Windows 10: Win 10 Registry

Discus and support Win 10 Registry in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; What do I need to do to get a new, unaltered, clean registry? I think I have to do a Win 10 clean reload. Do I have to start with a completely clean... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ThomasScholl, Jul 19, 2018.

1. Win 10 Registry

What do I need to do to get a new, unaltered, clean registry? I think I have to do a Win 10 clean reload. Do I have to start with a completely clean hard drive (reformatted)? What is the process?

:)

ThomasScholl, Jul 19, 2018

2. registry fix

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per the description, I understand that you are facing some issues using Windows 10.

I would like to know some information.

• What registry fix are you trying to run?

• What is the exact issue that you are facing?

• Have you taken a backup of all your data?
    I would suggest you to take a backup of all your data before doing any changes in the registry keys. If you do any incorrect changes to the registry you won’t be able to boot the computer.

Disclaimer: This section, method, or task contains steps that tells you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps
    carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following article number to view the article in
    the Microsoft Knowledge Base:

322756 (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/322756/ )

How to back up and restore the registry in Windows.

Please let us know the information in brief. We will be glad to assist you further.

Mayank Gupta10, Jul 19, 2018
  3. Registry editing

Hello,

This issue may have occurred after one of the following situations:

• You upgrade the Windows operating system.
    • You install or uninstall CD or DVD recording programs.
    • You uninstall Microsoft Digital Image.

Given that, we suggest performing the methods in this article:
    Your CD or DVD drive is not recognized by Windows or other programs
    The resolutions that are listed in that article may help solve some instances but not all instances of this problem.

Important:This section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow
    these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, refer to the following Microsoft Knowledge Base
    article.

Feel free to update us with the results.

Michelle Vil, Jul 19, 2018
  4. Steeboo Win User

Win 10 Registry

Win 10 updates fail

OK - Have disabled AVG and have turned off Windows firewall and have tried both suggestions above

Windows update troubleshooter found two issues that it was unable to fix

And resetting the update components made no difference !!

The issue still stands - the Win 7 installation will not update

And in order to upgrade to Win 10 - the Win 7 needs to be fully updated - is there some way round this - I need to be able to carry out a clean install - but using the original key code .....

There is NO error code provided

Any more suggestions ?

Steeboo, Jul 19, 2018
Thema:

Win 10 Registry

1. Win 10 Registry - Similar Threads - Registry

2. Microsoft publishes new Registry mitigation for Intel processors (Spectre)

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft publishes new Registry mitigation for Intel processors (Spectre): About six years ago, vulnerabilities were discovered that affected most Intel and AMD processors. The vulnerabilities, Spectre and Meltdown, can be exploited to read sensitive data from attacked computer systems. Intel released an update for one of the Spectre variants,...
  3. How to unlock a registry value that's been locked for "Everyone"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to unlock a registry value that's been locked for "Everyone": I used the method described by @DaveM121 to lock this registry value for "Everyone" on my personal Windows 11 Pro computer:[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Colors]Here's DaveM121's instructions for how to do...
  4. How to unlock a registry value that's been locked for "Everyone"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to unlock a registry value that's been locked for "Everyone": I used the method described by @DaveM121 to lock this registry value for "Everyone" on my personal Windows 11 Pro computer:[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Colors]Here's DaveM121's instructions for how to do...
  5. Is there a way to do registry editing dynamically?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a way to do registry editing dynamically?: Well, as a programmer, I need to have my pc fast and good to work in. But the worst thing that when I edit values in registry editor and always to apply changes it need to restart the pc. And that's bad for me as an HDD used so the pc will make me lose alot of time that I...
  6. Is there a way to do registry editing dynamically?

Is there a way to do registry editing dynamically?: Well, as a programmer, I need to have my pc fast and good to work in. But the worst thing that when I edit values in registry editor and always to apply changes it need to restart the pc. And that's bad for me as an HDD used so the pc will make me lose alot of time that I...
  7. Is there a way to do registry editing dynamically?

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Norton wants me to pay them to fix "357 Corrupted Registries". Is that legitimate? What...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Norton wants me to pay them to fix "357 Corrupted Registries". Is that legitimate? What...: I understand what a registry is, but I am not sure a that Norton is just trying to scare people nor that b it cannot be done manually/automatically. This feels like "disk cleanup" in the DOS days. Is it? Please advise!...
  9. Norton wants me to pay them to fix "357 Corrupted Registries". Is that legitimate? What...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Norton wants me to pay them to fix "357 Corrupted Registries". Is that legitimate? What...: I understand what a registry is, but I am not sure a that Norton is just trying to scare people nor that b it cannot be done manually/automatically. This feels like "disk cleanup" in the DOS days. Is it? Please advise!...
  10. Norton wants me to pay them to fix "357 Corrupted Registries". Is that legitimate? What...