Windows 10: Win 10 pro MBR TO GPT

Discus and support Win 10 pro MBR TO GPT in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I,m sorry if this has been posted before . I managed to secure erase my Samsung evo 850 m.2 250GB SSD then reinstalled windows using the official... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by tamo, Jul 14, 2017.

1. tamo Win User

Win 10 pro MBR TO GPT

I,m sorry if this has been posted before .

I managed to secure erase my Samsung evo 850 m.2 250GB SSD then reinstalled windows using the official Microsoft tool . I don't know how but the disc is now MBR so wont allow me to use secure boot UEFI . I understand that the disc needs to be GPT to boot from UEFI settings . How do I convert the disc to GPT . I don't mind a reinstallation as I have a full back up of personal files .

Thanks

:)

2. Windows 10 crashing

Any way I'm. Reinstalling win 8.1 pro now.

Si how to convert Mbr to gpt.

in cmd

Akshay Chirmade, Jul 14, 2017
  3. slance310 Win User
    How to restore or convert an mbr system image to gpt format

Hi,

Are you talking about TWO instances of Win 10 running, or are you wanting to overwrite the Win 10 GPT partition with the MBR Image ?...

Loading the MBR image onto the GPT partition might work without any issues, but there may be some... The GPT installation probably uses a EFI partition and "Windows Boot Manager" to boot... the MBR installation does not...

If it does not, a Startup Repair may resolve the problem...

I have had mixed success switching between MBR and GPT installations of Win 10...

Depending on how you created the System Image, it may refuse to load onto a GPT drive... The Windows imaging method is pretty finicky about stuff like that...

slance310, Jul 14, 2017
  4. CountMike New Member

Win 10 pro MBR TO GPT

CountMike, Jul 14, 2017
  5. tamo Win User
    Had a look at your link and I,m sure the options would work for some . I decided to go back into my BIOS and found that I had the wrong settings . I had legacy enabled , UEFI and secure boot disabled so when the system found the USB boot disc it must have formatted the drive MBR . Changed back to UEFI and secure boot and made the first boot device USB . At set up I deleted the drive and re-created anew s imple volume and reformatted and the installation went ahead creating some system partitions and I had my GPT drive back .

Thanks for your help

6. CountMike New Member
    Good thing you could afford to do it like that. I had invested to much time with setting up windows and programs so hade to do it in place.

CountMike, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Win 10 pro MBR TO GPT

1. Win 10 pro MBR TO GPT - Similar Threads - pro MBR GPT

2. MBR To GPT

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MBR To GPT: Hello there!I have installed Windows 11 with a weird way I found on Youtube.Although my system supports all the specifications to run Windows 11 and I am stuck at the secure boot thing.I activated Secure Boot from my motherboard and now I have to run MBR2GPT.EXE and an error...
  3. MBR To GPT

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MBR To GPT: Hello there!I have installed Windows 11 with a weird way I found on Youtube.Although my system supports all the specifications to run Windows 11 and I am stuck at the secure boot thing.I activated Secure Boot from my motherboard and now I have to run MBR2GPT.EXE and an error...
  4. In mbr win 10 logo show but in gpt not show

in Windows 10 Gaming
    In mbr win 10 logo show but in gpt not show: In mbr win 10 logo show but in gpt not show please help how show windows startup logo in gpt win 10 , and msconfig already no gui Boot untick Gpt window 10 logo not show Window 10 MBR Boot logo show...
  5. In mbr win 10 logo show but in gpt not show

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    In mbr win 10 logo show but in gpt not show: In mbr win 10 logo show but in gpt not show please help how show windows startup logo in gpt win 10 , and msconfig already no gui Boot untick Gpt window 10 logo not show Window 10 MBR Boot logo show...
  6. MBR to gpt

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    MBR to gpt: Hello I hAd installed the window but I didn't know this will cause problems later on I installed the window in MBR but later on when I install linux in dual boot it cause problems So how I do convert mbr to gpt without loss of data and...
  7. MBR/GPT

MBR/GPT: How do I convert a MBR 7200 RPM HDD to GPT so I can install 64bit Win 10 Home? I have a 2014 HP All-in - One I had upgraded to an SSD - two years later it failed (about 3 weeks ago. I bought a new SSD - It was a 3D Nand(?) drive. It worked for 2 days. then started...
  8. MBR or GPT ????

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    MBR or GPT ????: hello, I had my 120GB SDD replaced by a 480GB one and made a clean install of win10 got an adapter to use the small SDD as an external backup disk I get a window demanding that I initialize the disk I do not have a clue what I should select...MBR or GPT ? *Huh I intend...
  9. GPT or MBR

GPT or MBR: Or MBR or GPT Asus laptop with 8.1 installed. One disk, 2 partitions. I've installed 10 a number of times, VM and dual boot on desktop. Went to install 10, dual boot. When I got to picking the partition, said "Cannot be installed, selected disk is of the MBR partition...
  10. MBR or GPT

MBR or GPT: Well I have to do my windows 10 over the right way, I thought I installed a clean install but apparently I didn't so I have instructions how to do it the right way. My question is back when I was having other issues with 10 it was mentioned about using GPT instead of the MBR....