Windows 10: WIn 10 pro advance sales

Discus and support WIn 10 pro advance sales in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I'm not really looking to install the "free' version of win 10 along with its CB updates method, but I would like to get my hands on the pro version... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by msalton1, Jul 24, 2015.

1. msalton1 Win User

WIn 10 pro advance sales

I'm not really looking to install the "free' version of win 10 along with its CB updates method, but I would like to get my hands on the pro version and am willing to pay for it. I took advantage of Win 7 advance sales and snagged 2 copies of pro and 2 of HP on the cheap. Are there any of those deals out there right now for win 10 pro?

:)

msalton1, Jul 24, 2015

2. DIFFERENCE BETWEEN WIN 10 PRO VERS 10240 & 10558

I assumed it was obviously loaded with updates/improvements....What I would love to know iswhere and
    how can I get this update, or is this a third party sales gimmick and not Officially Microsoft..?? TNXS

RobinMillsXB, Jul 24, 2015
  3. KKenkkzr Win User
    Win 10 home upgrade to pro

The information on that page was not helpful. As of 8/22 still no upgrade, no key, no refund. The lkast person I talked to referred me to a page to download an iso file for win 10 pro. I did and it proceeded to install win 10 home again. Really nice. I just
    called tech support which is 305 minutes behind on calls (5 hours). Win 10 looks good, but this aspect is rotten. Take the money, don't deliver, then give me four phones calls bouncing from sales to tech support to sales to tech support etc. It's that hard
    to deliver a key? Really?

Disgusted.

Ken

KKenkkzr, Jul 24, 2015
  4. WIn 10 pro advance sales

CB updates method - please elaborate.

Win10 will be the same whether you buy it or take advantage of the free upgrade, so I'm not sure what you will gain buy purchasing it.

Try Google or Bing for promotional Win10 sales ... there are also events at MS Stores on 29 July, 06 August and 20 July.

There's a 20% discount coupon available to Windows Insiders for Launch day.

I'm sure there will be some offers, but you might have to wait for them - after Q3 2015 (???) when MS as some data on Win10 updated devices. If it's weak, they might create a marketing program similar to what you described.

But.... how much of a discount do you expect when MS is offering a FREE update?

Slartybart, Jul 25, 2015
  5. msalton1 Win User
    Maybe I'm missing something? Has MS stated that the 'free' version of win 10 pro will be the exact same as the retail? Including the ability to delay updates? I guess I'm waiting for that 'other shoe'. I'm not sure I really trust it when a company touts its free wares without specifics.

CB updates=Current Branch...no ability to delay updates. They are installed by the OS with no user options.

FAQ: How Microsoft will update Windows 10 | Computerworld

msalton1, Jul 25, 2015
  6. The ability to delay updates has nothing to do with Retail or free upgrade. It has to do with how you receive them and what version Home or Pro your running. The way I read it, even if your running Pro, unless you have access to Windows Update for Business your getting the updates when Microsoft decides your getting them. If you have a Consumer version of 10 Pro that gets updates via Windows updates over the internet, you don't have a choice.

alphanumeric, Jul 25, 2015
  7. msalton1 Win User
    Thanks for the clarification. But has MS definitively stated that the 'free' versions will mirror the retail version?

msalton1, Jul 25, 2015
  8. Dude Win User

WIn 10 pro advance sales

They are the same. If you upgrade from Pro retail, you get Pro retail.

9. They haven't said otherwise, why would they be different? The only difference I can see that might happen is that your free upgrade may be non transferable to another device. Feature wise they will be identical.

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windo...nMore_win10faq

Have a look at "What edition of Windows will I get as part of the free upgrade?

10. Boozad Win User
    The free upgrade will carry over whatever licence you had before: OEM = OEM, Retail = Retail. All versions are the same build.

Boozad, Jul 25, 2015
  11. Thanks - my brain went blank on CB, guess I'll eventually get used to that acronym.

Alphanumeric provided good information.

You have Win8.1 Pro listed in your system specs, so yes you will be able to delay CB updrates

According to the article, only the business branches can further delay CB updrates, and any Pro license can use the CBB branch (caveats apply - see article). This Pro license using the CBB branch is news to me though.

Thanks for posting that article - it has a lot of information I had not read elsewhere. I'm not sure it is all correct, but I've heard rumblings about rings in the RTM version - rings in RTM doesn't make sense to me though. That's MS's fault - they've kept some things unclear as they figure them out ... that leads to speculation and parroting of bad information (I've been guilty of this too *Wink).

Anyway..... with a Pro license, you're in the best shape - there aren't a lot of choices right now. MS might change this policy after a while, or someone is bound to figure out a way to re-instate control over WU.

The main point to take away from this is:
    It is not whether you purchase Win10 or take advantage of the Free Upgrade that determines how WU applies updates - the process is the same either paid or free.

Slartybart, Jul 25, 2015
  12. Windows 10 FAQ Tips - Microsoft
    Scroll down to : What edition of Windows will I get as part of this free upgrade?

Slartybart, Jul 25, 2015
  13. WIn 10 pro advance sales

From what I've read, even if you have Pro, you need access to the " Windows Update for Business " to defer updates. The only way you'll get access to that is through a corporate network. And then only if your IT guy sets your PC up to use it. That's my interpretation of what I've seen. Others read it differently. We'll all know on or about the 29th.

14. Appearantly, the option to Defer Upgrades option in Settings > Update & Recovery establishes the CBB branch for you if you have Pro or an education edition (not sure about the edu edition though)

See: What Does "Defer Upgrades" in Windows 10 Mean?

This makes more sense than what some members have said that Windows 10 production will have rings like the Insider program. While technically it might be the same thing, using the terminology from the Insider Program to describe operations associated with production code obfuscates the difference between the two (Insider=development code, possibly very buggy ... Retail = production code thoroughly test, but still contains nuisance bugs)

Yes, we'll know on or about 29 July.

And then MS will change it all again in the Redstone releases next year
    *Shock

Slartybart, Jul 25, 2015
  15. msalton1 Win User
    I'm so far from an MS ranter, but honestly, with the lack of complete info thus far, I'm having trouble trusting them right now. Especially with the free version (herding them all to win10) and bonehead "features" like wifi-sense (wifi-(non)sense, IMO).

At any rate, I appreciate yours and all input into this thread. Nice to know that the free/retail versions are the same in their respective editions. I'll probably install to a few test machines I have around here, but will give it some time to 'shake out' before installing to any of my production machines.

Thanks again to all!

msalton1, Jul 25, 2015
Thema:

WIn 10 pro advance sales

1. WIn 10 pro advance sales - Similar Threads - pro advance sales

2. Windows 10 home and pro key for sale

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 home and pro key for sale: Selling windows 10 pro and home key for cheap, pm me if you are interested in purchasing it. Thank you. submitted by /u/allenrod1 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kosxor/windows_10_home_and_pro_key_for_sale/
  3. Advanced Uninstaller PRO

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Advanced Uninstaller PRO: Hi, Can someone help me please to translate it in Italian? I followed the instructions here but I don't to success it. Thanks 170557
  4. Win 10 and Win 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Customization
    Win 10 and Win 10 Pro: Will overwriting Win 10 with Win 10 Pro solve my Win 10 missing profile problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-10-and-win-10-pro/4bc0fa2a-3eb2-4b73-abad-3889c3fe684c
  5. win 7 pro win 10 pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    win 7 pro win 10 pro: how do I upgrade from win 7 to win 10? I have product key for 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-7-pro-win-10-pro/931e1125-6737-4bec-821b-26fd3cc64bac
  6. Advanced System Repair Pro V Advanced Systemcare Pro

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Advanced System Repair Pro V Advanced Systemcare Pro: I have been following discussion on here about Advanced System Repair Pro which confirms it is a scam. I have been receiving email reminders from Advanced System Repair Pro although have never used it so just delete their emails. But have subscribed to Iobit's Advanced...
  7. Win 10 Pro Dell T3600 Won't Boot to Desktop, Goes To Advanced Recovery

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10 Pro Dell T3600 Won't Boot to Desktop, Goes To Advanced Recovery: Computer was running fine. Thought I would run a scan on my SSD drive. So I made the mistake of right clicking on my SSD drive with the Win 10 Pro OS, selecting properties, and then Scan. It immediately went into a scan and repair loop always ending at Automatic Repair...
  8. .10 Sale

in Windows 10 Gaming
    .10 Sale: Not sure if this was posted anywhere, but MS is doing a .10 sale on certain games in the store...I guess it's supposed to change daily...but some of the games (normally $4.99 - $9.99) are only .10.....it's a great deal if you've been waiting for some games and if I recall,...
  9. Revo Uninstaller Pro Sale

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Revo Uninstaller Pro Sale: Revo Pro is $8.95 today if anyone is interested. Revo Uninstaller Pro - Uninstallation Software - 77% off for PC 85163
  10. Windows 10 Pro /SP1 On sale!

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Pro /SP1 On sale!: I just browsed through newegg.com to check on the price of Windows 10 Retail/OEM price. I was shocked and I saw Windows 10 Pro/SP1 is available! [img] http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16832589003 Is this a typo? 29440