Windows 10: WIN 10 November Update - Black Screen Fail and Rollback

Discus and support WIN 10 November Update - Black Screen Fail and Rollback in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; After pulling my hair out over the latest update, not, well, updating, I turn to the experts *Smile WU downloads fine, and when I duly start the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by dexter69, Nov 15, 2015.

1. dexter69 Win User

WIN 10 November Update - Black Screen Fail and Rollback

After pulling my hair out over the latest update, not, well, updating, I turn to the experts *Smile

WU downloads fine, and when I duly start the process, it all looks to install okay, until it gets to the black screen - pretty much all files copy over, but then usually at the first reboot, my HP laptop switches off and doesn't come back on. So I turn it on manually at which point it immediately rolls back to 10420 (or whatever the last build was)

Can't seem to find any error logs so I'm left pulling my hair out - I've removed USB's, I've disabled Norton and still the same problem...

Can anyone help ?

:)

dexter69, Nov 15, 2015

2. Win10 upgrade failed, Rollback to Win 7 Home Premium failed

I was informed my Windows 10 upgrade was downloaded and would I like to proceed with the upgrade.

The upgrade failed and I was asked if I would like to rollback to Win 7.

Rollback to Win 7 failed.

I now have a system gets to the 'starting windows' screen and as soon as the four dots come together it goes black, flashes blue, then goes into a reboot loop.

Update

I have managed to get a Win7 rescue disk and then "Startup Repair" fails.

Root cause found:

---------------------------------------------

A recent driver installation or upgrade may be preventing the system from starting.

Repair action: System files integrity check and repair

Result: Failed. Error code = x490

ThisGuysTheLimit, Nov 15, 2015
  3. Windows 10 November update

We purchased a new Surface Pro 4 in Dec 2105. Shortly thereafter the November 2015 1511 update attempted to install. It successfully installed Phase 1 but failed on Phase 1 which has the black screen with Steps 1 -2 - 3. It auto rolled back to the
    prior Windows 10 version. Since that time the November update has not auto downloaded or attempted to install. I believe a read somewhere that if the upgrade fails it will not attempt to install again.. How to I get the November 2015 build 1115 update to
    install?

Rick12345SQ, Nov 15, 2015
Thema:

WIN 10 November Update - Black Screen Fail and Rollback

1. WIN 10 November Update - Black Screen Fail and Rollback - Similar Threads - November Update Black

2. Can't rollback to win 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't rollback to win 10: I have windows.old folder in my c drive but I can roll back into windows 10 and it has only been 3 days btw i installed win 11 by changing in apriserieses.dll https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-rollback-to-win-10/df2a258e-2ccc-4fd0-848b-62ab597f614f
  3. Stuck on black screen after rollback to windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck on black screen after rollback to windows 10: I upgraded to Windows 11 yesterday, and it just wasn't working well so I figured out how to go back to 10. The computer said it was rolling back to my previous version, then the screen went black and restarting hasn't helped. I can't see my mouse cursor either. On restart I...
  4. Stuck on black screen after rollback to windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stuck on black screen after rollback to windows 10: I upgraded to Windows 11 yesterday, and it just wasn't working well so I figured out how to go back to 10. The computer said it was rolling back to my previous version, then the screen went black and restarting hasn't helped. I can't see my mouse cursor either. On restart I...
  5. Stuck on black screen after rollback to windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. November 2020 Windows 10 Update Black Screen and Flashing Taskbar.

November 2020 Windows 10 Update Black Screen and Flashing Taskbar.: I recently tried to update my PC to the newest update, but when I restarted my PC and loggined in, all I could see is Black Screen in the background and the taskbar flashing. I left it for 30 minutes before I decided that it must have been the update. I learned how to...
  7. Update to windows 10 1903 fail and then rollback

Update to windows 10 1903 fail and then rollback: Hello, computer is working fine, but pretty much forever it fails to update. Model: Toshiba Satellite P755-0MK PSAY3C-0MK05C setupapi.dev https://1drv.ms/u/s!AofooWaG_YIPvSR49OvKaCwEiYgQ?e=ujub1v I tried clean restart and couple other easy solutions without luck. I...
  8. update to windows 10 1903 fail and then rollback

update to windows 10 1903 fail and then rollback: The error code is 0xc1900101 - 0x30018, what should i do ?Thanks faild items from setupapi.dev.log >>> [Setup online Device Install (Hardware initiated) -...
  9. Rollback RX and Win 10

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Rollback RX and Win 10: I've always used an imaging program once or twice a month but recently I added the free version of Rollback RX to a couple of Win 10 systems to see how well it works in practice and how reliable it is as a backup system. I have been astounded by the results, as it does indeed...
  10. Win 10 Rollback problem

Win 10 Rollback problem: Running Windows Update I unwittingly did a reinstall of Win 10 and lost all my settings., contacts and almost everything else.When I try to roll back to the earlier version using these instructions http://www.thewindowsclub.com/rollba...reators-update I get a message saying I...