Windows 10: Win 10 Pro desktop slideshow problems

Discus and support Win 10 Pro desktop slideshow problems in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello everyone! I am having problems with the desktop wallpaper function. I want the slideshow to cycle through the many sub folders of the picture... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by tlrsr, Jul 20, 2017.

1. tlrsr Win User

Win 10 Pro desktop slideshow problems

Hello everyone!
    I am having problems with the desktop wallpaper function. I want the slideshow to cycle through the many sub folders of the picture library at random. However, the old Win 7 feature to select all sub folders is missing. I researched this on the 'net and found that the problem is very common and quite old.
    I tried most of the solutions with no effect. So I wanted to start a new thread to see if there's a new solution for this old problem.
    If you choose to reply with an answer, please be advised I am not a computer wizard, rather a user with limited ability.
    Thank you!

Tom R.

:)

tlrsr, Jul 20, 2017
  2. Time Lady Win User

Windows 10 picking up data from my old laptop hard drive

There is a setting in Windows 10 which syncs settings etc between Win 10 computers, this is the most likely answer to why you're seeing the old desktop slideshow settings on the new pc.

Time Lady, Jul 20, 2017
  3. Windows 10: Dual Monitor Lock Screen Slide show not working

Yep just discovered this finally upgraded from win 8.1 to 10 after staying away from 10 for a year to have them solve the bugs, what the ****... can't be that difficult to make it output on 2 screens?

Also there's another bug with the slideshow, if you do slideshow on a screen with 4k resolution there's a pixel error on the right side of the screen, the background picture from the desktop is showing on only 1 row of pixels in the corner, easily visible
    if you have a bright background on your desktop and there's a dark image displaying on the slideshow.

Please fix the slideshow for dual monitor though, literally assign this to one of your coders and they'll have it fixed with 2 lines of code

RichVindell, Jul 20, 2017
Thema:

Win 10 Pro desktop slideshow problems

1. Win 10 Pro desktop slideshow problems - Similar Threads - Pro desktop slideshow

2. A problem with win 10 Pro desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    A problem with win 10 Pro desktop: This is on a Gateway laptop model NV570P-18U, OS Win 10 Pro 64 bit. I am on my Sony backup laptop because I clicked on something in the in the notifications box on the right side of task bar to the right of the clock that has screwed up the Gateways desktop so bad that I...
  3. Mouse and Desktop problem in Win 10.

in Windows 10 Support
    Mouse and Desktop problem in Win 10.: My mouse keeps spinning when i right click on desktop. I recently had to reset the PC to restore Windows and I kept all personal files. The version was 2004 and build 19041.508 When the PC finished setting up I right click the desktop to change the large icons to small ones....
  4. Windows 10 Slideshow Problems

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Slideshow Problems: I recently made some changes to my slideshow; created a new folder and deleted the old ones camera roll, etc. Now the slideshow doesn't work. When it starts up the screen goes blank with this error message; "c\Users\Mary\Pictures\Saved Pictures\CameraRoll\Win10Slideshow"...
  5. Windows 10 Slideshow Problem

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Slideshow Problem: I want to make a slideshow from a folder containing pictures. I know how it works, but the slideshow won't play or recognize pictures with shortcuts. So the pictures are not actually in the folder but there are shortcuts to them. How can I make the slideshow play them? I...
  6. Slideshow problem

Slideshow problem: My slideshow is no longer working. It is set for slideshow, change every one minute and shuffle, but the pictures do not change. It worked in the past, but no longer does....
  7. "Lock Screen Slideshow" For The Desktop Slideshow

"Lock Screen Slideshow" For The Desktop Slideshow: Hello, You are familiar with how the Lock Screen Slideshow plays, where it sometimes puts one image on the whole screen and slides to the left or right / fades the picture away, and loads multiple pictures sometimes, varying by size, and other fancy variations, etc. Has...
  8. Slideshow Problems

Slideshow Problems: 1) When I open a picture folder and use the slideshow, it doesn't go through all the pics in the folder and I can't for the life of me cypher a way to correct it. It will show maybe 20 or 30 pics in a loop and that's it - it won't show all the rest of the pics. Very annoying....
  9. Permission problems after migrating desktop in Win 10 Pro x64

in Windows 10 Support
    Permission problems after migrating desktop in Win 10 Pro x64: Hi there, So I thought it would be smart to keep my M.2 ssd system drive fairly clear and so migrated the location of desktop, documents, downloads etc to my D: drive. However a weird thing happens. All Microsoft progs, Office and windows native apps like notepad etc...
  10. Win 10 Pro Desktop Icons

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10 Pro Desktop Icons: How can Microsoft be informed that its Customers are not pleased to have Windows Updates upset Desktop Icons, when Updating. I had a major Update yesterday ( 1703 OS Build 15063.296) and today I find all of my Desktop Icons (100) mixed up everywhere, which is not only...