Windows 10: Win 10 Pro DVD player no work or show unless I uninstall/scan for h/w

Discus and support Win 10 Pro DVD player no work or show unless I uninstall/scan for h/w in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; HP Pavilion NE502AVA-ABA a6750t, /Pegatron Benicia a.01 mobo. /Win 10 Professional/ Win Media Center is installed and Win 10 DVD player is installed.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by El Banko, Nov 27, 2015.

1. El Banko Win User

Win 10 Pro DVD player no work or show unless I uninstall/scan for h/w

HP Pavilion NE502AVA-ABA a6750t, /Pegatron Benicia a.01 mobo. /Win 10 Professional/ Win Media Center is installed and Win 10 DVD player is installed.

Device Manager sees TSST CDDVDW TS-H6532DVD drive and says all is well. Driver is from MS dated in 2006 - no new driver available.

In File Explorer the CD/DVD player does not show up in left column with other empty drives but does show on right side. Drive spins up, lights up but will not start movie nor sees movie or data disc in drive UNLESS I (use device manager) uninstall and scan for hardware changes.

Then the movie, etc., will show up in left column AND the movie will play normal. Removing the disk does not reset the info. in File Manager (still show drive and movie title) and it will not recognize another or same disk again unless I uninstall/scan for H/W change again.

DVD player worked perfectly in Win 7 Pro prior to Win 10 upgrade!

I have not physically removed the drive, booted, then reconnected drive and boot again which is my next step.

I am certain this is a Win 10 issue and not a hardware issue.

Any assistance is appreciated and thanks in advance. Need more information? Just ask.

Attachment 50956

:)

El Banko, Nov 27, 2015

2. home video to DVD to play on DVD player to TV

free video to DVD, anyone try it? Have any success? So far my personal, edited videos made with movie maker only play on my computer. Not on my DVD to television player. I may go back to Win 7 just for the DVD burning. Unless once you uninstall win
    7 you can never install it w/the same features it had before.

Greedy greedy

elaine22too, Nov 27, 2015
  3. JTDemag12 Win User
    DVD drive not recognized by windows 10

After upgrading to Win 10 Pro from Win 7 Pro, noticed my DVD/CD player/writer did not work and was not found on the computer!

I followed the above steps and it worked! My DVD player now shows in the This PC folder along with my HDD's. Before it was missing. Stuffed in a music CD and it played great, where as before it would do nothing.

Not sure why this line helps, but it did.

Shame on microsoft for this issue in the first place.

just wished the upgrade check has told me this was an issue prior t the upgrade!

JTDemag12, Nov 27, 2015
Thema:

Win 10 Pro DVD player no work or show unless I uninstall/scan for h/w

1. Win 10 Pro DVD player no work or show unless I uninstall/scan for h/w - Similar Threads - Pro DVD player

2. DVD Player not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    DVD Player not working: Hello, The DVD player on an EliteBook 8440p that I use isn't working. I insert a DVD or other disc, and I hear it whirring and making noises but when I click on the drive, it always opens the DVD tray and asks me to insert a disc. I followed all the instructions on the...
  3. WIN 10 DVD player

WIN 10 DVD player: Will play audio CDs and computer software, but not videos. Will not work with Windows Any Player-did before but stopped working. Cleaning optical drive didn't help. error message unable to open MRL "dvd///D:/"...
  4. DVD Player not working

DVD Player not working: DVD Player recognized but won't play any DVD https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dvd-player-not-working/525fcffd-01bb-42c4-8063-47d5b0e1f7d6
  5. DVD player not working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    DVD player not working: After latest update May 2020 DVD player not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dvd-player-not-working/4087f94a-d1de-4b19-a6cc-23a7ae51bc5a
  6. DVD player not working

DVD player not working: DVD player not working. Getting Code 19. Please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dvd-player-not-working/05799b4b-faf0-4921-96e0-ffc6f18f04b4
  7. dvd player not working

dvd player not working: My dvd player will not play either CD's or DVD's nor can I see it in Settings How do I correct this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dvd-player-not-working/f0c37058-d372-4b75-a327-f0b75f3a0bae
  8. DVD player not working

DVD player not working: On a Latitude E6410 running Windows 10 The TEAC DVD-ROM DV18SA will not load/run any DVD's https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dvd-player-not-working/2461b978-8a06-4fa3-b9c1-4a92fe3835e9
  9. win 10 dvd media player

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    win 10 dvd media player: to whom it may concern. I having problems with playing DVD. nothing happens. I brought a window DVD player when I insert the DVD, it tells me the following ,TRY AGAIN OR RESTART. NOT SURE WHAT HAPPENED HERE. OX8004027D I TRID A NUMBER OF TIMES NOTHING HAPPENS . SO I...
  10. DVD Player not working

DVD Player not working: Just like everyone else when I updated to Windows 10 I experienced my DVD player not working. - When I try to eject by right clicking nothing happens then i get "an error occurred with dvd/cd rom" message -Shows up on my Device Manager, under DVD/CD-Rom Drives, not hidden...