Windows 10: Win 10 recognised all new hardware. Very impressed.

Discus and support Win 10 recognised all new hardware. Very impressed. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Having sold the guts of my old PC to help pay to create a new one, I must say I'm pretty impressed at how Windows 10 handles new hardware. I just... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by thefrecklepuny, Dec 9, 2015.

1. Win 10 recognised all new hardware. Very impressed.

Having sold the guts of my old PC to help pay to create a new one, I must say I'm pretty impressed at how Windows 10 handles new hardware.

I just went from a Core i5 2300 on a Gigabyte Z68 MB with 8GB 1333 DDR3 to a Core i5 6500 on an Asrock Z170 mATX MB and 8 GB 2133 DDR4. Retained the 'old' Adata 120 Gb SSD, a WD 1TB HDD, an OEM GT640 1 GB DDR5 graphic card and OCZ 600W PSU. All in a nice compact Jonsbo C3 case.

I was expecting to have to perform a full windows reinstall. However, all Windows needed were the current MB drivers and it was up and running. I did notice W10 was not activated. One nice touch I thus discovered was the ability to activate with the product key of the pervious version of Windows you upgraded from.

I remember performing a CPU and MB upgrade before with Windows XP not liking the changes one bit.

Anyone else have successes or problems with W10 not recognising major hardware changes

:)

thefrecklepuny, Dec 9, 2015
  2. Ninjavaz Win User

DELL AXIM X51V PDA WINDOWS 10 COMPATABILLITY

Hi Bobbi,

That is very interesting. When I plug the cradle and external power into my Windows 10 machine it will charge the Axim but sync centre cannot see anything at all. I certainly cannot upload new charts or program updates as although it appears to recognise
    that something new is connected by USB it cannot find the drivers so gives up. I have 2 Axim x51v and neither are recognised. I had to dig out my ancient Win Xp laptop and that recognised it immediately. Had no issues using Vista or Win 7 when I was using
    that.

Hoping somebody can can throw a light on it. Thank you for posting your response.

Ninjavaz, Dec 9, 2015
  3. Windows 10 doesn't recognise my phone as a usb device

I installed windows 10 yesterday and was very impressed. I have one problem, I connected my Samsung Galaxy 3 to a usb cable to transfer a picture to my laptop and Windows 10 doesn't recognise my phone as a usb device.

JohnKarrenberg, Dec 9, 2015
Thema:

Win 10 recognised all new hardware. Very impressed.

1. Win 10 recognised all new hardware. Very impressed. - Similar Threads - recognised hardware Very

2. Trying to reinstall windows 10, very new to all of this

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Trying to reinstall windows 10, very new to all of this: Can’t do anything on my PC without Bluescreening every minute, trying to reinstall windows 10 Specs: Ryzen 5 3600 Stock Cooler MSI GTX 1660 Super G.skill 16gb ram 3200mhz running at 2133mhz Asus B550M A Wifi Windows 10 on 512gb Inland SSD EVGA 650w Seagate 2TB HDD So my PC...
  3. New SSD not recognised by Win 10 although Initialised

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    New SSD not recognised by Win 10 although Initialised: The existing 250 GB SSD on my Trident 3 Arctic gaming pc is full. Have a new Crucial MX5002TB SSD to replace it. When connected to PC with usb/SATA connector it is supposed to detect and download Crucial cloning software. However it is not being recognized by windows and does...
  4. Very very slow win 10

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Very very slow win 10: My Desktop taking too much time to open. Even after opening a circle keeps spining and does not alow to open any thing. Clicking PC icon takes too much time to show all the partition and drives. Even right click context menu takes time. Adobe DC is installed but pdf files...
  5. Opinion: The 10240 version of Solitaire is not very impressive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Opinion: The 10240 version of Solitaire is not very impressive: In the earlier Windows 10 builds, there were things I didn't like about the new Solitaire, but I have to say the RTM version doesn't impress me much for being an inbox app for Windows 10. 1. Really don't like that it now has general ads. That's a huge turn-off. 2. It...
  6. Hardware not always recognised on start up since last Win 10 update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hardware not always recognised on start up since last Win 10 update: Hi everyone, Happy New Year. I have just joined this forum to ask for some help please in solving a very annoying issue I am having with my desktop PC. I have recently updated my Windows 10 Pro to the latest version and since then everytime I start up my PC it's a gamble...
  7. Finally installed Win 10, not impressed

in Windows 10 Support
    Finally installed Win 10, not impressed: I finally installed Win10 on one of my PC's. My first impression is its Windows 8, but in my case without metro. I like the Start8, which makes Win 8 work like Win 7 better than the start menu in Win 10. Jack 3072
  8. Impression of OS 10 to date?

in Windows 10 Support
    Impression of OS 10 to date?: I may be new to this Forum, however I get the impression from the number and variety of posts, that 10 has been rushed through and has too many flaws. This may have been that MS CEO demanded too short a timescale, Investor pressure, or the Code writers @ MS are just not...
  9. impressed! but questions

in Windows 10 Support
    impressed! but questions: just downloaded the free upgrade from win 8.1 to 10, from install of losing the desktop to getting it back in win 10 only took 22 mins! I like edge browser but how do I get extensions? I read somewhere that they where compatible with chrome extensions however when I go...
  10. Windows 10 Impressions

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Impressions: FYI: I write long posts. If you want short posts, hang out over in Twitter Land. I am also using a touchscreen laptop and own a smartphone. I don't have a need for a tablet, personally. All in all I'm pleased with the direction of Windows 10. We have more optimization for...