Windows 10: Win 10 Pro 64 no longer updates - apparently a number of weeks now?

Discus and support Win 10 Pro 64 no longer updates - apparently a number of weeks now? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Having trouble with 10 updating...notice the following recently per the attached jpg. All updates - Win 10 and other programs - appear to be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by trinaz, Oct 14, 2016.

1. trinaz Win User

Win 10 Pro 64 no longer updates - apparently a number of weeks now?

Having trouble with 10 updating...notice the following recently per the attached jpg.

All updates - Win 10 and other programs - appear to be failing. Not sure when this started but can't figure out how to fix it ?

Also the new Anniversary Update never completed downloading...took hours to get to 99%...but then stayed there for over 20 hours ?

1st where do I start to get just regular updates (weeks and weeks apparently) to actually download install without failing as per attached jpg ? Anniversary update can be addressed later ?

Thanks....

:)

trinaz, Oct 14, 2016
  2. Majormom Win User

Cannot connect to HomeGroup when switching from wireless to wired connection.

Download and installed the update now 1378. No change on trying to do a home group.

Interesting side note. I I'm running 64-bit win 10 pro & still have version 1607. There is a note on the update page saying win 10 creators update is no the way. That's now into 4 months since release and apparently no auto update to the creators update.
    Isn't that unusual?

Majormom, Oct 14, 2016
  3. Tamz.MS Win User
    (2) TWO WMI Provider Host (WmiPrvSE.exe) running at my Task Manager while on IDLE

After i waited for 5-15 min.. the 2nd WMI Provider Host is sync to Svchost.exe and will be ok!

this other 1. remains the the Task Manager eating up 10-15% of my CPU usage.

please help me.... i just build my rig 3 weeks ago.

and also the Svchost.exe eats my CPU usage from time to time..

please help me. is there some problem while updating my win 8.1 to win 10?

Tamz.MS, Oct 14, 2016
  4. vgchat Win User

Hi, have you ran DISM yet as per this article?
    How to Repair Corrupted Windows System Files with the SFC and DISM Commands

Run the DISM Command to Fix SFC Problems

On Windows 10, 8.1, and 8, the Deployment Image & Servicing Management tool can fix component store corruption that prevents the SFC command from working properly.
    To run this command, open a Command Prompt as administrator. Type the following command and press Enter. DISM will check your Windows component store for corruption and automatically fix any problems it finds. Code: DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth[/quote] Allow the command to finish running before closing the Command Prompt window. This may take five to ten minutes. It’s normal for the progress bar to stay at 20 percent for a while, so don’t worry about that.
    If the DISM command changed anything, restart your computer afterwards. You can now run the SFC command again and it would be able to replace any corrupted files with the correct ones.

Again open cmd prompt as a Admin and run this to run the mentioned SFC command.

Code: sfc /scannow[/quote]

vgchat, Oct 14, 2016
  5. AndreTen Win User
    AndreTen, Oct 14, 2016
  6. trinaz Win User
    Allow the command to finish running before closing the Command Prompt window. This may take five to ten minutes. It’s normal for the progress bar to stay at 20 percent for a while, so don’t worry about that.
    If the DISM command changed anything, restart your computer afterwards. You can now run the SFC command again and it would be able to replace any corrupted files with the correct ones.

Again open cmd prompt as a Admin and run this to run the mentioned SFC command.

Code: sfc /scannow[/quote] [/quote]

Thanks for the quick reply...ran the C:\Windows\system32>DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth with administrtive priviliges but got the attached jpg 'error" Did not continue with sfc /scannow

What do I do now to get DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth to run correctly ?

Thanks...

trinaz, Oct 14, 2016
  7. AndreTen Win User
    Trinaz, you need an ISO of Windows build (same as running) and point DISM command to it.

There are a lot of similar threads already on this forums.. follow instructions in this one (post) #2 - or any other

davidhk posted: (link doesn't work anymore - find it in post above...

AndreTen, Oct 14, 2016
  8. trinaz Win User

OK...thanks...will work on this later...off to work now...hopefully I'll get this figured out in next day or two following your advice

trinaz, Oct 14, 2016
  9. trinaz Win User
    apparently the iso file is no longer at this s link...can you provide a current or different link for the Win 10 Pro 64 bit anniversary iso file to try ?

thanks...Tim

trinaz, Oct 16, 2016
  10. AndreTen Win User
    Here are tutorials.. windows-10-iso-download. I would recommend inplace upgrade. Download ISO and instead of DISM, just mount it and run setup. It will bring you to Windows anniversary.

AndreTen, Oct 16, 2016
  11. EdTittel Win User
    Hey, AndreTen!
    Love the mount of the ISO to provide the location for DISM. I've often struggled with getting the syntax for the /source attribute right when simply pointing to the ISO itself. This makes it more compact and easier to follow. Thanks!
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Oct 16, 2016
  12. AndreTen Win User
    It was often advised here by pros, Ed *Smile

AndreTen, Oct 16, 2016
  13. EdTittel Win User

First time I paid enough attention to notice, so I'm still thanking you anyway! *Wink
    Cheers!
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Oct 16, 2016
  14. trinaz Win User
    OK guys...mounting the iso worked perfectly....thank-you so much !!

Now I have these files in file manager (jpg)...is it safe to delete all these files/folders...some are from current operations and some are from the original upgrade to windows 10 last year ?

Thanks...TiminAz

trinaz, Oct 18, 2016
  15. EdTittel Win User
    You don't want to get rid of $SysReset, and you probably can't delete Windows.old manually and easily. You can use Disk Cleanup (aka Cleanmgr.exe), then click the "Clean up system files" button, then select all the items associated with Windows Updates or old Windows installs, and it will get rid of most of the rest of them. Or, you can wait 10 days after the AU upgrade, and Windows will delete (most of) them for you. I don't know about System.sav, but you can get rid of Windows10Upgrade if it survives the previous treatment.
    HTH,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Oct 18, 2016
Thema:

1. Win 10 Pro 64 no longer updates - apparently a number of weeks now? - Similar Threads - Pro longer updates

2. BSOD for several weeks now on win 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD for several weeks now on win 10: hello please help me with my problem i tried reading the problem to the windbg but my knowledge for the application is low please help me here is the DMP file https://drive.google.com/file/d/1qFWWWiut0LoeQfcE8kiGCWmHfRgUN5dl/view?usp=sharingSPECS i7 4790sHIS rx 57012gb...
  3. BSOD for several weeks now on win 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD for several weeks now on win 10: hello please help me with my problem i tried reading the problem to the windbg but my knowledge for the application is low please help me here is the DMP file https://drive.google.com/file/d/1qFWWWiut0LoeQfcE8kiGCWmHfRgUN5dl/view?usp=sharingSPECS i7 4790sHIS rx 57012gb...
  4. BSOD for several weeks now on win 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Help replacing Win.7Pro 64, to Win.10 Pro 64?

Help replacing Win.7Pro 64, to Win.10 Pro 64?: Howdy all! I am unfortunately in a situation where I think I will need to replace hardware, [ie: B85 Chipset MoBo, and Intel core i7, CPU] before installing either a "clean," or an "upgrade" to WIN10? I perform upgrades every six or seven years, to keep up with technology....
  6. BSOD for several weeks now on win 10

BSOD for several weeks now on win 10: I am experiencing BSOD for several weeks now on win 10, run windbg on dmp files and received the output below, can anyone help and tell me what needs to be done? ******************************************************************************* *...
  7. Need to UPGRADE Win 7 Pro X 64 to Win 10 Pro X 64

Need to UPGRADE Win 7 Pro X 64 to Win 10 Pro X 64: Upgrading Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Pro: Running Win 7 Pro with Service Pak 1 on a HP PC Desktop Mo h8-1360t 1.00 and I want to upgrade (not a fresh install) upgrade Win 7 Pro 64 bit to Win 10 Pro. 64 Bit Spec: Processor is Intel (R) Quad Core I-7-3770CPU 3.4 GHZ, 10 GB Mem ,...
  8. Win 10 Pro 64-bit

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Win 10 Pro 64-bit: Since, in my 2 laborious (!) years of experience with Windows 10 Pro (64 bit) on the nicely-'appointed' desktop I built, it does not work as advertised, can I return it to MS and replace it Windows 7 Pro (64-bit which does work as advertised)? I thought I was being smart to...
  9. Latest Win 10 Pro 64-bit update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Latest Win 10 Pro 64-bit update: Is this the latest update version? It downloaded this a.m. I am not on the insider program [img] 43504
  10. Win 10 pro 64 bit updated, now wont boot...something wrong with mbr

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10 pro 64 bit updated, now wont boot...something wrong with mbr: So after updating to the anniversary edition I cannot load the OS. I have downloaded a couple of different versions of windows 10 and burned them to dvd and usb. Tried to repair and re-install even, but can't even do that! I cannot fix the problem. I have it installed on an...