Windows 10: Win 10 & Mouse (2nd posting)

Discus and support Win 10 & Mouse (2nd posting) in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; My original post was marked solved in error. It concerned how to program the extra buttons provided on my Microsoft 5000 mouse. TC had been helping... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Agunat, May 20, 2018.

1. Agunat Win User

Win 10 & Mouse (2nd posting)

My original post was marked solved in error. It concerned how to program the extra buttons provided on my Microsoft 5000 mouse.

TC had been helping me. At first I was given a link to the mouse manual. It turns out that that manual was for a "Bluetooth notebook mouse". I have no idea what a notebook mouse is but mine is not Bluetooth.

TC then gave me a link to download a software control center you can download from them to help with the setup and programming of the buttons.
    *Arrowhttps://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=849755

When trying to run this control center I get the error message that "this app does not support a 64-bit system" (it is an older mouse).

Surely there must be a way around this.

Help again, please... Bob

:)

Agunat, May 20, 2018

2. Win 10 Post-download issues

Hi Hassan,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I suggest you to run the update troubleshooter by following the steps below and check if it helps:

• Type “Troubleshooting” in search box and press Enter.
    • Click on “View All” option on top left pane.
    • Select “Windows Update” from the list and follow the prompts for troubleshooting.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, May 21, 2018
  3. Reset mouse settings in Windows 10?

Hi Daniel,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Navigate to Start>Settings>Devices.
    • Click on Mouse and Touchpad.
    • In the right pane, click on Additional Mouse Settings.
    • Under Pointer tab, Click on Use Default.
    • Click on Apply and OK.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, May 21, 2018
Thema:

Win 10 & Mouse (2nd posting)

1. Win 10 & Mouse (2nd posting) - Similar Threads - Mouse 2nd posting

2. Mouse will not move to 2nd Monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse will not move to 2nd Monitor: Hi team,I am unable to move my mouse from one screen to another. This is not a "monitor on the wrong side" issue. I can see the second screen, but I run the mouse across all 4 walls and never cross the border. When I try to hold/drag a window over, the Window does move across...
  3. Mouse will not move to 2nd Monitor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse will not move to 2nd Monitor: Hi team,I am unable to move my mouse from one screen to another. This is not a "monitor on the wrong side" issue. I can see the second screen, but I run the mouse across all 4 walls and never cross the border. When I try to hold/drag a window over, the Window does move across...
  4. Mouse will not move to 2nd Monitor

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Login error 0x80070422 2nd post

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Login error 0x80070422 2nd post: Hello, When I try to log into the Microsoft store it give me the prompt to choose what account I would like to use and to create a new one. If I click either of them it pops up with "Something went wrong, Please try again later...
  6. Login error 0x80070422 2nd post

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Login error 0x80070422 2nd post: Hello, When I try to log into the Microsoft store it give me the prompt to choose what account I would like to use and to create a new one. If I click either of them it pops up with "Something went wrong, Please try again later...
  7. First post WIN 10 VPN

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    First post WIN 10 VPN: Retired IT Professional. Current need for information on VPN removal. 178042
  8. Win 10 posts to blank screen ?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Win 10 posts to blank screen ?: My windows 10 will boot past post but then goes to blank screen. Im on vers 1511 pro I have reinstalled windows more then one time. I have booted in safe mode and uninstalled video drivers and also monitor drivers . This helps until I fully power off my system then system...
  9. win 10 works at 2nd restart

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    win 10 works at 2nd restart: every time i power on my PC. I've to press on restart button . because it stop at windows logo screen longtime , then I've to press on restart button to Start windows normally. can u solve this problem? note/ I had installed win 10 to solve this before. but Without avail!!...
  10. Win 10 & mouse

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Win 10 & mouse: I'm not sure if this is actually a Win 10 problem or not but I have a Microsoft mouse and the scroll wheel in the middle of the mouse clicks side to side as well as forward and back. What is this side to side motion supposed to do? I can't see anything that happens when I use...