Windows 10: Win 10 Pro Start Menu - Changes to LayoutModification.xml not applied

Discus and support Win 10 Pro Start Menu - Changes to LayoutModification.xml not applied in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have ~ 200 machines here on our domain, all running windows 10 Pro. We have configured a custom start menu using by exporting LayoutModification.xml... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by AchtungNate, Mar 20, 2017.

1. Win 10 Pro Start Menu - Changes to LayoutModification.xml not applied

I have ~ 200 machines here on our domain, all running windows 10 Pro. We have configured a custom start menu using by exporting LayoutModification.xml and applying this through Group Policy. It has always been slightly problematic in that some users see some tiles and others don't, there's no rhyme or reason to which work consistently. I've made a change to this file to add a new tile, applied this to the .xml file and saved to the location the GPO points to.

On updating group policy or even manually using Import-StartLayout through PowerShell it simply WILL NOT make this change to any machines.

Current build on our clients is 1607 and we're using Server 2012 R2 on our DCs and FP server.
    I've been through MULTIPLE threads on various forums and tried various means to get this applying, even going so far as to creating a new GPO that effects only TEST users. These test users get the start menu applying but NOT the new group and tile in question.

This is an essential shortcut for a new tool we're pushing out to the business ad I've been looking at this for hours, any advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

:)

AchtungNate, Mar 20, 2017
  2. Mark F79 Win User

Adding OneDrive tile to start menu for all users

Hello all,

We have a LayoutModification.xml which resides at C:\Users\Default\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Shell...

This has custom start menu pins and taskbar pins in it. We don't mandate a start menu to our users, so they can pin / unpin as they like, but we use this as a guide / template.

We don't use (nor do we want to use) GPOs as that forces the start menu behaviour.

OneDrive doesn't have a .lnk file associated with as it resides per user (rather than as an installed application in Program Files. It's location is C:\users\{username}\AppData\Local\Microsoft\OneDrive....

What do I need to put into my LayoutModification.xml to pin that OneDrive folder icon (listed in start) to the start menu?

Thanks in advance

Mark F79, Mar 20, 2017
  3. Changes applied Desktop background is not effective on Windows 10.

Try right-clicking an image file which you want to set as wallpaper, and click
    Set as desktop background.

Does that work?

Ramesh Srinivasan, Mar 20, 2017
Thema:

Win 10 Pro Start Menu - Changes to LayoutModification.xml not applied

1. Win 10 Pro Start Menu - Changes to LayoutModification.xml not applied - Similar Threads - Pro Start Menu

2. Sysprep - Custom Taskbar/Start-Menu XML Not Applying

in Windows 10 Support
    Sysprep - Custom Taskbar/Start-Menu XML Not Applying: Hey everyone! For the past couple days, I've been trying to create a (new) custom Windows 10 Image. Everything's been going great so far, with using Audit Mode, installing all the applications, creating the WinPE ISO and deploying the .WIM file. Everything applies without any...
  3. win 8.1 start menu in win 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    win 8.1 start menu in win 10: hello, i wants a win 8.1 start menu in win 10 but i don't find any way to do thad thad wark on my pc i can't eneable tabled mode does someone have any progam or anything to do thad 175902
  4. Reloaded win 10, no start menu

Reloaded win 10, no start menu: When I click on start menu I get at brief spinning circle but nothing happens. It will Rt click and offer the settings menu but can’t access any applications except by searching with File Explorer....
  5. Win 10 start menu

Win 10 start menu: I go to the start menu to shutdown, I click on the window icon the normal options appear, but before I can click on anything the start menu closes. trying this repeated gives the same issue. To shutdown I have to right click the start icon and go from there. How do I solve...
  6. Changes to Win 10 start menu

Changes to Win 10 start menu: Several months ago, I experienced a change in my start menu. I am not sure how it happened. I used to have the standard start menu when I depressed the Windows button on the keyboard. This included all my Apps down the left side of the page. Suddenly, those Apps...
  7. Start Menu layout modification using LayoutModification xml-file changes to default after...

Start Menu layout modification using LayoutModification xml-file changes to default after...: We have a default LayoutModification xml-file applied on all our computers. Since 1809, one can change the startlayout, but all changes are overwritten after a reboot is performed. It worked fine before on 1803. Is there a solution for this? ***Original title: Default...
  8. Win 10 Pro Start Menu not Saving

Win 10 Pro Start Menu not Saving: I have read and tried about everything on the net pertaining to this issue, all current updates and Ver. 1809. It only affects one of the 2 pc's I have. Could someone give me the correct fix for this issue. All help is greatly appreciated, Thanks, Bob...
  9. Win 10 menu changes

Win 10 menu changes: Why do I no longer have a list of programs down the left side of the Win 10 screen when I left click the start menu? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-10-menu-changes/1d511841-47f4-4996-8ea4-bfe37eb81515
  10. Adding OneDrive tile to start menu .xml with GPO

Adding OneDrive tile to start menu .xml with GPO: Does anyone able to pin the OneDrive shortcut to the start menu layout? This is the path I have using GPO but it's not pinning the tile. Any help will be greatly appreciated. start:DesktopApplicationTile Size="2x2" Column="2" Row="2"...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. layoutmodification.xml not applying taskbarpinned

2. 1809 layoutmodification.xml not applying