Windows 10: Win 10 recovery disc - do I need one per win 10 computer?

Discus and support Win 10 recovery disc - do I need one per win 10 computer? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I wonder if I can share win 10 recover disc among a few win 10 home systems. Do I have to create one disc for each system? Thanks. 72474 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by asusx205ta, Dec 14, 2016.

1. Win 10 recovery disc - do I need one per win 10 computer?

I wonder if I can share win 10 recover disc among a few win 10 home systems. Do I have to create one disc for each system? Thanks.

:)

asusx205ta, Dec 14, 2016

2. Will I be able to upgrade to Win 10 again using Recovery disc?

Original title: Recovery disc

After installation of Win 10 and if I have to use recovery disc on my note book (Win 7), what will happen, should I be able to upgrade to Win 10 again?

BojanMiladinovic, Dec 14, 2016
  3. rjw37 Win User
    Win 10 recovery disc source

I did not create a recovery disc when I accepted he promotional free upgrade to Win 10. (save all your comments related to that Win 10 recovery disc - do I need one per win 10 computer? :)

Can I use any Win 10 recovery disc to restore my Win 10 promotional version?

rjw37, Dec 14, 2016
  4. batlhilz Win User

Win 10 recovery disc - do I need one per win 10 computer?

i guess you should be fine, atleast ive used same disc once with 2 of my desktop systems.

batlhilz, Dec 14, 2016
  5. Thanks. I tested this and I can say the same. You just have to manually select the right image to restore (I didn't actually restore, just did this as a test).

asusx205ta, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Win 10 recovery disc - do I need one per win 10 computer?

1. Win 10 recovery disc - do I need one per win 10 computer? - Similar Threads - recovery disc need

2. Win pro Recovery Disc Needed

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win pro Recovery Disc Needed: Had power surge/outage while updating my win 10 pro PC.....stuck in 'diagnosing ...' for last 24 hrs. Need to make recovery disk, but laptop isn't pro? Help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-pro-recovery-disc-needed/75c7baba-7511-45fa-ac26-e788574431f4
  3. Win pro Recovery Disc Needed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win pro Recovery Disc Needed: Had power surge/outage while updating my win 10 pro PC.....stuck in 'diagnosing ...' for last 24 hrs. Need to make recovery disk, but laptop isn't pro? Help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-pro-recovery-disc-needed/75c7baba-7511-45fa-ac26-e788574431f4
  4. Win pro Recovery Disc Needed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Disc Cleanup With Win 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Disc Cleanup With Win 10: Should I have more of these boxes checked? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disc-cleanup-with-win-10/4bb97bf2-ac0e-4d76-8140-5a39ad683d65
  6. Disc management Win 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Disc management Win 10: Extend volume Have main partition "C" primary, etc., then Recovery Partition, then New Volume. It says can only extend in adjacent formatted volumes. Both Primary "C" and new formatted volume show NTFS but Recovery Partition shows blank. Can I extend "C" primary to...
  7. Recovery USB---what else do I need? Win 10

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Recovery USB---what else do I need? Win 10: Running Windows 10. Almost had a disaster last night. Blue screen indicating something like, "your pc ran into a problem and needs to restart." NTFS filesystem. Then got this over and over along with "Preparing automatic Repair". "Start up Repair" (didn't work). I couldn't...
  8. Need help with a DVD movie disc that Win 10 rejects

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Need help with a DVD movie disc that Win 10 rejects: Hello, I need help with a little project I need to do. I have a DVD movie set (The 50th Anniversary Collection of Cecil B. DeMille's The Ten Commandments) that my laptop keeps rejecting the discs. What I mean is that when I insert one of the discs Windows 10 keeps popping...
  9. homegroup with one Win 7 and one Win 10 computer?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    homegroup with one Win 7 and one Win 10 computer?: I tried creating a homegroup on a Windows 7 computer. When I try to join it from my Windows 10 computer, it says it detects it, and asks for a password, but suddenly reports that it no longer exists and fails to join it. Any idea why this is, or how to debug it? 53590
  10. Win 10 Repair Disc will not repair

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Win 10 Repair Disc will not repair: Hi.... Thank you for the forum. Hope you do not mind my asking for help. Been trying and searching for answers for a couple of days... I have given up. We upgraded to Win 10 as the free update so have no disc..I think this will be the root of all future problems. My...