Windows 10: Win 10 not seeing NAS

Discus and support Win 10 not seeing NAS in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello Looking for some assistance, thought myself fairly intelligent *092 but this is stumping me. Have a couple of Laptops running Win 7 (lovely... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Pixie, Jan 26, 2018.

1. Pixie Win User

Win 10 not seeing NAS

Hello

Looking for some assistance, thought myself fairly intelligent *092 but this is stumping me. Have a couple of Laptops running Win 7 (lovely software) and one running this muck called win 10. I have a Seagate NAS drive on my network that all other laptops are mapped to, however the Win 10 machine will not see the NAS, I have tried mapping network drive, tried pinging, tried entering path, just will not see it. The Win 10 machine is on the network and has access to internet, can even see one of the shares on the Win 7 laptop. Just not the NAS . I have installed the Seagate NAS software on the Win 10 laptop, and if I plug it straight into the NAS is still doesn't see it !!

If anyone would care to offer up a solution !

:)

Pixie, Jan 26, 2018

2. Win 10 and Legacy Hardware

How do I configure Win 10 pro to see a legacy NAS server?

I_Claudius, Jan 26, 2018
  3. Cannot see NAS drives after intalling build 10.0.10586

I have seven win 10 machines in my household. After updating 3 of the machines from 10.0.10240 to 10.0.10586 they lost the ability to see all of the NAS drives (2 Dlinks, one Lenovo and one WD My Cloud) in windows explorer. The un-updated machines continue
    to access the NAS drives as before but the updated machines cannot see the NAS drives. Are there any suggestions before I start randomly changing the settings to get NAS access back?

Thanks.

JohnWilcox49, Jan 26, 2018
  4. Berton Win User

Win 10 not seeing NAS

In Control Panel look at Programs and Features and Windows Components, a checkmark in SMB 1.0 may help. It's also in Settings, Apps but may be harder to find.

Berton, Jan 26, 2018
  5. Pixie Win User
    Thank you I will give that some investigation and get back to you

Pixie, Jan 26, 2018
  6. Pixie Win User
    No difference at all, unfortunately

Pixie, Jan 26, 2018
  7. Helmut Win User
    My NAS box, different brand, works with Windows 10.
    Windows 10 > Programs and features > Windows Features on/off > Tick box for SMB 1.0/CIFS They have recently changed options in there. No doubt due to security fixes a while back.
    You may have a legacy black square in there, they have added options. In which case you can remove, Restart, Retick the box(es), Restart.
    In your NAS box enable minimum SMB 1.0 up to maybe SMB 2 and large MTU. SMB 3 is out for pensioner Windows 7.

That works for mine anyway.

Helmut, Jan 26, 2018
  8. JoBo1943 Win User

Win 10 not seeing NAS

This problem surfaced with one of the big 10 updates. Has to do with SMDv1 being shut of by default or not there at all and I read today that even SMBv2 was off by default.
    There are many people suffering under MS and lots of threads but there seems to be no sure resolution. Here's one link.
    Cant access smb share after update to 1709

JoBo1943, Jan 26, 2018
  9. Pixie Win User
    Thank you people for the info, still no joy. As you say a few people are having this problem. Still not working, connect via the cat 5 cable and still wouldn't see it *Sad

Pixie, Jan 26, 2018
  10. Kbird Win User
    Reposted here:

do all the computer have passwords and have file sharing enabled on a Private Network?

are they all on the same Workgroup ? look under System ...it can be any name....M$ default is Workgroup

Try turning the SMBv1 Client back on :
    Explorer/Network shown everything except Computer - Windows 10 Forums

and setting one of the PC's (Server on 24/7?) to be the Domain Master and to Maintain a List

Explorer/Network shown everything except Computer - Windows 10 Forums

and be PATIENT SMBv1 can takes hours not minutes to sort itself out and replicate to all computers ...eg leave everything on overnight.. after starting them 1 by 1 , the Server 1st.....

above is working for me currently...

Kbird, Jan 28, 2018
  11. Pixie Win User
    Thank you SMB was on when I tried to connect, I expected a quick connection by I'll allow it to "slow cook" over night *Smile

Helpful Forum

Pixie, Jan 28, 2018
  12. Kbird Win User
    SMBv1 is slow, and off by default in Win10 1709 and up, if not used in the last 15 days..... it could take 1 1/2 hrs minimum maybe longer if it needs the "Server" and Master Browser list to Update too....

ALL computers/devices must have SMBv1 enabled and you MUST reboot after re-enabling it.....

I am unsure in Win7 has had SMBv1 removed or not ? I have not run 7 for 2 years or so now....

Kbird, Jan 28, 2018
  13. Pixie Win User

Win 10 not seeing NAS

Thank you, leaving it on over night to see if anything happens

Pixie, Jan 28, 2018
  14. Kbird Win User
    did you check the NAS is getting an IP Address ? and is in the same Workgroup?

Some NAS's if on 24/7 can be set as the Master Browser , I am using an old Laptop for this since if I turn it off it is very had to start again due to a MotherBoard issue

KB

Kbird, Jan 28, 2018
  15. Pixie Win User
    Yes thanks both are getting the same IP

Pixie, Jan 28, 2018
Thema:

Win 10 not seeing NAS

1. Win 10 not seeing NAS - Similar Threads - seeing NAS

2. Windows 11 does not see QNAP NAS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 does not see QNAP NAS: Windows does not see the NAS, a QNAP TS-219PII. This worked perfectly under Windows 10. The Windows LAN is defined as public, both network discovery and file and printer sharing are turned on. SMB is turned on.Which settings are to be checked in order that Windows recognizes...
  3. Windows 11 does not see QNAP NAS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 does not see QNAP NAS: Windows does not see the NAS, a QNAP TS-219PII. This worked perfectly under Windows 10. The Windows LAN is defined as public, both network discovery and file and printer sharing are turned on. SMB is turned on.Which settings are to be checked in order that Windows recognizes...
  4. I have all my backups on a Iomega Home Media Network Storage NAS drive but can only see the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have all my backups on a Iomega Home Media Network Storage NAS drive but can only see the...: I have all my backups on a Iomega Home Media Network Storage NAS drive but can only see the pictures and cannot move or download them is there any software to move the files...
  5. I have all my backups on a Iomega Home Media Network Storage NAS drive but can only see the...

I have all my backups on a Iomega Home Media Network Storage NAS drive but can only see the...: I have all my backups on a Iomega Home Media Network Storage NAS drive but can only see the pictures and cannot move or download them is there any software to move the files...
  6. Cant See existing NAS from new W11 PC

Cant See existing NAS from new W11 PC: I have connected a new Windows 11 PC to my home network, on which I have a NAS, on which I have stored all my files from the old PC. Unfortunately, I cannot see the NAS from the new PC. the old PC is still on the network and the NAS is working for that PC.Based on answers to...
  7. Cant See existing NAS from new W11 PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant See existing NAS from new W11 PC: I have connected a new Windows 11 PC to my home network, on which I have a NAS, on which I have stored all my files from the old PC. Unfortunately, I cannot see the NAS from the new PC. the old PC is still on the network and the NAS is working for that PC.Based on answers to...
  8. W11 PC unable to see and connect to home NAS and other PC's

in Windows 10 Gaming
    W11 PC unable to see and connect to home NAS and other PC's: I have a brand new W11 PC and cannot browse my home network, e.g. my NAS network attached storage server I have other W10 PC's and don't have an issue with them seeing the other PC's/server on my home network. This is a simple home network without a domain server. The new PC...
  9. W11 PC unable to see and connect to home NAS and other PC's

W11 PC unable to see and connect to home NAS and other PC's: I have a brand new W11 PC and cannot browse my home network, e.g. my NAS network attached storage server I have other W10 PC's and don't have an issue with them seeing the other PC's/server on my home network. This is a simple home network without a domain server. The new PC...
  10. can't see my NAS drive on file explorer windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    can't see my NAS drive on file explorer windows 10: i can't see my NAS drive file explorer QTS TS-253Aany suggestions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-see-my-nas-drive-on-file-explorer-windows-10/f607462a-b7b9-4cbc-82de-9c6dac90450f