Windows 10: Win 10 Rescue disk

Discus and support Win 10 Rescue disk in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have a new laptop with win 7 pro installed. Once Win 10 is installed in July how will I be able to create a system restore disk? 7496 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by carrotmuseum, Jun 28, 2015.

1. Win 10 Rescue disk

I have a new laptop with win 7 pro installed. Once Win 10 is installed in July how will I be able to create a system restore disk?

:)

carrotmuseum, Jun 28, 2015
  2. Srimali Win User

How to: Create a Recovery Drive for reinstalling Windows 10

What is mentioned by IanM is correct. The Recovery Disk requires at least 16 GB Space. To be on the Safer Side it is better to Reserve and keep one 32 GB Drive for Recovery Disk. I knew it from a previous experience when I had done a free upgrade from
    Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Pro. I also suggest do not go for a free upgrade as I had experienced problems of PIN and Password after free upgrade a few months later. I had to reinstall Win 7 Pro as I did not know the Password Recovery Disk option. The Same Password
    is working on a Laptop with purchased copy of Win 10 Pro while it not working on the upgraded Laptop with Win 10. I suggest either purchase Win 10 or be with Win 7. Or at least create a Password Recovery Disk along with the Rescue Disk.

Srimali, Jun 28, 2015
  3. Avidspark Win User
    How do I switch back to Windows 8 from this ever crashing Win10 nightmare ?

That's what I'm ending up doing...but i can't seem to get win 10 to copy over to it, so I can trash the old drive.

Made a 'rescue disk' with the media tool...but it won't actually work.

I'm thinking, once I transfer all of my personal data to the new WD Black, I'll just load the rescue disk, turn it off, unplug the old one completely, and plug the new one in that spot...then turn it on.

...would that work?

Avidspark, Jun 28, 2015
  4. Edwin New Member

Win 10 Rescue disk

Hi 'cm', welcome to W10F! *Smile

Probably through the Control Panel/Backup and Restore in conjunction with creating a System Image.
    (Windows 10 features may be subject to change without prior warning!) *Wink

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/3...dows-10-a.html

Win 10 Rescue disk [​IMG]

Edwin, Jun 28, 2015
  5. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Win 10 Rescue disk

1. Win 10 Rescue disk - Similar Threads - Rescue disk

2. Local Win10 pass won't work like it did and I can't perform rescue disk operations.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Local Win10 pass won't work like it did and I can't perform rescue disk operations.: Microsoft account password not working as local password when it did before. Can't even use any repair disk features because they all need my password that it keeps saying is wrong....
  3. Local Win10 pass won't work like it did and I can't perform rescue disk operations.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Local Win10 pass won't work like it did and I can't perform rescue disk operations.: Microsoft account password not working as local password when it did before. Can't even use any repair disk features because they all need my password that it keeps saying is wrong....
  4. Local Win10 pass won't work like it did and I can't perform rescue disk operations.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. My laptop disk shows grub rescue after formatting the disk, same disk when in my pc starts...

My laptop disk shows grub rescue after formatting the disk, same disk when in my pc starts...: Hi,My laptop had Linux on it but I wanted Windows on it so i took out the disk and put it in my pc, formatted it and put the windows installer. When I started it with my pc it worked fine and started the installer. When i put it back in my laptop the grub rescue showed up. I...
  6. My laptop disk shows grub rescue after formatting the disk, same disk when in my pc starts...

My laptop disk shows grub rescue after formatting the disk, same disk when in my pc starts...: Hi,My laptop had Linux on it but I wanted Windows on it so i took out the disk and put it in my pc, formatted it and put the windows installer. When I started it with my pc it worked fine and started the installer. When i put it back in my laptop the grub rescue showed up. I...
  7. My laptop disk shows grub rescue after formatting the disk, same disk when in my pc starts...

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. Forgot Password for Windows 10 - No Rescue Disk

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Forgot Password for Windows 10 - No Rescue Disk: How can I reset my password without having a rescue disk? I tried System Reset and Factory Reset, but without the password I can't do anything and my laptop is pretty much useless. I just got this laptop 2 weeks ago and I'd really like to start using it again. Any suggestions...
  9. How to format my C drive and reinstall W10 with my rescue disk

How to format my C drive and reinstall W10 with my rescue disk: I have several glitches that I have been unable to resolve for several months and am thinking it may be a W10 problem My laptop has 2 drives an SSD (OS) and a HDD data drive. Can someone please advise how to reformat the SSD and reinstall W10 (I have a rescue disk) Thanks for...
  10. Win10Rescue Windows 10 Based Rescue Disk 1.0

Win10Rescue Windows 10 Based Rescue Disk 1.0: is based on Bob.Omb's Modified Win10PEx64 Do you have any tips or comments, please let us know! Please buy Fab's AutoBackup from Fab's AutoBackup It supports both UEFI and Legacy BIOS, which you can use for both USB and DVD. Drag and drop the ISO onto the tool usbtool.exe to...