Windows 10: Win 10 not booting or repairing.

Discus and support Win 10 not booting or repairing. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello. While using my Windows 10 x64 PC, it decided to crash while I had looked away for 5 mins. It wasn't updating or doing anything taxing. It then... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by jup81, Aug 5, 2018.

1. jup81 Win User

Win 10 not booting or repairing.

Hello. While using my Windows 10 x64 PC, it decided to crash while I had looked away for 5 mins. It wasn't updating or doing anything taxing. It then wouldn't boot, a critical process died. So into the recovery options it was..

Automatic recovery said it couldn't fix the problem. I checked all cables, connectors and removed all peripherals (which have been checked on another pc), still would only POST then BSOD.

Tried system restore, no joy. Checked all BIOS settings. Used CMD prompt from recovery options, and tried various fixes I found on the internet.

One report said a HDD wasn't responding. I believe this would be the boot SanDisk SSD.

Another method at trying to restore the registry said that was at fault but the backup files were empty so I couldnt proceed with that.

So tried booting from the Windows DVD to attempt repair or at worse fresh install, but this hangs on a blue screen shortly after it starts, so can't even do that :/

Anyone any ideas or has something gone fubar??

Cheers, Jup

:)

jup81, Aug 5, 2018

2. Windows 10 USB boot

Hi there, am not a windows 10 expert. I have a pc in the bedroom on windows 10, I messed up the bootloader trying to fix the xp on that system.

System wont boot, trying to repair via win 10 usb installer.

Downloaded the media creation tool to install windows 10 installer on usb stick. Not compatible with a host of usb sticks I have. Tried the usb sticks that others use, but I think they use rufus; as the media creation tool by win 10 does not detect the usb stick.

So quick question, the win10 machine i am trying to repair the bootloader is a win7 upgraded to win10.
    If i were to use the usb win10 installer to "repair installation" does the version of the iso downloaded via the media creation tool matter?

There is three options:
    Windows 10
    Windows 10 Home
    Windows 10 N

Also is there a step by step instead of using rufus as I want to try an alternative method of creating a usb win 10 installer. Preferably with more compatibility.

System is a asus sabertooth 990 (r2?) with AMD phenom X 6.

Also is there any other software I can load onto the usb that can repair the bootloader easily?
    That would be the ideal alternative. Thanks

TRUELOVE95, Aug 5, 2018
  3. RealNeil Win User
    Win 10 boots...

I can't answer to the speed of Win-8 booting. I tried the Win-8 preview and went back to Win-7 after a month. They say that Win-8.1 is a lot better than Win-8 was.
    My Win-10 TP is working well ATM.

RealNeil, Aug 5, 2018
  4. Win 10 not booting or repairing.

Windows 10 random automatic repair after changing boot priority.

Hello. So i have an Windows 10 Pro. Sometimes when i am changing in bios boot order from USB to HDD ( SDD ) windows starts booting with AUTOMATIC REPAIR and then restarting. Is this something with BIOS \ Windows 10 bug related? Tested on pc and on laptop , and sometimes it doing the same.

Situation on PC first,listen:

Few days ago after i change boot in UEFI BIOS from USB to SSD.
    Then Windows 10 showed at 1 boot Automatic Repair.
    When starting Windows 10 boot loader starts by "preparing automatic repair" and diagnosing pc.
    Interesting is that if I restart Windows (after procedure mentioned earlier) it will boot normally. This startup problem was occured only when starting system again after shutdown or restarted pc from windows.So i was needed 2 boots to boot properly to windows.
    But on pc, format was needed to remove completely issue and after format is fine.

Pc :
    2x8gb Kingston Hyperx 1600mhz DDR3
    SSD samsung Evo 250 gb
    4790k stock
    Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark 2 with UEFI BIOS

Now laptop with old standard bios:
    On laptop i made the same operation, change boot from USB to HDD and on first boot Windows 10 shows Automatic Repair. But it happened once and i cant reproduce. No format was needed.

laptop is very old with 2gb ram

Why on pc format was needed when on laptop not?

Thanks for suggestions.

litwicki24, Aug 5, 2018
Thema:

Win 10 not booting or repairing.

1. Win 10 not booting or repairing. - Similar Threads - booting repairing

2. Scanning and repairing drive D: everytime i boot my laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Scanning and repairing drive D: everytime i boot my laptop: Everytime I start my laptop, scanning and repairing drive D: appears, after a while I can enter into my desktop but all my apps are corruptedish and everything runs so slowly as if all nothing is responding.Everytime I restart and/or shutdown my laptop, the scanning and...
  3. Scanning and repairing drive D: everytime i boot my laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Scanning and repairing drive D: everytime i boot my laptop: Everytime I start my laptop, scanning and repairing drive D: appears, after a while I can enter into my desktop but all my apps are corruptedish and everything runs so slowly as if all nothing is responding.Everytime I restart and/or shutdown my laptop, the scanning and...
  4. Scanning and repairing drive D: everytime i boot my laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Is DISM repair using a USB the same as booting the latest win11 and doing a "repair install:"?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is DISM repair using a USB the same as booting the latest win11 and doing a "repair install:"?: I was looking at this 3rd party site that goes into detail about how to repair corruption. One of the last items mentioned is the possible need to download the latest windows ISO to a USB and run the following commandDISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth...
  6. Is DISM repair using a USB the same as booting the latest win11 and doing a "repair install:"?

Is DISM repair using a USB the same as booting the latest win11 and doing a "repair install:"?: I was looking at this 3rd party site that goes into detail about how to repair corruption. One of the last items mentioned is the possible need to download the latest windows ISO to a USB and run the following commandDISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth...
  7. Computer in infinite repair loop, windows update failing, can only boot up after disabling...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer in infinite repair loop, windows update failing, can only boot up after disabling...: Hi there,I have had this issue where I attempt to boot up my laptop and I immediately get the "Preparing AutoRepair" message. Then it will send me to the blue screen and get stuck on that screen unless I force shut down my computer. Sometimes after the AutoRepair, I can get...
  8. Computer in infinite repair loop, windows update failing, can only boot up after disabling...

Computer in infinite repair loop, windows update failing, can only boot up after disabling...: Hi there,I have had this issue where I attempt to boot up my laptop and I immediately get the "Preparing AutoRepair" message. Then it will send me to the blue screen and get stuck on that screen unless I force shut down my computer. Sometimes after the AutoRepair, I can get...
  9. Computer in infinite repair loop, windows update failing, can only boot up after disabling...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. Need help with an exeptionally bad Automatic repair boot loop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Need help with an exeptionally bad Automatic repair boot loop: I am running a windows 10 lenovo legion laptop. It has gotten stuck in a "automatic repair couldn't repair your pc" loop. every time I boot it i am met with this same screen. To top off the problem it won't let me log in to use any of the admin options to try fix the issue....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. repairing a hdd from where win10 doesn´t start

2. my computer isnt repairing or booting