Windows 10: win 10 o/s

Discus and support win 10 o/s in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Updated win 10 today. How do I find out what version I have , does not show in lower right hand corner. Last install was 10162--could this be 10240 or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by robert, Jul 26, 2015.

1. robert Win User

win 10 o/s

Updated win 10 today. How do I find out what version I have , does not show in lower right hand corner. Last install was 10162--could this be 10240 or the pre-release of win 10?

:)

robert, Jul 26, 2015
  2. Teddy2016 Win User

Windows 10 activation problems

If you have an "OEM" Windows 7 and you win 7 install media and 25 digit product key. You could try re-install win 7 and take the chance on getting it activated (**trick**). Then upgrading o/s to win 10.

I bought a new hard drive and win 10 pro OEM version and ""product key"" (about $200). Removed win 7 hard drive install new hard drive and new install win 10 o/s. Same hardware hash as win 7 copy. Except for hard drive. The new hard drive constituted new
    PC. That is argumentative.

If the hardware hash changes the current o/s will deactivate. In order to "upgrade" for free you need an activated win 7 o/s.

(**trick**) Do not allow auto activation after install. Manually activate, it will fail. Call the number on the screen and follow along. Answer the question at the end truthfully. If MS activates. That means they allowed hardware hash change. It is their
    product they can do it if they want to.

Teddy2016, Jul 26, 2015
  3. CDoster Win User
    Newly installed Windows 10 is S O S L O W !!!!

Windows 10 installed successfully on July 30, 2015. Now it takes 3-5 minutes to boot up from the sleep mode and about 5 minutes to boot cold. I'm not very computer savvy anymore since retirement and don't understand the techy answers. I don't know how
    to look into my pc to have it run diagnostics like it used to! I ran some troubleshooting things but the problem persists. I'm wondering if it is named Windows 10 because getting up and running takes 10 minutes or 10 x longer!!!! Just kidding! Any ideas?
    Before the upgrade my system ran quickly and when I opened the sleeping computer (lid) and tapped the space bar, it came awake immediately and I could be working in less than 30 seconds. I use Comcast Business and it is usually extremely fast! I haven't
    checked with Comcast yet as I assume they were/are ready for customers to be upgrading to Windows 10.

CDoster, Jul 26, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

win 10 o/s

Hello Robert,

You can open the Run dialog (Win+R), type winver, and click/tap on OK to see the build and version number. *Smile

Brink, Jul 26, 2015
  5. Mystere Win User
    If you have no watermark, then it probably is. But do as Brink suggests to be sure.

Mystere, Jul 26, 2015
  6. in cmd type systeminfo

Torrentula81, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

win 10 o/s