Windows 10: win 10 no longer boots after update

Discus and support win 10 no longer boots after update in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have now had three PC's from different manufacturers, but all using different Foxconn boards with the Intel H61 chipset and UEFI bios, all upgraded... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by robmar0se, Sep 2, 2016.

1. robmar0se Win User

win 10 no longer boots after update

I have now had three PC's from different manufacturers, but all using different Foxconn boards with the Intel H61 chipset and UEFI bios, all upgraded from Win 7 that have failed after a Win 10 update. By failed I am saying that on trying to boot, fans start, but clearly the systems don't boot (no options even to get into BIOS). PSU, graphics, hdd, ram all checked out okay; CMOS reset. In a couple of cases the cpu was reseated. We replaced one board only for the system started but then reverted with same symptoms (returned as DOA!).

I have posted elsewhere seeking an answer, many "experts" don't believe that Microsoft may have corrupted the Uefi, but remember Windows does check Uefi to verify that Windows is genuine, so it is not impossible for the Uefi becoming corrupted in certain situations. Of course, the main boards could be faulty, but the no of incidences of the situation can't be coincidence.

I am just a small one man repair shop, but with more years of IT experience than I care to mention. The only way to verify my opinion is to have a client who would be happy to go along with replacing the BIOS chip and doing a clean install of win 7 (just rebooting back into win 10 may just give the same issue).

As there are now so many reports of this over many forums, HP, Dell, Windows central, Microsoft must have wind of this issue. Is it too much to expect Microsoft to come clean?

:)

robmar0se, Sep 2, 2016

2. Windows 10 no longer boots after update January 2

You're welcome, Koos. We appreciate you for providing us the said information. It is a good habit to always back up especially when making significant changes to your computer such as updating the operating system and performing a clean install to avoid
    data loss.

Should you encounter any issues with Microsoft and its products in the future, please do not hesitate to reach out to us here in the Community.

Best regards.

Lizette Ags, Sep 2, 2016
  3. Windows 10 no longer boots after update January 2

Hi Koos,

Windows.old folder contains all the files and data from your previous Windows installation. You can restore your system to the old version of Windows using this folder. If you can not find a specific file on your new Windows installation, you can find it
    inside the said folder. In addition, Windows.old folder gets deleted after a month (10 days if you currently have Windows 10 Fall Creators Update installed). Since you've performed a clean install, you won't be able to restore from it.

Best regards.

Lizette Ags, Sep 2, 2016
  4. win 10 no longer boots after update

I would get an outlet grond tester and see how that all works out all the way to each PC outlet then get a DVM and check the PSU voltage rails rails and grounds or more likely .maybe you had a voyage surge or ground /neutral or buss bar fault in the building affecting more than one PC PSU on one or more circuits an electrician can fix.

Foxconn makes a lot of component assys ,finished product , mainboards etc.e and Sony TV's, assembles the panels & makes circuit boards ,and Sony sound products , and expensive Sony XBR 4K HDR TV's like in here and maybe $$$$ professional Sony production equipment and PS-3-4/Xboxes and HP PC's and virtually everything Apple sells so Foxconn can make good stuff,probably as good as anybody on the planet.
    *Roflmao2

I have a house full of HP and Sony and it's all reliable to a fault .

electronuser, Sep 2, 2016
  5. Bumpkin Win User
    I had a problem after this last update. No bios info or manufacturers splash screen on boot on two machines. Just a blank monitor.
    Switched from HDMI monitors to VGA and found the OS was loaded and waiting for me.
    You might want to check it out.

Bumpkin, Sep 2, 2016
  6. if you are speaking of 14095 anthing is possible

electronuser, Sep 2, 2016
  7. robmar0se Win User
    Many thanks, while I accept yr suggestion is possible, but... on all 3 systems? I usually just replace the PSU to check, but on yr suggestion I did put a PSU tester on - all fine. However its unlikely that the PSU would be the cause on all items, and on a replacement board after the PSU had been checked? And always after a Win 10 update. Is that credible?

robmar0se, Sep 2, 2016
  8. robmar0se Win User

But I replaced the graphics card with a known good one with the same issue (using VGA)! Thanks for yr suggestion, I know some had success with different solutions. I've tried these and every trick I know, to get a BIOS response from the systems, without any joy.

robmar0se, Sep 2, 2016
  9. robmar0se Win User
    Can't be sure as when I get them the systems are dead - my guess would be build 1511

robmar0se, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. win 10 no longer boots after update - Similar Threads - longer boots update

2. PC no longer boots after Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC no longer boots after Update: So 2 days ago I left my PC overnight to install a Windows update, but when I woke up in the morning when I signed in my entire desktop was just black. Attempting to fix this, I went into the advanced options in the boot mode and uninstalled the most recent Windows Update I...
  3. PC no longer boots after Update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC no longer boots after Update: So 2 days ago I left my PC overnight to install a Windows update, but when I woke up in the morning when I signed in my entire desktop was just black. Attempting to fix this, I went into the advanced options in the boot mode and uninstalled the most recent Windows Update I...
  4. PC no longer boots after Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Win 10 will no longer boot

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Win 10 will no longer boot: I changed parameter under Boot Tab, Advance Options using MSCONFIG command. Win 10 will no longer boot. How do I resolve this issue as I can no longer access MSCONFIG to remove what I changed ??...
  6. Some SSIDs no longer visible after Win 10 update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Some SSIDs no longer visible after Win 10 update: I have three systems a DKT 700 Tower, and Acer DX730 All in one, and a Fujitsu e-Series laptop, and a number of apple products which all use my Telstra NBN connection \ modem, all of my devices could successfully see and connect to my Telstra Smart Modem Gen 2, I also still...
  7. second monitor no longer displays after win 10 update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    second monitor no longer displays after win 10 update: This is a weird one but seems to be quite common for peeps who have upgraded from win 7 - 10. I'm running win10 pro. After a win 10 update in Feb, I restarted my machine and my second monitor no longer works. That update also trashed my NVIDIA driver updates but I have...
  8. Win 10 does not boot after update

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10 does not boot after update: Hi, My PC (win 10 pro 64bit) never boots after any update. I just see a black screen with those little white dots rotating on the lower half of the screen and they do that for hours. That nonsense started with the anniversary update a month or so ago. I have to turn the PC...
  9. win 10 boot looping after update

in Windows 10 Support
    win 10 boot looping after update: Upgraded to win 10 from win 7 online and there was an automatic update to win 10 a few days ago and the next time i restarted the desktop I am now stuck in a bootloop computer specs are at bottom of this post system restore does not work.... "need to specify which...
  10. Win 10 tablet no longer completely boots

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10 tablet no longer completely boots: It gets as far as the login screen, and after I enter my password the circle of little dots just spin, and spin and spin... I bought this tablet a week ago, it is an Acer One 10 s1002-145A. Earlier today I checked for updates, and tried to download the update to the new...