Windows 10: win 10 password problem

Discus and support win 10 password problem in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I updated to win 10 a couple of days ago and have been running OK until today. Now the machine will not start because the start up password will not be... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by jacrien, Aug 26, 2015.

1. jacrien Win User

win 10 password problem

I updated to win 10 a couple of days ago and have been running OK until today. Now the machine will not start because the start up password will not be acceoted. When I enter the microsoft password to match the e-mail it says go to account.live,com/password/reset, but how do I do that if the computer will not sart.
    .My wish now is to go back to windows 7 but this is impossible if the computer cannot be started.
    Can anyone help

:)

jacrien, Aug 26, 2015

2. Windows 10 printer connection

Hi

I have a similar problem, or same actually. I'm using homegroup for network, and when i use password off setting i can access PC that runs win 10 from win XP but not the printer. When i turn password on i cant figure out what is the user name i should use.
    So the problem is only when accessing from win XP to win 10, win 10 to win 10 is no issue.

RomanipenKragujevac, Aug 26, 2015
  3. Blipet Win User
    Heads Up: Win 10 not recognizing 3rd party software registrations and interfering with passwords

I've got a number of 3rd party software apps that I can no longer use because the previous Win 7 registration or activations are no longer recognized after my Win 10 OS update. I can probably get this fixed next week from the software suppliers themselves,
    even though it is a pain to have to contact and convince each individual developer that this is not a a new installation to a new PC or other device. I see that a number of other Win 10 updates have caused similar problems for other users.

A bigger problem for me is that Win 10 is interfering with some of my existing software to recognize my security passwords established with Win 7. When I enter the correct existing password, the software now yields a warning that I have entered an incorrect
    password. Unfortunately it also fails to offer offer me the option to click on a "Forget Your Password" link or to reset a password.

This failure to recognize my accurate passwords did not only affect 3rd party software, but also my PC User Account passwords. It took some professional help help to overcome the User Account password interference, but the 3rd party passwords are still an
    as-yet-unresolved set of problems. Any suggestions on how to get Win 10 out of the way here?

3rd party software developers may have not yet created a Win 10 compatible version of their app, so beware if you depend on the frequent use of such password-protected software and plan to upgrade to Win 10. On the other hand, I have no clue why Win 10 would
    not accept my previous Win 7 User Account passwords.

Blipet, Aug 26, 2015
  4. win 10 password problem

You are posting from another computer, it would seem, so you could access your Microsoft account there and check the password, or reset it if needed.

DeaconFrost, Aug 26, 2015
  5. jacrien Win User
    Thanks for your reply but the problem is now sorted This may sound strange but it was my wife who changed the password then went away for two days without keeping me informed. After a few words everything is back to normal and I am doing OK with win 10
    Regards
    Jack

jacrien, Aug 28, 2015
  6. Wives. Can't live without them, and they can't pee standing up.

DeaconFrost, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

win 10 password problem

1. win 10 password problem - Similar Threads - password problem

2. Hello I have biggest problem that my Nokia e6-00 mobile password is forgotten by me now I...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hello I have biggest problem that my Nokia e6-00 mobile password is forgotten by me now I...: Help me to unlock my nokia e6-00* Moved from Community Center https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hello-i-have-biggest-problem-that-my-nokia-e6-00/d7934c7f-06cc-4311-b3b4-dd1e8f9facf1
  3. Hello I have biggest problem that my Nokia e6-00 mobile password is forgotten by me now I...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hello I have biggest problem that my Nokia e6-00 mobile password is forgotten by me now I...: Help me to unlock my nokia e6-00* Moved from Community Center https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hello-i-have-biggest-problem-that-my-nokia-e6-00/d7934c7f-06cc-4311-b3b4-dd1e8f9facf1
  4. cannot reset password, i get "theres a temporary problem with the service"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cannot reset password, i get "theres a temporary problem with the service": This has been an asked question here before, but i cannot for the life of me find a fix. I have tried different devices, browsers, cleared cookies, cache, upgraded to windows 11, etc etc etc. no matter what i do, i cannot change or reset my Microsoft account password for my...
  5. cannot reset password, i get "theres a temporary problem with the service"

cannot reset password, i get "theres a temporary problem with the service": This has been an asked question here before, but i cannot for the life of me find a fix. I have tried different devices, browsers, cleared cookies, cache, upgraded to windows 11, etc etc etc. no matter what i do, i cannot change or reset my Microsoft account password for my...
  6. Problem with signing into Windows 10 without a password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Problem with signing into Windows 10 without a password: Hello,I'm running Windows 10 on a laptop, and I'm the only user for this machine. I wanted to sign into Windows 10 without entering a password each time. So I ran 'netplwiz', unchecked the option 'Users must enter a username and password to use this computer' and clicked...
  7. Problem with signing into Windows 10 without a password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with signing into Windows 10 without a password: Hello,I'm running Windows 10 on a laptop, and I'm the only user for this machine. I wanted to sign into Windows 10 without entering a password each time. So I ran 'netplwiz', unchecked the option 'Users must enter a username and password to use this computer' and clicked...
  8. Problem with signing into Windows 10 without a password

9. Keyboard isn't working, password is wrong, problems with logging in and uninstalling the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard isn't working, password is wrong, problems with logging in and uninstalling the...: My keyboard isn't working, and when I tried to login, Windows was showing that I typed the wrong password even though it wasn't wrong. So, I attempted to click the Troubleshooting button, then I clicked the Advanced Options button, and I clicked "uninstall updates," and then...
  10. Keyboard isn't working, password is wrong, problems with logging in and uninstalling the...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Keyboard isn't working, password is wrong, problems with logging in and uninstalling the...: My keyboard isn't working, and when I tried to login, Windows was showing that I typed the wrong password even though it wasn't wrong. So, I attempted to click the Troubleshooting button, then I clicked the Advanced Options button, and I clicked "uninstall updates," and then...