Windows 10: Win 10 PC not always detecting Mic In devices [audio problems 1]

Discus and support Win 10 PC not always detecting Mic In devices [audio problems 1] in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Win 10 x64 Dell Inspiron desktop PC When I plug in a stereo plug into the Mic In on the back of the case _usually_ I get a pop up prompt of: "What did... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Viewerx, Jul 2, 2018.

1. Viewerx Win User

Win 10 PC not always detecting Mic In devices [audio problems 1]

Win 10 x64 Dell Inspiron desktop PC

When I plug in a stereo plug into the Mic In on the back of the case _usually_ I get a pop up prompt of: "What did you plug in: Microphone or [something] sound center?" with Microphone already ticked so all I need to do is click OK.

I am having stereo Audio In issues [more in another thread]. I have a cassette player connected via a RCA to Stereo Plug cord. I was recording In using the Stereo plug in the Headphones jack - several stereo Left and Right Tests until I found one with not too much 'middle' and was swapping the RCAs from In to Out and putting the stereo plug back into Mic In. I am finding that after doing it twice the system is refusing to detect the plug and I have to do a Restart. I looked online to see if there was a way around this and in Win 7 and earlier there was but nothing current [when will they remove out dated info - I started following one idea until they wanted me to tick a box no longer there - sigh!]

Is it set to ignore anything put into the jack after 2 or 3 times or some nonsense? There is a minute or more between times so it should be ready.

Thank you for any light shed on this.

:)

Viewerx, Jul 2, 2018
  2. fireberd Win User

USB Mic Problems.

The next step is what I suggested originally. Try it in a friend's PC or take it to Best Buy and ask them to try it one of their PC's. Have to confirm the mic is working OK.

fireberd, Jul 2, 2018
  3. Triobian Win User
    Recording Mic Not Detected

So, I'm having a problem, and I'm not sure if this is the right place, but I can hope one of you might be able to help. I'm a newbie to this kind of stuff, most of the time I've figured things out by random trial and error. The problem I'm having is that my microphone is not being detected by Windows, it doesn't show up at all. I've tried a variety of things, but if you think you have a solution, assume I haven't tried it. If you can, I would like details and step by step stuff, I'm not great at improv direction. I'm a streamer and Youtuber, and the mic and interface was chosen because it's the the popular choice among other streamers.

Details of my setup:
    Mic: AT 2035
    Interface: Line 6 UX2
    PC: Custom
    Motherboard: Crossfire V Formula Z
    CPU: AMD FX-8350 Eight-Core Processor 4.01 GHz
    Ram: 16.0 GB
    GPU: GTX 1080 Founder Edition
    Recording Software: OBS

Picture 1: Current configuration of Pod Farm 2
    Version: 2.59
    Details:
    As seen, all three items in the configuration are turned on.Input is set to mic 1, and as seen from the levels the mic is working and the software is registering audio.

Picture 2: Pod Farm License Manager
    Details: As seen, both my computer and the UX2 Interface are authorized.Something I see, there are add-on's in UX2 but not on my pc, not sure if that is significant.

Picture 3: Playback and Recording
    Details:
    "Speakers 3 - Line 6 UX2" from the UX2 obviously.
    "NVIDIA HDMI Output (Port 1 - 3)" Are my monitors.
    "SONY TV - 4" Another of my monitors.
    "AT Headphones" My headphones.
    "Realtek Digital Output (1 - 2)" Not sure, but from the disc that came with my motherboard.
    "Digital Audio Interface 3 - Line 6 UX2" from the UX2 obviously.
    "Microphone" This is not the AT 2035. I'm unsure what it is, but when listening to audio its just the same droning noise. Might be an audio jack on the computer itself.
    "Line In" No clue on this.
    "Stereo Mix" Not sure what this does, but it is also from the disc that came with the motherboard.

That's everything that I can think to include. If you need more information in order to help I will do my best to answer. So, if you might know of a solution, please do say.

Triobian, Jul 2, 2018
  4. lvgandhi Win User

Via HD Audio - Sound and Mic not working

I have Asus S400CA.
    I also had the same problem with mic not working.
    First went to device manager.
    uninstall all drivers in Audio inputs and outputs.
    Then go to sound, video game controllers.
    Select VIA HD Audio. There also uninstall the driver.
    Reboot Mic works.
    Now right click speaker icon on task bar and click playback devises. If you want speaker, select it as default or headphone as default. In 8.1, as soon as we insert headphone, a dialog used to appear and we can select. Here in 10, that does not happen.

lvgandhi, Jul 2, 2018
Thema:

1. Win 10 PC not always detecting Mic In devices [audio problems 1] - Similar Threads - always detecting Mic

2. Windows 11 can only detect audio input from 1 mic?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 can only detect audio input from 1 mic?: For some reason, my computer can only detect audio from my Logitech C920 webcam mic. I plugged in my headset into my audio jack although the mic appears and I set it to my default device my webcam mic is only one that is picking up audio.I tried unplugging my webcam but my...
  3. Windows 11 can only detect audio input from 1 mic?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 can only detect audio input from 1 mic?: For some reason, my computer can only detect audio from my Logitech C920 webcam mic. I plugged in my headset into my audio jack although the mic appears and I set it to my default device my webcam mic is only one that is picking up audio.I tried unplugging my webcam but my...
  4. Audio device is not detected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Audio device is not detected: My computer is working fine before the update. After updating my PC saying that my audio device can't be found. Please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/audio-device-is-not-detected/6e9e1d05-73c0-4e4a-a4d1-009dd8b40d6f
  5. Audio device is not detected

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio device is not detected: My computer is working fine before the update. After updating my PC saying that my audio device can't be found. Please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/audio-device-is-not-detected/6e9e1d05-73c0-4e4a-a4d1-009dd8b40d6f
  6. Audio device not detected

Audio device not detected: I accidentally deleted the driver for my headset but I can't find them on the internet. And when I plug the Headset in it is the scorpion unicorn H8311 it is not detected. It was detected before but it suddenly stopped working. I am mostly sure it is not a problem with the...
  7. Audio devices not detected

Audio devices not detected: My computer was working fine earlier today but a few hours ago when i hopped on I was met with the blue screen of death. After 2ish hours of troubleshooting and a few rollbacks I was able to get my PC working again. Once I got it back on I noticed that my audio devices...
  8. Problems with audio device detection.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Problems with audio device detection.: Ok so I have been fighting with this for 3 days straight and im running out of things to try. I have installed a fresh version of win 10 pro on my new build (msi x570 unify, ryzen 5900x, in a phanteks case). My last system was running on msi z97s krait edition. So here's the...
  9. Audio not detected or "no audio output device installed" problem

Audio not detected or "no audio output device installed" problem: hello, I am having a problem with my windows 10 PC. I've recently installed the windows 10 version 20H2 and all of a sudden it says that no audio devices are installed. I've tried uninstalling feature updates and quality updates but nothing seems to work. Even my monitor...
  10. no audio device detected

no audio device detected: when I plug my headphones into the front panel audio jack, a dialog box pops up, like this one: [img] Yet sound is turned off. I can look at this dialog box as well: [img] [img] Any help is appreciated. 118349