Windows 10: Win 10 Not Remembering Default Programs

Discus and support Win 10 Not Remembering Default Programs in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I'm experiencing a problem with images attached to an email. Each time I click on an image to view it, I am presented with a menu asking me to select... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by StrongEagle, Dec 13, 2015.

1. Win 10 Not Remembering Default Programs

I'm experiencing a problem with images attached to an email. Each time I click on an image to view it, I am presented with a menu asking me to select the default program. I check the 'default' box, I select Picasa photo viewer, and I see the photo.

But, I have to do exactly the same thing again, the next time I want to view an image. The default setting is not being saved.

Thoughts?

TIA

:)

StrongEagle, Dec 13, 2015
  2. RickeyD Win User

Why does my DVD Player go store when I put DVD in

Win 10 came on this PC. I don't remember having any issues with DVD player before. I inserted a DVD today and it goes to store. I have default program Win Media Player and auto play on Ask each time. The DVD works fine on my other PC running Win 8.

RickeyD, Dec 13, 2015
  3. Laydeek Win User
    Windows 10 not remembering default audio player after last update

Ever since Windows 10 is did the major update about 2 weeks ago my laptop/HDMI screen setup keeps defaulting to the HDMI speakers instead of the external speakers.

The minute I go in and change the speakers to external speakers the sound works fine. I tell it that I want the external speakers set as default and it still works fine until I reboot and then have to go and change the settings to external again.

This has only been doing this since the last upgrade. WHY???? What can I do to fix it so that every time I login I don't have to change my speaker settings.

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

Laydeek, Dec 13, 2015
  4. sn00ker Win User

Win 10 Not Remembering Default Programs

Have you try under the Default Apps >> add it there >>> Choose default apps by file type

sn00ker, Dec 14, 2015
  5. Picasa is set as the default photo viewer under Settings menu. Also under for defaults for file types, Picasa is the default for .gif, .jpg, .jpeg, and .png and still doesn't work as noted above.

StrongEagle, Dec 14, 2015
  6. sn00ker Win User
    The problem might be with Picasa not Windows 10. Take a read on this and see if it can help

Code: Google Groupes

sn00ker, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Win 10 Not Remembering Default Programs

1. Win 10 Not Remembering Default Programs - Similar Threads - Remembering Default Programs

2. Windows Search Not Remembering Default Apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Search Not Remembering Default Apps: When I upgraded to Windows 11, the search function on my PC stopped working regularly. The search could no longer find most of my documents. I managed to fix that problem by re-indexing thru search settings. But I still have a problem where, when I open Microsoft Office files...
  3. Windows Search Not Remembering Default Apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Search Not Remembering Default Apps: When I upgraded to Windows 11, the search function on my PC stopped working regularly. The search could no longer find most of my documents. I managed to fix that problem by re-indexing thru search settings. But I still have a problem where, when I open Microsoft Office files...
  4. Win 10 default program list

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 10 default program list: I am 66 and set in my ways. I downloaded a copy of the antique version of MS Paint from the internet because it has features I'm used to. I got it to work in Win10, but the only way to ad a .jpg or .bmp file to it is to drag and drop it, then it works perfectly. I want to...
  5. Win 10 default program list

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Win 10 default program list: I am 66 and set in my ways. I downloaded a copy of the antique version of MS Paint from the internet because it has features I'm used to. I got it to work in Win10, but the only way to ad a .jpg or .bmp file to it is to drag and drop it, then it works perfectly. I want to...
  6. Win 10 default program list

7. Win 10 don't remember cookies and passwords.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Win 10 don't remember cookies and passwords.: I have an brand-new Laptop with Windows 10 Home SL. And my question is: Why must i every time when i open Facebook or want to use Youtube fill in my account with password? Every time the sites asking me will you that the password manager remember it i say yes. But why is...
  8. Windows 10 never remembers default apps

Windows 10 never remembers default apps: Hi, I have a very frustrating problem with the default apps in Win10 Basically windows doesn't care what I tell it to use as default. As an exmaple, Notepad++ for xml files instead of Edge and Windows Pic Viewer instead of Photos (amongst many others) In the settings app I...
  9. Failure of Windows 10 to remember default programs for second user

Failure of Windows 10 to remember default programs for second user: My computer has two users, both administrators. For the first, Windows 10 remembers all default programs to open file types. For the second, it never does. After a restart, they've all reverted to the Microsoft defaults and have to be reset (for instance, to make Chrome...
  10. Changing Default program in Win 10 home

Changing Default program in Win 10 home: When going into setting/apps & features/set default by app; I don't see the installed app that I prefer to use; specifically I want to use AVS4YOU media player to auto-play mp4 files and the like. I cant locate it under programs/default to choose it. I am likely missing...