Windows 10: Win 10, local user, cannot connect to Microsoft Account

Discus and support Win 10, local user, cannot connect to Microsoft Account in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hello everyone. Normally, I am no slouch in trying to find a solution to a problem with searching the net, but so far I haven't found a solution to... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Savantskie, Aug 1, 2015.

1. Win 10, local user, cannot connect to Microsoft Account

Hello everyone.

Normally, I am no slouch in trying to find a solution to a problem with searching the net, but so far I haven't found a solution to my problem.

Upgraded my Windows 10 from Win 7 Ultimate. So I started Win 10 with a local account. Which is joined to a local domain in my network.

I have recently tried multiple times to link my local account to my Microsoft account. With NO success. Every time windows brings up the window to link my local account with a Microsoft account, the stupid window dispersal.

I am at a loss for words so great that I am furious. Now I do have an account set up on Win 10 with my Microsoft Account, but I WANT to link it to my local account. I have tried removing it, and it STILL not working.

I am at my wits end. Please help.

:)

Savantskie, Aug 1, 2015

2. Cortana on Win 10 desktop continually asking to login to microsoft account

I figured it out, you can't have 2 local users with the same Microsoft account.

I created a new Microsoft account and the new local user profile was promoted to the Microsoft account.

everything now works

its a limitation in win 10, nice of Microsoft to tell us

I think Microsoft should dump the store and the Microsoft accounts from win 10 until they fix all the bugs, it making win 10 look bad

Robfly80-2, Aug 1, 2015
  3. hef2k Win User
    Windows Password Problem

I just upgraded my Win 8.1 laptop to Win 10.

But ... A year or so ago when on Win 8 I set up a Windows local account password and then a 4 digit pin.

I can remember the Pin and use that to logon to that local account but I cannot remember the "Old"password that Windows 10 keeps asking for just to "prove that I'm me".

How can I recover or remove the original *local account* Windows password (Not the Microsoft online account) if I do know the local account pin?

I have a Microsoft account and did connect with that and I know that online password so the website that helps with lost Microsoft account passwords does not help me.

Thanks for any help with local password recovery.

-Harry

hef2k, Aug 1, 2015
  4. Win 10, local user, cannot connect to Microsoft Account

Ok, based on my experiences today, what browser are you using?

I was trying to get things involving user accounts working using my default browser (Firefox), without success.

I tried again using Microsoft's new 'Edge' browser, and it worked immediately.

MBiddiscombe, Aug 1, 2015
  5. Not using a browser. Trying to do everything within windows. I want to merge my Microsoft account with my Local computer account on my domain controlled pc.

Savantskie, Aug 1, 2015
  6. idewapura Win User
    I have the same issue. If i click other options like iCloud, Exchange, Yahoo or other account, the User name password window does appear. And when i click google, something works in the background and shows a error "Something Went Wrong" (0x80040154). And when i click Microsoft account a window pops up for a brief second and vanishes.

I also has another PC where i cannot close the CMD window by clicking close button. And if i use a ping command, i cannot stop it by using "Ctrl+C". The only way to close it is to end it via task manager.

idewapura, Aug 16, 2015
  7. I was also facing same problem..upgraded OS from Windows 7 Ultimate to Windows 10..Anybody,If found solution give a reply to L: teja.phani1992@gmail.com

phani teja, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Win 10, local user, cannot connect to Microsoft Account

1. Win 10, local user, cannot connect to Microsoft Account - Similar Threads - local user cannot

2. win 10 local account password vs microsoft account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    win 10 local account password vs microsoft account: Why, if we use microsoft account signin does windows 10 not update the local account to use the same password? For example, say you setup your new computer with a password, then after first login you decide to configure login with your microsoft account. The old local account...
  3. win 10 local account password vs microsoft account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    win 10 local account password vs microsoft account: Why, if we use microsoft account signin does windows 10 not update the local account to use the same password? For example, say you setup your new computer with a password, then after first login you decide to configure login with your microsoft account. The old local account...
  4. win 10 local account password vs microsoft account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  5. Connection between local users and Microsoft accounts?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Connection between local users and Microsoft accounts?: Im trying to improve what I understand about Windows accounts. I know that there is a great deal of information on this Forum, including a number of relevant tutorials, but Im still confused about certain basic matters. 1. Does an Administrator who is set up as a Local...
  6. Cannot set up local user account

Cannot set up local user account: Hello I am simply trying to set up a local user account on my computer for someone who does not have a microsoft account. Unfortunately, when the person tries to sign in, firstly their name does not appear as the other user - only the generic 'other user' account appears....
  7. Cannot switch my windows account from a microsoft account to a local user.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot switch my windows account from a microsoft account to a local user.: Hello, I have setup a work station at my work and right now it is under my personal microsoft account I want to switch it over to a local administrator account. However I cannot sign in as a local user no matter what I try there is no option to sign in as a local user I can...
  8. Local Account Win 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Local Account Win 10: How to reset local account for Windows 10. I need help plz https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/local-account-win-10/39739274-b704-4a44-8738-dc8776e317dc"
  9. After Win 10 upgrade cannot access a local user account

After Win 10 upgrade cannot access a local user account: After installing Win 10 and creating Microsoft accounts for both my wife and I it is possible to access both as well as my previous laocal account, but my wife's has disappeared. It still exists by searching the files but I cannot get to it. I have also lost access to the...
  10. Change hotmail connected account to local account? (Win 10)

Change hotmail connected account to local account? (Win 10): My Windows 10 account is somehow tied to a hotmail account I don't remember creating. Is there any way I can turn it into a local account? I don't really want it to be connected 14463