Windows 10: Win 10 MAIL program quit working again how can I fix it

Discus and support Win 10 MAIL program quit working again how can I fix it in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Win 10 Mail program has quit working and can not be reinstalled how can I delete it completely then attempt a clean install. Already tried to delete... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by najjarva, Jul 27, 2018.

1. najjarva Win User

Win 10 MAIL program quit working again how can I fix it

Win 10 Mail program has quit working and can not be reinstalled how can I delete it completely then attempt a clean install. Already tried to delete using powershell and resetting the MS Store but reinstall only allows update meaning it is still installed somewhere?

:)

najjarva, Jul 27, 2018
  2. zbook Win User

Programs not working

In post 26 there were steps listed to fix the operating system corruption.
    Are you able to follow them?
    In post 29 was the suggested dism repair command.

zbook, Jul 27, 2018
  3. endeavor Win User
    Replacing Windows Mail in Win-10 with one from Win-Vista.

Clayton, yes you can use your own files, as well realize the files from the tutorial attachments are the exact same thing already coming from Windows Vista - it's all the same.

The tutorial instructions how to do it in every detail are posted Here

Please for your own sake, just be sure you understand the limitations of using the old Vista WinMail client out of it's native environment inside of Windows7/8/10 by reading through the disclaimer, and the Bug List that's linked on the page there, and then decide if you want to do it and if it's right for you.
    Feel free to post your questions over there too.

endeavor, Jul 27, 2018
  4. Win 10 MAIL program quit working again how can I fix it

win 10 mail crashes

These procedures can be used to fix issues with These win 10 apps. Mail, Calendar, Cortana, Start menu, and Settings. It probably will work for others but I have only tested it with these.

Solution 1: Re-register this App:
    • Run Windows PowerShell as Administrator.
    • Type Get-AppxPackage, press Enter.
    • From the output list, find the Mail App and remember the InstallLocation.
    • Type this command: Get-AppXPackage | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps_17.6120.42011.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\AppxManifest.xml"}
    • It would run as below:

Solution 2: If re-registering the App does not resolve your issue, Try reinstalling the App.

Step 1: Uninstall it completely
    • Run Windows PowerShell as Administrator.
    • Type Get-AppxPackage, press Enter.
    • From the output list, find Mail App package and remember its PackageFullName as below:
    • And then type the following command: Remove-Appxpackage –Package microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps_17.6120.42011.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe
    Note: After running this command in Windows 10, the Mail icon still appear in the App list and Start menu. However, you cannot click to launch it. Just ignore and continue next step.

Step 2: Reinstall the App from Windows Store

ZigZag3143 (MS -MVP), Jul 27, 2018
Thema:

Win 10 MAIL program quit working again how can I fix it

1. Win 10 MAIL program quit working again how can I fix it - Similar Threads - MAIL program quit

2. How can i fix locksceen in win 10?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How can i fix locksceen in win 10?: Hello everyone, I'm using Windows 10 and encountering an issue with the lock screen. Initially, when I purchased the computer and the genuine Windows license, I was able to customize the lock screen with my own selected images. However, recently, when I got bored of the old...
  3. How can i fix locksceen in win 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can i fix locksceen in win 10?: Hello everyone, I'm using Windows 10 and encountering an issue with the lock screen. Initially, when I purchased the computer and the genuine Windows license, I was able to customize the lock screen with my own selected images. However, recently, when I got bored of the old...
  4. How can i fix locksceen in win 10?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. how can i fix garbled text on windows 10 mail

how can i fix garbled text on windows 10 mail: how can i fix garbled text on windows 10 mail https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-fix-garbled-text-on-windows-10-mail/62e04682-55de-4558-8199-09d4bb08ee35
  6. My Microsoft Mail program quit working.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    My Microsoft Mail program quit working.: Microsoft downloaded a reinstall OS but still doesn't work. Two PCs running Win 10 and different printers yet neither will print from Windows Mail app. Suggestions? Deleted Mail app and reinstalled. Still fails to print on two different PCs. Appears the app is defective...
  7. Ms Win 10 Mail and Calendar program

Ms Win 10 Mail and Calendar program: I need to get Mail working again, or outlook. I ran Ms' SetupProd_OffScrub.exe file to clean off Office 365 and it cleaned off most of my other programs like Mail!...
  8. Microphone Quit working after Win 10 update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone Quit working after Win 10 update: I have a Blue Snowball Microphone that was working on my old Windows 10 PC and when I upgraded to my new Dell PC it worked fine. Did the latest updates on win 10 and now it will not work. Have tried to update drivers and the sound Diagnostics but to no avail. Mic is a Blue...
  9. Mail quit working

Mail quit working: MS mail on windows 10 quit working the first of April,, any suggestions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mail-quit-working/99a1ad2d-2a5c-497e-a946-ad245a8dfe6f
  10. Sound quit working, Again?

in Windows 10 Support
    Sound quit working, Again?: Hi I posted about this before, but once again my sound quit working. Last night when I shut down my computer it was working, this morning when I booted up it wasn't. I restarted a couple of times (which has worked before when this happened sometimes) but no luck....