Windows 10: Win 10 previously activated, now it's not !!

Discus and support Win 10 previously activated, now it's not !! in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi folks and guru's etc. Strange problem for me. Upgraded from Win 7 Professional last August, not long after Win 10 was released. Went ok at the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by weescotsman, Feb 13, 2016.

1. Win 10 previously activated, now it's not !!

Hi folks and guru's etc.

Strange problem for me. Upgraded from Win 7 Professional last August, not long after Win 10 was released. Went ok at the time, any issues I had were soon resolved. Until last week that is. Not sure if it was an update that done this to my aging PC, but I've gone from being Activated to Un-Activated.

Couldn't find an answer so ended up on the Microsoft forum speaking to a relatively helpful chap, who more or less didn't really help me at all but gave me a UK phone number to call regarding my issue. He was unable to explain how my PC had basically gone backwards and unable to be activated. I've not yet phoned this number but might be forced to if I can't find an answer.

The error code I'm getting when trying to re-activate my license is 0xC004f210 and it won't allow me to do the activation. Wonder if anyone else has come across a similar issue and was able to resolve it ?

rgds,

Brian

:)

weescotsman, Feb 13, 2016

2. i cant activate my win 10 after reinstalling win 10

i reinstalled win 10 on my laptop which had win 7 previously after installing now i cant activate my win 10 and i had tried talking to customer service Microsoft but couldn't kindly solve my issue or guide me

JaweriaAbbas, Feb 13, 2016
  3. NaeemSahi Win User
    Is Windows 10 licensing status change with changes in hardware configuration?

Hello

I have Dell Inspiron 17 5759 Laptop having licensed Win 10 in its 2 TB HDD.

But now i wanna install 2nd hard drive (SSD) for OS.

If I Install Win 10 to new SSD, Can my Win 10 activated as previously activated on HDD?

I highly appreciate your help regarding my question.

Best Regards

NaeemSahi, Feb 13, 2016
  4. davidhk Win User

Win 10 previously activated, now it's not !!

....................it won't allow me to do the activation..........................
    How did you try to activate ? What method ?

Have you tried this way ?.............................
    Right click at the Start button > left side, click Settings > select Update & Security > left side, click Activation > right side, click Change product key > then type in your Win 7 Pro product key.

davidhk, Feb 13, 2016
  5. WHS
    whs Win User
    Brian, you have all the facts. Call that MS number that was given to you. They can help you better than we could.

6. I've tried entering my previous Windows 7 license key but it doesn't work and I get a different error code - 0xc002001b - instead.

weescotsman, Feb 14, 2016
  7. davidhk Win User
    Sorry to hear that.
    Might as well try the phone.

davidhk, Feb 14, 2016
  8. NavyLCDR New Member

From an elevated ("run as administrator") command prompt, please run:

slmgr /dlv

Please post the result window here. There won't be any uniquely identifying info on it, so you don't have to blank anything out. If you see something about KMS activation in the results, that is your problem. You want to see something about RETAIL channel.

I would disagree. This forum has provided plenty of answers after Microsoft has failed to help via phone support. It seems like the only reason you are on this forum is to tell people to go back to Windows 7 and ask Microsoft for help.

NavyLCDR, Feb 14, 2016
  9. I would strongly agree with you on this!

Recently, I did a clean-install of 10586 on a laptop and after install, could not activate using the Win7 product key.

I contacted MS twice about this, and in both cases, the IDIOTS at MS told me that you can not use a Win7 product key to activate Win10 -- even though, in both calls, I told them clearly that I was running release 1151, build 10586.104.

The ONLY thing that fixed it was help that folks provided me on this forum!

Mark Phelps, Feb 14, 2016
  10. bayustev Win User
    hmm..strange indeed. well, i just fresh installed windows 10 x86. kinda downgrade from windows 10 x64. and i activated directlly from setting/activation and work. its 1155 version.
    while installing i even skip typing windows product key, since before i downgrade i read from setting/activation, thats my windows is activated with digital entitlement.
    my previous windows are windows 7.

bayustev, Feb 14, 2016
  11. WHS
    whs Win User
    I prefer the shortest and most practical way to solve a problem. No need to wade thru many postings on a forum when the problem can be solved with 1 phone call. And why would someone who has a perfectly well running Windows 7 upgrade to W10 with no gain.

12. NavyLCDR New Member
    I suppose you could be right. We are likely not to see any posts on this forum by the people who have called Microsoft and solved their problem in one phone call - we will only see posts here from those that didn't.

NavyLCDR, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Win 10 previously activated, now it's not !! - Similar Threads - previously activated

2. cant activate Windows even though it was previously activated on the same device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cant activate Windows even though it was previously activated on the same device: HELP!!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-activate-windows-even-though-it-was/1903894e-49a7-4a2f-88ec-6d217e71a095
  3. cant activate Windows even though it was previously activated on the same device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cant activate Windows even though it was previously activated on the same device: HELP!!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-activate-windows-even-though-it-was/1903894e-49a7-4a2f-88ec-6d217e71a095
  4. How to purchase win 10 pro and activate digital license? previous Win 10 Home single...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to purchase win 10 pro and activate digital license? previous Win 10 Home single...: Previously my user's PC upgraded from windows 8 single language with key activated, to windows 10 home single language.After the OS upgrade, digital license was lost and not found on OS.I am planning to purchase Windows 10 Pro.How to purchase windows 10 pro?How to change from...
  5. How to purchase win 10 pro and activate digital license? previous Win 10 Home single...

How to purchase win 10 pro and activate digital license? previous Win 10 Home single...: Previously my user's PC upgraded from windows 8 single language with key activated, to windows 10 home single language.After the OS upgrade, digital license was lost and not found on OS.I am planning to purchase Windows 10 Pro.How to purchase windows 10 pro?How to change from...
  6. How to purchase win 10 pro and activate digital license? previous Win 10 Home single...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  7. Activate Windows 10 pro previously upgraded from Windows 7 then 8 then 10 pro WITHOUT EVER...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Activate Windows 10 pro previously upgraded from Windows 7 then 8 then 10 pro WITHOUT EVER...: How do I activate windows 10 pro when I'm assuming that prior to th0e upgrade from 7 ...8.. then 10 the laptop hadn't been activated. I've had this for awhile die to the fact it pwas my Granny and I just can't part with it yet. Not to mention it's actually working ok..I just...
  8. Activate Windows 10 pro previously upgraded from Windows 7 then 8 then 10 pro WITHOUT EVER...

Activate Windows 10 pro previously upgraded from Windows 7 then 8 then 10 pro WITHOUT EVER...: How do I activate windows 10 pro when I'm assuming that prior to th0e upgrade from 7 ...8.. then 10 the laptop hadn't been activated. I've had this for awhile die to the fact it pwas my Granny and I just can't part with it yet. Not to mention it's actually working ok..I just...
  9. Activate Windows 10 pro previously upgraded from Windows 7 then 8 then 10 pro WITHOUT EVER...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  10. Windows says I need an activation key after upgrading, but it previously told me that I...

Windows says I need an activation key after upgrading, but it previously told me that I...: My old computer finally bit the dust so I bought new parts and had a new one built for me. I upgraded to windows 10 for free years ago, and as far as I could find that means that I don't have a key and instead have a digital license. The old pc no longer exists, so I can't...