Windows 10: Win 10 Not Starting Up after Update

Discus and support Win 10 Not Starting Up after Update in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; After doing latest updates of Win 10 where restart was prompted, laptop is not restarting/rebooting. Have gotten the black screen + circle which means... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by wedgekree, May 9, 2018.

1. wedgekree Win User

Win 10 Not Starting Up after Update

After doing latest updates of Win 10 where restart was prompted, laptop is not restarting/rebooting. Have gotten the black screen + circle which means 'loading' but nothing beyond that. Have waited 15-20 minutes, the mouse registers movement, but will not advance beyond that. have tried manual restarts by powerup several times and have same issue, cannot get laptop to start in scandisk. Cannot get to main login screen or bluescreen. Have attmepted manual restart at least 5 times and waited each time. Have left computer off for a period and then attempted to restart with no luck. Am unsure as to how to get it to restart to give any sort of access to prompts or ability to get alternate boot settings.

:)

wedgekree, May 9, 2018
Thema:

Win 10 Not Starting Up after Update

1. Win 10 Not Starting Up after Update - Similar Threads - Starting Update

2. Blue Screen Of Death when windows 11 start updating

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue Screen Of Death when windows 11 start updating: Dear Microsoft Community,I recently encountered a Blue Screen of Death BSOD issue for the first time on my pc in Windows 11 system, and I'm seeking assistance to understand and resolve the problem. The incident occurred shortly after I received a notification for a cumulative...
  3. Blue Screen Of Death when windows 11 start updating

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blue Screen Of Death when windows 11 start updating: Dear Microsoft Community,I recently encountered a Blue Screen of Death BSOD issue for the first time on my pc in Windows 11 system, and I'm seeking assistance to understand and resolve the problem. The incident occurred shortly after I received a notification for a cumulative...
  4. I switched off my laptop accidentally while it was updating and when I start it now it...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I switched off my laptop accidentally while it was updating and when I start it now it...: Hp 15 windows 11 error in the image inserted above https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-switched-off-my-laptop-accidentally-while-it-was/bd151537-fec9-4d00-8f36-0cb8af335e13
  5. I switched off my laptop accidentally while it was updating and when I start it now it...

I switched off my laptop accidentally while it was updating and when I start it now it...: Hp 15 windows 11 error in the image inserted above https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-switched-off-my-laptop-accidentally-while-it-was/bd151537-fec9-4d00-8f36-0cb8af335e13
  6. Unable to restart Windows after a chain of events starting with an update failure

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to restart Windows after a chain of events starting with an update failure: Hi,In my computer with Windows 11 installed, Windows update was stuck at 30%. Even though I restarted it 2-3 times, nothing changed. Finally, it entered its own recovery section but options such as startup repair, Uninstall updates, Startup settings did not open at safe mode...
  7. Unable to restart Windows after a chain of events starting with an update failure

Unable to restart Windows after a chain of events starting with an update failure: Hi,In my computer with Windows 11 installed, Windows update was stuck at 30%. Even though I restarted it 2-3 times, nothing changed. Finally, it entered its own recovery section but options such as startup repair, Uninstall updates, Startup settings did not open at safe mode...
  8. Windows Update service does not start "error 1053: "The service did not respond to the...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update service does not start "error 1053: "The service did not respond to the...: Whenever I try to start the Windows 10 update service, it fails with error 1053: "The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion." The service cannot start at all. I also cannot view the update history, although I was able to install updates....
  9. Windows Update service does not start "error 1053: "The service did not respond to the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Update service does not start "error 1053: "The service did not respond to the...: Whenever I try to start the Windows 10 update service, it fails with error 1053: "The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion." The service cannot start at all. I also cannot view the update history, although I was able to install updates....
  10. Windows Update service does not start "error 1053: "The service did not respond to the...