard these days)

Set Fast Boot to disable

Set Windows 10 Features to Windows 10

Set CSM support to Disabled

Set Storage Boot Option Control to UEFI only

Use the clean install tutorial to re-install. I think it is step 13 in which you delete all existing partitions. MAKE sure you don't have anything you need in any of these partitions.

Clean Install Windows 10

Assuming system installs and boots you can go back and enable Fast Boot and Secure Boot ( not a password, see they have setting called Security Option)

Again assuming it boots you can connect other drives. Have a look at other drives for system partitions or active partitions. Connect them one at a time. If present they have to be addressed as device is finding them and potentially booting from them in some strange state.

I see a Sata Support option in BIOS which may help. Again I could be looking at wrong manual.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Jan 6, 2018
  5. nextenso Win User
    Thank you for your response Caledon Ken. My apologies for slow response, my wife was rushed into hosp for a lifesaving op on her stomach.

You guessed the correct mobo version. I had tried the solutions that you suggested before posting my plea for help. They were part of the Assistance the EasyRE help desk gave me in a very detailed set of instructions.

As for clean install, as I had noted, i have tried every way to do that. I have tried to get the Mobo and its Bios to think it is in a new setup (new hard drive, connected the drive to different SATA sockets, changed the RAM, re-installed the CPU, a fresh download of Win10 ISO. In whatever way I try, a clean Win10 install goes through the usual 32/64bit selection screen then loads the initial files.

As soon as the file load ends, it immediately drops back to the AOC logo (monitor manufacturer), then changes to the Win circling dots, gets as far as 3 dots (always 2 together a gap and then 1) and stalls.

I have found one other post from a person describing the same situation and only 3 dots. He ended up putting a new Mobo on.

As I noted before, it is as if BIOS/CMOS have become corrupted. Apart from accessing BIOS, it is impossible to view/read any file on the machine, and now if I connect the new drive that I had first stalled Win 10 to and when the machine booted normally a few times, it says there is no operating system on that drive. I guess the boot sector has been modified.

Using all the many rescue utilities and devices i have, from DOS based ones to the latest, there is no way to look at any file on that drive that did work. But, if I look at that drive using another machine, all the Win 10 files are there.

Is there a virus that could have done this, I am not aware of one.

Regards Jonathan

nextenso, Jan 10, 2018
  6. Very sorry to hear about your wife, I trust everything is okay.

I don't think this is a virus. Clean install should have taken care of any pests.

First just to confirm you can see your files on another machine and you have all your data backed up.

I still think we are dealing with a conflict. The settings I gave you are for a UEFI boot and your disk must be GPT.

You did Step 13, deleting all existing partitions, correct? (especially on new disk)

You could try this on new disk. Boot from USB key. When the first screen comes up press shift + F10. In the command window that opens run the following commands. This will erase the entire hard drive!

diskpart
    List disk
    select disk 0 (ensure zero is where you want to install)
    clean
    Convert gpt (if required for UEFI)
    exit
    exit

Then try the install. You won't need step 13, the disk is wiped. You need to have only one disk present. Diskpart is ruthless, wrong disk selected, it doesn't care. I thought when you got help from the help desk they wanted you set things to legacy, I'm suggesting UEFI.

Could you also please use the Media Creation tool from Microsoft to make the USB boot key. No ISO, Rufus, etc. You need 8GB key.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Jan 10, 2018
  7. I had similar issues with one of my computers and the only way I could get it to install was to connect the boot drive to SATA 0 and disconnect all other drives. I also don't connect to network for updates during install.

Techjourney, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Win 10 load new machine after 1st login stalls at Win logo spin dots

1. Win 10 load new machine after 1st login stalls at Win logo spin dots - Similar Threads - load machine 1st

2. Windows 10 logo freeze with no spinning dots

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 logo freeze with no spinning dots: Hello! I have installed windows 10 on my pcwhich is old. All the installation process went good and setup asked to restart. And after that windows 10 logo is stuck with no spinning dots.I waited for 2 houes but nothing happened.I powered off my pc and started it again but...
  3. Windows 10 logo freeze with no spinning dots

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 logo freeze with no spinning dots: Hello! I have installed windows 10 on my pcwhich is old. All the installation process went good and setup asked to restart. And after that windows 10 logo is stuck with no spinning dots.I waited for 2 houes but nothing happened.I powered off my pc and started it again but...
  4. Windows 10 logo freeze with no spinning dots

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Win 10 frozen spinning dots - even after clean install on new HDD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 10 frozen spinning dots - even after clean install on new HDD: HiI have a problem with win 10 repeatedly freezing on the spinning dots during shut down and then on start up, with the only working option being a fresh reset.Problem 1st occurred after a clean boot to troubleshoot an app. When returning to normal boot the spinning dots...
  6. Win 10 frozen spinning dots - even after clean install on new HDD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win 10 frozen spinning dots - even after clean install on new HDD: HiI have a problem with win 10 repeatedly freezing on the spinning dots during shut down and then on start up, with the only working option being a fresh reset.Problem 1st occurred after a clean boot to troubleshoot an app. When returning to normal boot the spinning dots...
  7. Win 10 frozen spinning dots - even after clean install on new HDD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. The dreaded blue logo and spinning dots

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    The dreaded blue logo and spinning dots: Last night my PC shut off entirely out of the blue. I was playing witcher 3 when it just turned off. So i turned it back on and all was fine. Then today I go to wake my computer up and then it starts turning on and off over and over again. Bought a new psu and picked it up...
  9. Windows Black Screen After Spinning Dots & Logo

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Black Screen After Spinning Dots & Logo: Hi, My PC was working fine yesterday, but when I try to boot it up normally this morning, it would just get stuck on a black screen after the blue Microsoft logo and the spinning dots. I can successfully boot it into safe mode, and disconnected all the non-essential...
  10. Win 10 stalled

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Win 10 stalled: Windows 10 stuck on PRE-logon screen with no power button so no restart button. All that is on the screen is the time and date lower left and a networking icon lower right. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-10-stalled/ea42cc69-c688-4309-ad5c-8160310399bc