Windows 10: WIN 10 REGISTRY Compared to Win 7/8

Discus and support WIN 10 REGISTRY Compared to Win 7/8 in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi, I have lots of Registry tweaks ( reg files ) from the win7/8 forums collected over the years. When I set up win 8, I noticed many of the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by 01swodniw, Feb 19, 2016.

1. 01swodniw Win User

WIN 10 REGISTRY Compared to Win 7/8

Hi,

I have lots of Registry tweaks ( reg files ) from the win7/8 forums collected over the years.

When I set up win 8, I noticed many of the win 7 reg settings were similar and worked in win 8, but a few did not, mainly to do with ui iirc.

Now I want to use the same tweaks I have gathered, but will these work in win 10? So, will the win 7 ones that worked in win 8, also work in win 10, and the ones I edited to specically work with win 8, will these in turn also work with win 10, or is the win 10 registry and UI reg settings vastly different to win 8 and 7?

Thanks.

:)

01swodniw, Feb 19, 2016
  2. slance310 Win User

Windows 10 - programs list

Hi,

For $4.99 StarDock's Start 10 will make it just like you want it...

It duplicates the Win 7 Start perfectly... along with a few other perks.

It has a fully functioning 30 day free trial...

As compared to Win 8\8.1, Win 10 is "Useable" for my purposes... I have purchased Start 10, but don't use it much... I used Start 8 for several years though, and it certainly eases the growing pains of upgrading to Win 8\8.1...

slance310, Feb 19, 2016
  3. is Lumia 510 a slow phone

Yes sorry mine is a 520 win 8, but still win 8, It is rubbish like all windows 8 products, That's why there rushing out a new operating system, Win 8 is the modern day Win ME. Comparing it to the high end IPhone is very fair, because if you make a major
    mistake like Win 8 you deserve all the criticism, My Wife has a win 7 and it's twice the speed of mine.

richardbruske, Feb 19, 2016
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Hello 01swodniw, and welcome to Ten Forums. *Smile

I'm afraid that the only answer would be that most will and some may not still work in Windows 10.

If you list them all, we should be able to let you know more specifically.

Brink, Feb 19, 2016
  5. TairikuOkami, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. WIN 10 REGISTRY Compared to Win 7/8 - Similar Threads - REGISTRY Compared

2. Does changing a registry key inside of this path have an immediate effect?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Does changing a registry key inside of this path have an immediate effect?: Hello,I wish to find out if changing enteries in Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentSet001\Enum\USB\Has an immediate effect, has an effect only when usb is reseated, has an effect only when usb port is changed, or requires reboot for effect.Thank you!...
  3. Does changing a registry key inside of this path have an immediate effect?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Does changing a registry key inside of this path have an immediate effect?: Hello,I wish to find out if changing enteries in Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentSet001\Enum\USB\Has an immediate effect, has an effect only when usb is reseated, has an effect only when usb port is changed, or requires reboot for effect.Thank you!...
  4. Does changing a registry key inside of this path have an immediate effect?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Win 10/11 Long Path Enabled Does not Work in Registry

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 10/11 Long Path Enabled Does not Work in Registry: It's crazy that after all these years Windows still doesn't support long paths over 260 characters for Windows Explorer. They created a registry entry to Enable long paths but it's not supported by File Explorer. I have been using Robocopy and other utilities as a workaround...
  6. Win 10/11 Long Path Enabled Does not Work in Registry

Win 10/11 Long Path Enabled Does not Work in Registry: It's crazy that after all these years Windows still doesn't support long paths over 260 characters for Windows Explorer. They created a registry entry to Enable long paths but it's not supported by File Explorer. I have been using Robocopy and other utilities as a workaround...
  7. userkeyboardscalingfactor registry key is not working for Touch keyboard on Windows 10....

in Windows 10 Customization
    userkeyboardscalingfactor registry key is not working for Touch keyboard on Windows 10....: userkeyboardscalingfactor registry key is not working for Touch keyboard on Windows 10. I wanted to make the keyboard bigger, but applying any value to userkeyboardscalingfactor registry has no effect....
  8. userkeyboardscalingfactor registry key is not working for Touch keyboard on Windows 10....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    userkeyboardscalingfactor registry key is not working for Touch keyboard on Windows 10....: userkeyboardscalingfactor registry key is not working for Touch keyboard on Windows 10. I wanted to make the keyboard bigger, but applying any value to userkeyboardscalingfactor registry has no effect....
  9. userkeyboardscalingfactor registry key is not working for Touch keyboard on Windows 10....

10. 0xc000000e Stop code : REGISTRY ERROR

0xc000000e Stop code : REGISTRY ERROR: While using the PC with OS Windows 10 pro, after rebooting the PC, blue screen occurs during boot process, and the PC cannot be booted. - Blue Screen Error Code : 0xc000000e Stop cod : REGISTRY ERROR It happens at several PCs in the my office randomly without any sign.The...