Windows 10: Win 10: Recovering a mirrored drive

Discus and support Win 10: Recovering a mirrored drive in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I had a Win 10 system working fine with twin 1 TB drives setup in an Windows controlled mirror, as drive F:. Then my boot drive failed. I had to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ephonk, Aug 12, 2018.

1. ephonk Win User

Win 10: Recovering a mirrored drive

I had a Win 10 system working fine with twin 1 TB drives setup in an Windows controlled mirror, as drive F:.

Then my boot drive failed. I had to replace it and reinstall Win 10 from scratch. I have been unable to reintroduce my mirrored drives to it.

In Disk Management they show up as disks 3 & 4, Dynamic, 3725.90 GB, Online. But in the partition part of the view it reads "Failed". They are not in any way accessible.
    What the heck happened here? I contacted Microsoft support and was told "mirroring is not within our scope of support since that concerns harddrive and hardware part of the pc". Is drive mirroring an unsupported feature? How do I recover the data?

:)

ephonk, Aug 12, 2018
  2. Macazine Win User

Recover files from Flash drive

According to me, the best flash drive recovery software which i have used and recovered files easily. It is very easy to use and within few steps you can recover data from flash drive. Recover Corrupt Flash Drive Mac | | Bill Hoyer Systems

Macazine, Aug 12, 2018
  3. MaRS50 Win User
    Creating Recover Drive for Win 10

After Windows 10 Free upgrade completes can I create a recovery on a USB flash drive . What size does the drive need to be? I have PC;s with Win7 Pro x64 and x32 and a tablet with 2gig of ram Win 8.1 32 bit which has only 32 gig drive in it.

10 gig of it is used as a recover and currently only 11 gig of free space on the drive. All helpful comments/suggestions

apprieciated. Thanks

Windows 10 recover file- Original Title

MaRS50, Aug 12, 2018
  4. Win 10: Recovering a mirrored drive

Recover Win 10 from a recovery drive.

Hello,

I want to recover Win 10 from a recovery drive.

I followed these steps:

1. booted the system from my recovery USB flash drive (which I of course created with the "include system image files" box checked)

2. chose my keyboard language

3. clicked on "troubleshoot"

4. selected "recover from a drive"

However at this point a message appears that says that an error occured.

I tried to use different USB slots, but the problem is still the same.

Pleas help me!

PatrickHopf, Aug 12, 2018
Thema:

Win 10: Recovering a mirrored drive

1. Win 10: Recovering a mirrored drive - Similar Threads - Recovering mirrored drive

2. Mirror Image Win 10 to other Drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Mirror Image Win 10 to other Drive: HelloI have 2 M.2 SSD in my laptopOne 512GB Two 1TB512GB is the C:\ bootI want to boot and run Windows of the 1TB because it’s nearly twice as fast read as the 512GBBest way to mirror image my 512GB to the 1TB please?Does Windows backup mirror image or does it just create a...
  3. Mirror Win 10 hard drive

Mirror Win 10 hard drive: Does windows 10 have a mirror hard drive program built in? I have a 1 terabyte USB drive available. I want the data to be portable. How do I do it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mirror-win-10-hard-drive/fd810406-f21b-4f74-b7eb-3b6bc0ba3839
  4. Win 10 recover files

Win 10 recover files: I had to do a complete refresh/restore on my computer, Win 10 OS. Though I saved all files in Documents. Apparently some folders did get saved. Is there a way or can I recover the lost/deleted files?...
  5. Mirror Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Mirror Hard Drive: I am trying to mirror my hard drive with an external hard drive. However the add mirror is greyed out. How can I get it ungreyed out. I have created a volume for the external hard drive that didn't work. I tried creating a pool that didn't work. Why is it greyed out....
  6. Recovering password in Win 10?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Recovering password in Win 10?: Thru a series of errors, my computer is in safe mode, internet access denied and normal steps to get to a command prompt have failed. Screen showing is password login screen, don't have the password. Two part question: 1 is there a way to get past the password screen and...
  7. Recovering Win 10 Activation Code from Failed Drive

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Recovering Win 10 Activation Code from Failed Drive: My Win 10 Pro system failed hard and I was unable to recover it. I bought a new Win 10 Home system I would like to upgrade my Home system using my (now unusable) Pro license. Is it possible to recover that Key? I have the old drive mounted and it is readable, just not...
  8. Mirroring Issues: Create Mirror of existing drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mirroring Issues: Create Mirror of existing drive: I have two important data drives that I had mirrors of in Windows 7. When I got a new system and moved the drives over to my Windows 10 computer, the mirror did not stay synced as expected. I don't remember exactly what happened (it was back in May) but I thought I fixed the...
  9. Mirroring Issues: Create Mirror of existing drive

in Windows 10 Support
    Mirroring Issues: Create Mirror of existing drive: I have two important data drives that I had mirrors of in Windows 7. When I got a new system and moved the drives over to my Windows 10 computer, the mirror did not stay synced as expected. I don't remember exactly what happened (it was back in May) but I thought I fixed the...
  10. Windows 10 mirrored drive C

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 mirrored drive C: I've got 3 HHDs in my Windows 10 PC: drive C mirrored and drive H. For months my PC has been asking after the BIOS screen whether I want to boot Windows 10 or Windows 7 Second Plex (it was a Windows 7 PC). I've always selected Windows 10. About a week ago I started to have...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to recover mirrored drives

2. how to recover an old mirrored drive

3. how to recover mirrored drive when drive is removed

4. how to recover mirrored drives on windows?,
  5. recover windows mirrored drive,
  6. recover mirrored drive,
  7. will removing a windows mirrored drive