Windows 10: Win 10 Pro Desktop Icons

Discus and support Win 10 Pro Desktop Icons in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; How can Microsoft be informed that its Customers are not pleased to have Windows Updates upset Desktop Icons, when Updating. I had a major Update... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Nasho23, May 26, 2017.

1. Nasho23 Win User

Win 10 Pro Desktop Icons

How can Microsoft be informed that its Customers are not pleased to have Windows Updates upset Desktop Icons, when Updating.
    I had a major Update yesterday ( 1703 OS Build 15063.296) and today I find all of my Desktop Icons (100) mixed up everywhere, which is not only annoying, but takes time to reorganize.

Regards.

:)

Nasho23, May 26, 2017

2. Can't move shortcut icons on my desktop to different locations on the desktop

I upgraded from Win 7 X 64 home to Win 10 home then upgraded to Win 10 Pro with no problems.

One thing I found that I am unable to do that I was able to do on all previous versions of Windows is reposition/move desktop icons. I can't in Win 10. The option to align the icons to a grid or auto arrange is not checked. My question is, How can I move
    the desktop icons in Windows 10??

jtpcamp---01, May 26, 2017
  3. USB External Drive shortcut icons showing on Desktop screen

Old title: USB External Drive icons on Desktop

Just upgraded Win7 Pro to Win 10 Pro and find that I now have a dozen shortcut icons for External USB Drives on my Desktop that were not there before and I can't delete them. How do I get rid of this clutter?

CharlesStagg, May 26, 2017
  4. Nasho23 Win User

Win 10 Pro Desktop Icons

Sorry Pardon my ignorance - what is Feedback Hub.

Nasho23, May 26, 2017
  5. The Windows Feedback hub allows you to submit bugs and suggestions to Microsoft.

You'll find it in the Start Menu.

thebritton, May 26, 2017
  6. Stephanie Win User
    Hi Nasho23 *Smile

Go>

Settings/Personalization/Give Us Feedback

Stephanie, May 26, 2017
  7. Nasho23 Win User
    Thank you everyone for assisting me in finding this little secret - normally far to busy to look for such things.

Nasho23, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Win 10 Pro Desktop Icons

1. Win 10 Pro Desktop Icons - Similar Threads - Pro Desktop Icons

2. Desktop icons move on Win 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop icons move on Win 10: I have several desktop icons about 4 that keep moving on my desktop. Auto arrange icons is unchecked and aligned to grid is checked. What else could be the issue? Thank you...
  3. Desktop icons move on Win 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop icons move on Win 10: I have several desktop icons about 4 that keep moving on my desktop. Auto arrange icons is unchecked and aligned to grid is checked. What else could be the issue? Thank you...
  4. Desktop icons move on Win 10

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. A problem with win 10 Pro desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    A problem with win 10 Pro desktop: This is on a Gateway laptop model NV570P-18U, OS Win 10 Pro 64 bit. I am on my Sony backup laptop because I clicked on something in the in the notifications box on the right side of task bar to the right of the clock that has screwed up the Gateways desktop so bad that I...
  6. (Win 10 Pro) Desktop icons moving randomly upon restart

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    (Win 10 Pro) Desktop icons moving randomly upon restart: Every once in a while after being on sleep or restarted, my PC boots up and my desktop icons have moved in a seemingly random pattern from where I last left them. It's super annoying because I have to re-arrange them every time. does anybody know what might be causing this or...
  7. DESKTOP ICONS HAVE NO NAMES IN WIN 10

DESKTOP ICONS HAVE NO NAMES IN WIN 10: I have had this occur twice in the last few days. After log-in, my desktop comes up with its normal appearance. Usual background photo, taskbar in usual configuration, and desktop icons in normal places. However, no names appear below each icon. If I right click one of them...
  8. Desktop icons in win 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop icons in win 10: Hello community. Wondering why half of my desktop icons have the new " Edge " green & blue swirl in place of the programs icon? Also how can I change them? Thanks for any help, Dave 150973
  9. Desktop iCONS GO BLANK IN WIN 10.

Desktop iCONS GO BLANK IN WIN 10.: How can I fix my problem of all my desktop Icons going blank. I tried finding some kind of reset command but it doesn't help. I have to shutdown the pc the get them back but they eventually go blank again....
  10. How to stop Win 10 Pro from auto-arranging desktop icons

in Windows 10 Support
    How to stop Win 10 Pro from auto-arranging desktop icons: All of a sudden my Win 10 Pro is auto-arranging my desktop icons. I had my icons grouped so I could find what I needed quickly (desktop option VIEW/Auto Arrange Icons and Align Icons to Grid turned off). After this happened the first time, I re-arranged those icons only to...