Windows 10: Win 10 Pro - Devices and Printers

Discus and support Win 10 Pro - Devices and Printers in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I Have PC running Win 10 Pro, i5 6300 Skylake CPU, 16GB RAM, SSD Main Drive. I have read a number of posts relating to my problem her, but none of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Nasho23, May 25, 2017.

1. Nasho23 Win User

Win 10 Pro - Devices and Printers

I Have PC running Win 10 Pro, i5 6300 Skylake CPU, 16GB RAM, SSD Main Drive.
    I have read a number of posts relating to my problem her, but none of them have fixed my issue.
    Since upgrading to WIN 10 from WIN 7, I don't think I have ever had to look at Devices & Printers.
    Just the other day, I installed my old HP 5280 Photosmart in place of my Epson XP630 witch is being serviced for Ink Smudging problems.
    The Install went well and the Printer works fine.
    I went into Devices and Printers to confirm which Printer was set to Default; the result was a Blank Screen. I tested this a number of times with the same result.
    I checked Device Manager and the C5200 Series Printer was listed.
    I have gone into Settings/Devices and it is listed there also.
    I Googled the problem and found numerous post about Bluetooth Issues and Device Management, all of which when tested, failed to fix the issue.
    On this Forum I found a Registry Fix, which when applied, made no difference.
    Troubleshooting Printers found nothing wrong.
    I would have thought that if Device Manager can see the Printer, surely Devices and Printers should also see it.

Surely this cannot be such a difficult issue to resolve - there must be a Setting or Value somewhere that is causing this.
    I have not found anything put out by Microsoft in relation to this fault.

Can someone with experience of this problem provide me with advice that will correct the problem.

Regards

:)

Nasho23, May 25, 2017

2. Printer sharing issues after upgrading from Win & to Win 10

The printers show as shared in Devices & Printers on Win 10 (where they are connected).

I can print to them from Win 7 Pro Laptop and all is ok.

I cannot select them as network printers in Win XP as my XP computer wants a username and password to enable me to connect to them.

It used to work fine before my computer was updated from Win 7 to Win 10.

David Horton BSc O.B.St.J.

DavidAHorton, May 25, 2017
  3. Control Panel>Devices & Printers>Hangs

MS Surface Pro Scan 3 Win 10....All of a sudden the printers on the machine disappeared. Went to Control Panel>Devices & Printers, where it hangs. Consequently, unable to look at this area and unable to re-load the 3 printers. Comments Please....

DeLonChristensen, May 25, 2017
  4. WOT
    WOT Win User

Go to Control Panel> Administrative Tools> select Print Management:

Win 10 Pro - Devices and Printers [​IMG]

Can you see your printer and driver there?

5. Nasho23 Win User
    Yes: All Nine Printers are shown, including the C5200 Series Printer which was just installed.

Nasho23, May 25, 2017
  6. WOT
    WOT Win User
    Open an elevated command prompt and run (type) "sfc /scannow" without quotes and see if that helps.

7. sygnus21 Win User
    Not exactly sure or why this works but here’s a wild try… Windows 10

In search, type "Services" (without quotes) and click the Services desktop app. In the right pane, look for "Bluetooth Support Service" and make sure it’s running. If not, double click it and it’ll bring up a properties page….

And where you see Service Status, click Start. This may resolve your issue.

This YouTube video depicts your issue with a similar fix (Windows 7).

Let us know if this works?

sygnus21, May 25, 2017
  8. Nasho23 Win User

SFC - No violations found.

Nasho23, May 25, 2017
  9. WOT
    WOT Win User
    Just reread your post and now I have to assume this issue may have gone unnoticed for quite some time and it may not be directly related to or caused by your new printer installation. With that said, it would help to know your Win 10 version and build number (if SFC /scannow doesn't help). So, could you open the run box and enter "winver" without quotes and post a screenshot (like so):

10. Nasho23 Win User
    Services::: Bluetooth Settings have been done before and no improvement - I did it again and no improvement. Regards

Nasho23, May 25, 2017
  11. WOT
    WOT Win User
    Are you getting any associated log (by timestamp) in your Event Viewer?

If not, you can also try running this from an elevated command prompt:

Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

12. TV2
    TV2 Win User
  13. sygnus21 Win User

OK, thanks for letting us know. No further suggestions as this time. BTW I have both an Epson XP-960, as well as a 3880 and no issues. Point? I doubt it's an Epson driver issue.

@WOT,

Devices and Printers working just fine here under Windows 10 Pro x64. Version 1703, Build 15063.296...

No issue prior to the Creator update either.

sygnus21, May 25, 2017
  14. Nasho23 Win User
    /RestoreHealth Option Unknown Error 87

Nasho23, May 25, 2017
  15. Nasho23 Win User
    While I was out today, Windows Updated. My Version now is 1703 (OS Build 15063.296)
    I thought I had better have a look at Device and Drivers again, since this Update, and guess what: Problem is resolved and all Devices and Printer Incons are showing. Whilst I am pleased it is now back to Normal; I hate it when things get fixed like this and I do not know what the Cause and the Fix really was, and it is not helpful to others in the same boat.
    Thank you to all Contributors to my issue.

Nasho23, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Win 10 Pro - Devices and Printers - Similar Threads - Pro Devices Printers

2. Printer response is very slow with Win 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printer response is very slow with Win 10 Pro: Epson Stylus SX445W All-in-One Inkjet printer I have had this printer since 2013 when it was connected to a Windows 7 PC. The original Windows 7 compatible drivers were installed from a CD. Around 2017 I upgraded the OS to Windows 8.1 (64-bit) and I had to download...
  3. Win 10 Pro & Epson XP-640 Printer Installation

Win 10 Pro & Epson XP-640 Printer Installation: I have just Re-Installed my Epson XP-640 Printer USB, with Latest Software direct Install from Epson, due to the problem described below. When the Printer is Installed, its Icon does not appear in the Network Printers List - It appears as "Unspecified" Device. As a result...
  4. Win 10 Pro - Upgrade - Printer Error

Win 10 Pro - Upgrade - Printer Error: After upgrading to Win 10 Pro from Win 7 Pro, I have this issue - All devices and programs work except for a Epson LQ-590 dot matrix printer. The printer is not auto-detected but I can manually install the printer. However Printers/Scanners shows the printer name but...
  5. install upgrade win 10 pro on win 8.1 device

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    install upgrade win 10 pro on win 8.1 device: After a long I decide to upgrade my windows from 8.1 to 10 pro have purchase win 10 pro and start to install as upgrade not fresh because I don't want to lose any programs or files. but installation stop after checking my system and show two application should be delete...
  6. Printer issues after recent Win 10 Pro Update

Printer issues after recent Win 10 Pro Update: I'm using a Canon MF743Cdw multi-function printer. When I installed it back in Oct 2019, all went well. Installation media recognized the printer by name (on 3 separate computers), installed the drivers, selected itself as the primary printer, and printed a test page. The...
  7. Newly added printers no longer showing in Devices and Printers or Printers and Scanners(Win...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Newly added printers no longer showing in Devices and Printers or Printers and Scanners(Win...: Hello, I work at an MSP and we have several companies with the same issue; I was the first to notice it here about 3-4 weeks ago. For context I have observed this issue in 8, 10(Build 1803, 1809 and 1903). You can see the printers if you go to the classic printers view. As a...
  8. Apps in Win 10 Pro cannot find printer

Apps in Win 10 Pro cannot find printer: My printer, a Xerox phaser 6180, installed fine, prints a test page fine and also prints fine from the Edge browser. It is plugged into a usb port and shows up fine in the port listing. Device Manager says the printer is working properly. But none of the apps installed on...
  9. Printer default problems Win 10 Pro, Oct update

Printer default problems Win 10 Pro, Oct update: I have 2 systems running the latest and greatest version of Windows 10 Pro (64 bit). I have a problem on both systems that seems to be Windows related. I have a Canon ImageclassMF22DW laser printer that has worked flawlessly till now. Now I have an issue with the...
  10. Printer Issues Can not configure printer ports Win 10 Pro

Printer Issues Can not configure printer ports Win 10 Pro: Hello, New to forum.......I am having issues with wireless printing. Had to replace wireless router, now computer will not maintain connection to printer. I want to configure port to a static IP, but it will not allow access. I am set as administrator.... Any ideas? 77910