Windows 10: Win 10/Outlook 2007 - Can't change e-mail notification sound

Discus and support Win 10/Outlook 2007 - Can't change e-mail notification sound in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Sorry to post such a picky little issue. I guess that I must be OCD and want everything to work as it should. I have: Win 10 Pro X64 build 1511... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by dsscottage, Jan 18, 2016.

1. Win 10/Outlook 2007 - Can't change e-mail notification sound

Sorry to post such a picky little issue. I guess that I must be OCD and want everything to work as it should.

I have:
    Win 10 Pro X64 build 1511
    Outlook 2007

When new mail arrives, I get the default new mail sound (Windows Notify e-mail.wav). I tried to change the sound but regardless of what I choose, I still get the default sound.

I have "Play Sound" checked in Outlook.
    I have attempted to change the sound file in Windows/Control Panel/Sounds

The default e-mail sound plays regardless of the sound file chosen.

See - I told you this was picky!

Any ideas?

:)

dsscottage, Jan 18, 2016

2. Windows 10 Notification Sound Issue

I can't get the Outlook Notification Sounds in my Lumia 920 Windows 10 OS. It's enabled at Settings/System/Notifications section but doesn't work when I get e-mail. Is there any way to solve this issue?

Murat Durak, Jan 18, 2016
  3. Finn A Win User
    Windows 10 - Outlook 2016 New mail notification sound

I want to change the sound that is played when Outlook 2016 receives a new e-mail. I can change the sounds in Windows 10 sounds settings, e.g. "New Mail Notification". I have tried a dozen different ones of these, any one that could be even remotely relevant.
    But to no avail. Windows 10 still plays "pling" when a new mail arrives.

Anyone who knows how to configure this?

Finn A, Jan 18, 2016
Thema:

Win 10/Outlook 2007 - Can't change e-mail notification sound

1. Win 10/Outlook 2007 - Can't change e-mail notification sound - Similar Threads - Outlook 2007 Can't

2. Outlook e-mails

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Outlook e-mails: My e-mails will not download from AOL into my Outlook. Also, I am having an issue with attachments to my e-mails in Outlook. When I click on the attachment, I get the following error message: Your organization's polices are preventing us from completing this action for you....
  3. Outlook e-mails

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Outlook e-mails: My e-mails will not download from AOL into my Outlook. Also, I am having an issue with attachments to my e-mails in Outlook. When I click on the attachment, I get the following error message: Your organization's polices are preventing us from completing this action for you....
  4. Changing or Modifying Outlook Sound Notifications

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changing or Modifying Outlook Sound Notifications: Sound notifications are driving me crazy i.e. the obnoxious "squeak" when I move from one Outlook function to another. I have followed all advice online and still can't seem to disable them. Does anyone have any thoughts on this? I would appreciate your ideas...Thanks...
  5. E mail notifications

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    E mail notifications: I keep getting e mails saying its from Mail service that my account will be deactivated fron incoming mail if i dont verify? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/e-mail-notifications/55354a3b-292b-4d4e-9542-5c867ea7abe2
  6. Win 10 e-mails

Win 10 e-mails: This is about the e-mail app that comes with Win 10 - not Outlook and relates to the results of search. If I want to find an old e-mail and enter a key word in the search pane. I get a list of results fine. But then they all rush through and disappear. How do I...
  7. Windows 10 outlook e-mail

Windows 10 outlook e-mail: I have been using Outlook 2007, the old stand-alone app but it crashed and burned so am now using what came with windows 10. Is there any way to set up a standard format - font, size, etc. - in this program or must it be done each time you send an email?...
  8. Win 10 notification opens Mail instead of Outlook

Win 10 notification opens Mail instead of Outlook: Running fully patched Windows 10 Pro. When Windows notification pops up announcing a new email in Outlook, clicking on the notification opens Windows Mail instead of Outlook 2016. Outlook is the default app in Settings\Default Apps. Can't seem to switch it....
  9. e-mail notifications

e-mail notifications: I have enabled e-mail notifications on my Windows 10 computer. The problem is that whenever an e-mail from a particular sender arrives in my box, it plays 4 notification sounds in rapid succession. Is there any way to stop this annoying problem without disabling all...
  10. Can't get mail notification sound for Outlook 2016 tried everything

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Can't get mail notification sound for Outlook 2016 tried everything: Can't get mail notification sound for Outlook 2016. settings-apps and system sounds properly configured tried every hint on the internet,registry + config 37503

Users found this page by searching for:

1. sound alerts for email in outlook 2007