Windows 10: Win 10 Quick Assist hangs after installing KB4340917

Discus and support Win 10 Quick Assist hangs after installing KB4340917 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I select Quick Assist, Give assistance and then I see dots circling... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Nehemias 8:8, Jul 31, 2018.

1. Win 10 Quick Assist hangs after installing KB4340917

I select Quick Assist, Give assistance and then I see dots circling

:)

Nehemias 8:8, Jul 31, 2018
  2. Julie Ram Win User

quick assist for win 10

Hi Cindy,

Microsoft Quick Assist is a Windows 10 app that enables two people to share a computer over a remote connection so that one person can help solve problems on the other person’s computer.

To open Quick Assist, follow these steps:

Select the Start button > Windows Accessories >
    Quick Assist, or select the search box on the taskbar and type
    Quick Assist
    , and then select Quick Assist in the list of results.

For more information regarding Quick Assist, you may check this
    link.

If you need further assistance, please don't hesitate to post back.

If you think this was useful, you may "mark it as answer" to help those who are facing the same problem.

Julie Ram, Jul 31, 2018
  3. How to re-install Microsoft Quick Assist on Windows 10?

Hi Emmanuel,

I suggest you to follow these steps to allow someone you trust to take control of your PC over a remote connection and check if this option is still available on your computer.

• Select Start > Windows Accessories >
      Quick Assist.
    • Select Get assistance, and then follow the instructions in Quick Assist.

Win 10 Quick Assist hangs after installing KB4340917 th?id=OSAS.jpg
    • If User Account Control appears, select Yes to continue.
    • Wait for the connection to complete.

Reference: Quick Assist: FAQ

Hope it helps. Get back to us for further assistance on accessing the Microsoft Quick Assist feature.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Jul 31, 2018
  4. Win 10 Quick Assist hangs after installing KB4340917

Quick Assist

Hi Henry,

It's possible that your computer's Internet Options is not set properly, that's why you're experiencing issues with Quick Assist. Kindly make sure that your computer is allowed to save encrypted pages by following these steps:

• Type internet options on the search bar.
    • Click on Internet Options.
    • Click on Advanced.
    • Scroll down, and make sure that Do not save encrypted pages to disk is unchecked.
    • Click OK.

Once done with the steps, try to use Quick Assist again, then check if the issue persists.

Don't hesitate to reach out to us if you need further assistance with your concern.

Joshua Her1, Jul 31, 2018
Thema:

Win 10 Quick Assist hangs after installing KB4340917

1. Win 10 Quick Assist hangs after installing KB4340917 - Similar Threads - Quick Assist hangs

2. Can't Install Quick Assist

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't Install Quick Assist: Have uninstalled it then restarted PC and installed it from Microsoft Store Am using Windows 11 version 22H2.Have checked Microsoft's website and have the latest updates installed and have Microsoft Edge Web 2 View installed.Also run sfc /scannow Found no issues and dism...
  3. Can't Install Quick Assist

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't Install Quick Assist: Have uninstalled it then restarted PC and installed it from Microsoft Store Am using Windows 11 version 22H2.Have checked Microsoft's website and have the latest updates installed and have Microsoft Edge Web 2 View installed.Also run sfc /scannow Found no issues and dism...
  4. Quick Assist hangs/won't load on Azure Active Directory AAD joined Win 10 machine

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Quick Assist hangs/won't load on Azure Active Directory AAD joined Win 10 machine: Hi, Really hoping someone will have insight on how to solve this. I need to do a screen sharing session with MS support for MS Teams in this case and MS has turfed all other remote assistance options outside of Quick Assist like Logmein. Problem being that when I try to...
  5. Quick Assist hangs/won't load on Azure Active Directory AAD joined Win 10 machine

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Quick Assist hangs/won't load on Azure Active Directory AAD joined Win 10 machine: Hi,Really hoping someone will have insight on how to solve this.I need to do a screen sharing session with MS support for MS Teams in this case and MS has turfed all other remote assistance options outside of Quick Assist like Logmein. Problem being that when I try to launch...
  6. Quick Assist hangs/won't load on Azure Active Directory AAD joined Win 10 machine

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Quick Assist hangs/won't load on Azure Active Directory AAD joined Win 10 machine: Hi, Really hoping someone will have insight on how to solve this. I need to do a screen sharing session with MS support for MS Teams in this case and MS has turfed all other remote assistance options outside of Quick Assist like Logmein. Problem being that when I try to...
  7. Quick Assist hangs/won't load on Azure Active Directory AAD joined Win 10 machine

in Windows 10 Customization
    Quick Assist hangs/won't load on Azure Active Directory AAD joined Win 10 machine: Hi,Really hoping someone will have insight on how to solve this.I need to do a screen sharing session with MS support for MS Teams in this case and MS has turfed all other remote assistance options outside of Quick Assist like Logmein. Problem being that when I try to launch...
  8. Quick Assist hangs/won't load on Azure Active Directory AAD joined Win 10 machine

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. KB4340917

KB4340917: The installation of 2018-07 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1803 for x64-based Systems (KB4340917) has failed to install 10 times. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/kb4340917/9f764b73-0d24-499e-85eb-eaaef6343679
  10. Windows (KB4340917) Update Won't Install

Windows (KB4340917) Update Won't Install: I have been unable to install this update through either Windows Update or by downloading the windows10.0-kb4340917-x64_ed5f586fa9d7064d61e45c523f20ba7fc1ff142a Microsoft Update Standalone Package (.msu) file with the Media Creator and using the Offline Updater. Windows...
Tags:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. quick assist hangs