Windows 10: Win 10 Pro and Win 10 EDU installation on same SSD

Discus and support Win 10 Pro and Win 10 EDU installation on same SSD in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I'm a member over at eight forums and have just registered here, hello! Windows 10 Pro was/is my default operating system - I've just installed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by rowlands111, Sep 28, 2015.

1. Win 10 Pro and Win 10 EDU installation on same SSD

I'm a member over at eight forums and have just registered here, hello!

Windows 10 Pro was/is my default operating system - I've just installed Windows 10 EDU on a different partition on the same SSD. (One install needs Java 6 update 6 where my work systems use them. The fresh install requires the most recent Java version for IDEs to function correctly.)

Purely a question for my own benefit, some could argue it's trivial: The partitions that I've filled with a yellow colour shown in the below image - do they serve both operating system installs, and (low level answer welcome) why?

Win 10 Pro and Win 10 EDU installation on same SSD [​IMG]

Many thanks!

:)

rowlands111, Sep 28, 2015

2. Windows Hello

It's an acer TravelMate B117. It had Windows 10 Pro Edu, but i installed Win Pro with license (Before changing edition it not worked, too.)

Fardin Arafat, Sep 28, 2015
  3. L.M.Shaw Win User
    Windows 10 Pro activation error

Approx two years ago I did a free upgrade on my laptop from an activated Win 8.1 Pro to Win 10 Pro. I then easily activated the Win 10 Pro.

Recently I needed to do a clean install and at the same time upgraded to a SSD.

After installing Win 10 Pro from a backup, I attempted to activate and received the following:

"We found a Win 10 Pro digital license for this device running Win 10 Pro.

To activate using this digital license you need to install Win 10 Pro."

"(null) Error 0xC004F034"

Really?????? Win 10 Pro IS installed!! And the install runs fine.

The only thing that is changed is the HD to SSD.

The digital license is supposedly tied to this laptop!

I can't find any phone support. What now????

Larry

L.M.Shaw, Sep 28, 2015
Thema:

Win 10 Pro and Win 10 EDU installation on same SSD

1. Win 10 Pro and Win 10 EDU installation on same SSD - Similar Threads - Pro EDU installation

2. downgrade win 10 edu to win 10 pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    downgrade win 10 edu to win 10 pro: i need to downgrade windows 10 pro education to windows 10 pro and i used the media creation tool to do an ISO file for the reinstall and im stuck at a certain point where its asking me to keep personal files and apps, keep personal files or keep nothing. what should I pick?...
  3. downgrade win 10 edu to win 10 pro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    downgrade win 10 edu to win 10 pro: i need to downgrade windows 10 pro education to windows 10 pro and i used the media creation tool to do an ISO file for the reinstall and im stuck at a certain point where its asking me to keep personal files and apps, keep personal files or keep nothing. what should I pick?...
  4. downgrade win 10 edu to win 10 pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Downgrade WIN 10 EDU to Pro

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Downgrade WIN 10 EDU to Pro: Hello,because of change of Microsoft internal policy, our organisation no longer applies for WIN 10 EDU licence so we need to change to PRO licences on end devices.We use KMS server to activate our machines.When I tried Using Changepk.exe /ProductKey...
  6. Downgrade WIN 10 EDU to Pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Downgrade WIN 10 EDU to Pro: Hello,because of change of Microsoft internal policy, our organisation no longer applies for WIN 10 EDU licence so we need to change to PRO licences on end devices.We use KMS server to activate our machines.When I tried Using Changepk.exe /ProductKey...
  7. Downgrade WIN 10 EDU to Pro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Failed install of Win 10 Edu 20H2

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Failed install of Win 10 Edu 20H2: I am attempting to perform a clean install of Windows 10 Education version on a new computer. The computer is a custom build and components are listed below. This computer is brand new and has no nor has ever had an operating system installed: MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus...
  9. Win 10 and Win 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Customization
    Win 10 and Win 10 Pro: Will overwriting Win 10 with Win 10 Pro solve my Win 10 missing profile problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-10-and-win-10-pro/4bc0fa2a-3eb2-4b73-abad-3889c3fe684c
  10. Win 10 to SSD No free install

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10 to SSD No free install: Hello, I am running an unauthorized version of Win 7 64 in my PC. I have two sata hard drives using Casper to clone. I am buying a Samsung 2.5-Inch 500 GB 850 EVO Solid State Drive. I want to buy Windows Ten and install it, and most of my Apps on the SSD, keeping everything...