Windows 10: Win 10 Mail (getting past blue Accounts set up screen)

Discus and support Win 10 Mail (getting past blue Accounts set up screen) in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hello, Pop3 Email account set up but not seen.....How do I get past the big blue Accounts screen to use email that I set up? I did a quick set... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by SurferJoe, Jul 19, 2016.

1. SurferJoe Win User

Win 10 Mail (getting past blue Accounts set up screen)

Hello,

Pop3 Email account set up but not seen.....How do I get past the big blue Accounts screen to use email that I set up?

I did a quick set up on a pop3 mail account in WIN 10. It is nowhere to be seen and only the blue colored Accounts screen is visible. I can set up more email accounts but can't use them. ?? If I try to set up the email account again (quick or manually) I get "account already exists". I'm stuck at the main blue colored set up screen. Since the email app won't actually load I can not get to the account settings to modify or delete the mail account to start over with a new setup. Anybody seen this before? How do I get past the big blue Accounts screen to use email that I set up? Thanks.

:)

SurferJoe, Jul 19, 2016
  2. cviclark Win User

Mai and Live Mail in Win 10 Emails just disappear and also start button freezes.

I have upgraded to 10 and have a lot of problems with e-mails. My Live Mail accounts and set ups came across OK but do not work. I have carried our the patch from the e-mail, still they just disappear. Mail for 10 is not any better they go to the sent folder
    and the draft folder opens but do not appear on the server and do not get to the destination. I have been on the servers and cleared out the junk but still some mail gets through from some accounts sometimes but is very hit and miss. Live Mail 2012 was
    reliable but not now. I have set up Imap accounts googlemail and Ms accounts all work fine from my Android tab but not from Windows 10.

Also the start button freezes. Am I missing an update?

It also takes a **** of a long time to start I end up looking at a black screen, flashes and a blue screen with a circle.

OP - Mai and Live Mail in Win 10

cviclark, Jul 19, 2016
  3. Windows 10 Mail tile

When I click the Mail tile in Windows 10 it brings up a blue screen that says Accounts "First things first. Let's add your accounts."

I've gone through the steps and added two separate account. Still each time I click the tile it takes me to this "First things first" screen instead of letting me see my mail. If I try to set up one of the two accounts again, it tells me that account is
    already set up, but it won't let me see the account because I cannot go past that "First things first" screen.

Luckily, I can still access my mail through the older Windows Live 2011 program, but I should be able to use this new Mail app.

Tom In Cypress, Jul 19, 2016
  4. Aryadna Win User

I'm having the same issue. I input my information in the "Advanced Setup" as Pop3, and it accepted it. After clicking "Sign In", it said I was done. Then took me back to the blue Accounts screen. When I tried setting it up again, it gave me the "Account already exists" message and puts me back at the blue Accounts screen. It won't let me click the "Ready to go" button.

Edit:

I fixed it. You need to go into:

All Settings
    Go to Privacy (Location, camera)
    Contacts: Mail and Calendar ON
    Calendar: Mail and Calendar ON
    Email: Mail and Calendar ON

Doing this enabled me to get past the blue Accounts screen and access my mail. HOORAY!

Aryadna, Sep 20, 2016
Thema:

1. Win 10 Mail (getting past blue Accounts set up screen) - Similar Threads - Mail getting past

2. Setting up Mail on Windows 10 for TalkTalk.net account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Setting up Mail on Windows 10 for TalkTalk.net account: Could someone show me the correct steps to set up a talktalk.net e-mail on the generic windows 10 mail app have tried a number of settings and configurations without success. have successfully set it up before in Windows 7 and now on Ipad & iphone with no trouble. Can someone...
  3. Can’t get past blue screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can’t get past blue screen: Computer won’t go past blue screen I tried to do system restore I get a error, tried startup repair just brings me back to blue screen, Tried uninstall updates didn’t work, Tried putting it in safe mode but just puts my back into the boot up logo screen and just spins and...
  4. Setting up an all mail account

Setting up an all mail account: I have been trying to setup an all mail account so I don't have to go thru each account. Tried a couple of the online threads with no luck. All I want to do is have all mail excluding junk in one mail file. Any help appreciated....
  5. setting up accounts in windows 10 mail app

setting up accounts in windows 10 mail app: I just upgraded my Windows 7 computer to Windows 10, and I'm trying to set up the mail app to access other email accounts. One of them is Verizon.net email, which is supplied through AOL. When I try to add the account, I'm presented with a list of account types, none of which...
  6. Getting Windows Mail Up and running in Win 10

in Browsers and Email
    Getting Windows Mail Up and running in Win 10: So I want to get myself out of Thunderbird and into Windows Mail; Had Windows Live Mail and it was perfect for me; unfortunately it is unsupported and gone. Miss it a lot. So, got Mail up and running with 2 accounts, mine and my wife's . First issue is how do I change the...
  7. setting up an e-mail account

setting up an e-mail account: I'm trying to get e-mail's from another account onto my computer, when I enter the info username and password, which I know are correct I have an error code: 0x80004005. The e-mail is working fine in outlook on a different PC, but I'm trying to get it to work with the mail...
  8. Windows Mail Setting Up Accounts

Windows Mail Setting Up Accounts: So I bought a new laptop and thought I'd set up Windows Mail. I went to mail, clicked add account and added a couple accounts successfully. Problem is it just keeps taking me back to the "Add account" screen and the "go to inbox" is greyed out. I uninstalled Mail the...
  9. Win 10. Blue screen on start up.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Win 10. Blue screen on start up.: About a month ago I got a blue screen on start up. No keyboard or other user input worked. After some frustration I tried putting it to sleep, on wake up I got the sign in screen. No other issues except the blue screen on start up. Managed to get MS tech on a 'chat', she...
  10. New mail account set up

in Browsers and Email
    New mail account set up: after my desktop upgraded itself to Windows 10, I've tried to add a bellsouth email account. It wont sync and the error message is 0x8007274c. It says it cannot contact mail.bellsouth.net:110:0. 52229