Windows 10: Win 10 Mail Executable?

Discus and support Win 10 Mail Executable? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I can open Windows Mail with Start > type in Mail > Enter, but in the directory C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Mail there is no .exe to run it.... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by beau, Jan 16, 2017.

1. beau Win User

Win 10 Mail Executable?

I can open Windows Mail with Start > type in Mail > Enter, but in the directory C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Mail there is no .exe to run it. (wab.exe and wabmig.exe don't run Mail).

I want to make a keyboard macro, with either WinHotKay or AutoHotKey, to run Mail. What .exe should I use to create the macro?

:)

2. Email in Windows 10

Issue is not with Outlook 2013. Issue is coordinating sending/receiving email via gmail with MS 10, MS Account and Win 10 mail app.

Gmail forwarded to MS Account, but MS Account does not forward mail to Win 10 mail app. All mail folders in Win 10 mail app have been sync but mail does not appear.

J DavidBacon, Jan 16, 2017
  3. How can I change the letter colors in email

I am now using the mail app that came with Win 10.

I previously used Yahoo mail in Win 8.1

This is an upgrade to Win 10

DennisKnightk38, Jan 16, 2017
  4. Berton Win User

Win 10 Mail Executable?

When I double-click wab.exe in my C:\Program Files (x86) it throws up an empty Folder message that mentions Contacts. The (x86) part show you have the 64-bit version of Windows so looking in my C:\Program Files gives me the same message.

For what I do not, being able to get Properties of the Start Menu items or Tiles like we could with Shortcuts/icons can be a bit frustrating.

Berton, Jan 16, 2017
  5. Bastet Win User
    1. Open File Explorer and paste the following in the address bar(search):
    %windir%\explorer.exe shell:::{4234d49b-0245-4df3-b780-3893943456e1}

2. Press Enter. You should be greeted with a hidden folder containing a bunch of random apps and actions.

3. Find the Modern app you want to create a shortcut to. Right-click on it and choose Create shortcut. It'll show up on your desktop.

HTH,

Bastet, Jan 17, 2017
  6. All I do when I want to open mail is click the icon in the taskbar.
    Go to App scroll down to mail
    Right click and it will place a shortcut on taskbar
    I find it so much easier doing it this way
    Saves all the typing and going round the houses to open it

hTconeM9user, Jan 17, 2017
  7. dalchina New Member
    Assuming you mean the universal app Mail as provided by Win 10, please note that universal apps use a different paradigm. They neither have exe files nor do they take parameters. Their files are not kept where you are looking but in a protected folder.

dalchina, Jan 20, 2017
  8. beau Win User

Win 10 Mail Executable?

Thanks bastet, but I couldn't get that to work *cry

Thanks dalchina ~
    <<Assuming you mean the universal app Mail as provided by Win 10, please note that universal apps use a different paradigm. They neither have exe files nor do they take parameters. Their files are not kept where you are looking but in a protected folder.>>
    OK, instead of a keyboard macro I'll just do Start > mail to get run it *Smile . . that's hardly a difficult chore *Wink

I find Mail's slow-but-not-too-slow fade-in of letters as they're typedto be extremely attractive, don't really know why, but I like it *Cool

9. I have a similar problem - to get Mailwasher to (hopefully) prevent reception of excessive spam, I need to be able to 'point' Mailwasher to Win10's MAIL - how could I do that ?

Sebastian42, Feb 6, 2018
  10. dalchina New Member
    Hi, have you visited Firetrust (Mailwasher's site) or tried a general search?

I found:
    Using mailwasher pro with Win 10 email client - Firetrust Support Forums

I'm guessing the problem is you don't have Mail listed in the drop-down mail programs to select it as the client to be launched after 'washing' your mail.

Note the suggestions in that forum to use e.g. Thunderbird.

(I use Spamihilator- similar features, but is linked by means of the account, not the name of the program, acting purely as a mail filter. I use Pop peeper linked to Spamihilator first, which preprocesses my mail and allows me to read and reply to it, and scan multiple accounts, so in a way that combination acts rather like Mailwasher.

Then I use Thunderbird to receive, sort and store emails, also linked via its account settings to Spamihilator).

dalchina, Feb 6, 2018
  11. Despite the unresolved issue that I posted, I persevered with Mailwasher, and came across a statement to the effect that it could 'scan' for mail programs - and then it displayed 'emails received' - which I was able to use to TRAIN it about what spam to block. So I guess I do not need an answer to the question I asked.

Sebastian42, Feb 6, 2018
  12. I have already written above that I no longer need and answer to the question I originally posted and the reason for it.

Sebastian42, Feb 6, 2018
  13. dalchina New Member

Win 10 Mail Executable?

Please then mark as solved so people won't be looking at this. Thanks.

dalchina, Feb 6, 2018
  14. I'm sure there is an option to 'mark as solved', but I can not find it.

Sebastian42, Feb 7, 2018
  15. dalchina New Member
    - should be a button at the top of the thread..

dalchina, Feb 7, 2018
Thema:

Win 10 Mail Executable?

1. Win 10 Mail Executable? - Similar Threads - Mail Executable

2. Yahoo Sign Mail Problem

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Yahoo Sign Mail Problem: Looks like we can't get you in your account on this device. Please try signing in from the device you use most often.Start overthis message happen during signing in my Yahoo maili tried several browseralso i used same pcand tried with new pcplz help...
  3. Yahoo Sign Mail Problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Yahoo Sign Mail Problem: Looks like we can't get you in your account on this device. Please try signing in from the device you use most often.Start overthis message happen during signing in my Yahoo maili tried several browseralso i used same pcand tried with new pcplz help...
  4. Yahoo Sign Mail Problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Warum akzeptiert Microsoft meine E-Mail Adresse nicht?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Warum akzeptiert Microsoft meine E-Mail Adresse nicht?: Wenn ich mich bei meinem primären Microsoft Konto anmelden möchte wird mir angezeigt, dass kein Konto mit meiner E-Mail existiert, wenn ich jedoch ein neues Konto mit der gleichen E-Mail erstellen wollen würde werde ich darauf hingewiesen, dass bereits ein Konto mit dieser...
  6. Warum akzeptiert Microsoft meine E-Mail Adresse nicht?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Warum akzeptiert Microsoft meine E-Mail Adresse nicht?: Wenn ich mich bei meinem primären Microsoft Konto anmelden möchte wird mir angezeigt, dass kein Konto mit meiner E-Mail existiert, wenn ich jedoch ein neues Konto mit der gleichen E-Mail erstellen wollen würde werde ich darauf hingewiesen, dass bereits ein Konto mit dieser...
  7. Warum akzeptiert Microsoft meine E-Mail Adresse nicht?

8. Windows Live Mail

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Live Mail: I know Windows Live Mail is out of date and not supported by Microsoft, but I still use it and have for a long time, and want to continue to use it. But just yesterday I can no longer sign in to either of my email addresses because they won't accept my password. I have...
  9. Windows Live Mail

Windows Live Mail: I know Windows Live Mail is out of date and not supported by Microsoft, but I still use it and have for a long time, and want to continue to use it. But just yesterday I can no longer sign in to either of my email addresses because they won't accept my password. I have...
  10. Windows Live Mail

in Windows 10 Customization

Users found this page by searching for:

1. where is the mail executable in win 10