Windows 10: Win 10 reset

Discus and support Win 10 reset in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I did a reset and it was interrupted with a low battery. I have no OS and I cannot do a thing because I am not logged in as admin and there is no admin... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Alferd, Nov 29, 2016.

1. Alferd Win User

Win 10 reset

I did a reset and it was interrupted with a low battery. I have no OS and I cannot do a thing because I am not logged in as admin and there is no admin account. Now what?

Acer Aspire Switch 10E SW3-013 ..........no cd rom / factory installed with unknown windows KEY

:)

Alferd, Nov 29, 2016
  2. win 10 Win User

Settings Icon Appeared Then Disappeared on Desktop By Itself

Totally irrelevant! Do you even read the context of the post???

win 10, Nov 29, 2016
  3. win 10 Win User
    Settings Icon Appeared Then Disappeared on Desktop By Itself

Windows 10 Pro / A settings icon appeared on my desktop all by itself last night. When I clicked on it, it was a list like in previous versions of Windows. It even let me choose sized in upper right corner. This morning 8-16-2015 the settings icon on desktop
    is gone all by itself.

win 10, Nov 29, 2016
  4. SonicBlue Win User

Win 10 reset

SonicBlue, Nov 29, 2016
  5. Alferd Win User
    Alferd, Nov 29, 2016
  6. NavyLCDR New Member
    First mistake was using Rufus. To make a Windows 10 USB flash drive compatible with both UEFI and legacy BIOS it is recommend to use this procedure:
    Create a Bootable USB Flash Drive

At step 9, read the Important box and use FAT32 instead of NTFS:
    9. To format the partition, type format fs=fat32 quick, and then click ENTER.

At step 12, you will mount the Windows 10 ISO file downloaded from Microsoft and then just copy all the files and folders from the mounted ISO file to the USB flash drive.

That, by itself, might fix the problem on not being able to boot the computer from the USB flash drive. If it doesn't, first try turning off Secure Boot in the laptop's UEFI (bios).

NavyLCDR, Nov 29, 2016
  7. You can also use a tool by Microsoft to create a bootable USB with Windows 10 on it. Search Windows 10 media creator and only use Microsoft site. Add www to the front of this link and remove the space after the word microsoft.

microsoft .com/en-ca/software-download/windows10

This is an Microsoft approved and sanctioned way to get Windows. You need a 4GB USB Flash drive. (All data will be destroyed on flash drive) It does everything for you. It also lets you attempt repairs when you boot from it.

Your copy will be activated either through the key contain in your Uefi bios, placed there by your vendor or through the Microsoft Servers which fingerprinted your machine. You didn't mention what kind of reset you were doing. Are your data files safe?

Caledon Ken, Nov 29, 2016
  8. Alferd Win User

Win 10 reset

Thank you NavyLCDR and Caledon Ken, I am working on it.
    Last night I downloaded and installed MediaCreationTool From MS. It took several hours to make the usb. I stayed up late until it was finished then hit the rack. I was careful to make 32 bit windows for one language, mine came with one language with bing. This morning on my first attempt, it loaded at the forth power cycle. The options were install windows and repair. Repair did not work so I hit install on the next power cycle. I get:

Load Driver

A media driver your computer needs is missing. This could be a DVD, USB, or Hard disk driver. If you have a CD, DVD, or USB flash drive with the driver on it, please insert it now.

Note: If the installation media for Windows in the DVD drive or on a USB drive, you can safely remove it for this step.

I understand that can be an OS mismatch or "32 bit 64 bit mismatch"

I have not worked on NavyLCDR's usb build, that may be next

Again thanks go out to you guys.

Alferd, Nov 30, 2016
  9. NavyLCDR New Member
    You likely need just the regular, plain Windows 10 32-bit. Not the Single Language Edition. The tablet came with Windows 8.1 With Bing, which upgrades to plain Windows 10 Home - NOT Single Language Edition.

I highly recommend you download the just plain Windows 10 32-Bit ISO file from here:
    Windows 10 ISO

then manually create the bootable USB flash drive.

NavyLCDR, Nov 30, 2016
  10. Alferd Win User
    I'm not understanding that, the link leads me to the same MediaCreationTool(1)..........(1) denotes that I downloaded it twice. Do I need to run it again and look for win 8.1? My other question is If I make a bootable USB with diskpart (cmd line)and then use an ISO file would it not reformat the bootable USB?

I am asking this because MediaCreationTool takes hours to run and I would like to do it right the first time. Okay I see the option for creating an ISO file *Smile ........ I am making a 32/64 (Both).iso

Alferd, Nov 30, 2016
  11. SonicBlue Win User
    What he is saying is download the ISO to your pc then burn your flash drive separate. Go with the 64b.

SonicBlue, Nov 30, 2016
  12. Alferd Win User
    Thanks, I'll work on it.

Alferd, Nov 30, 2016
  13. NavyLCDR New Member

Win 10 reset

The link I posted does NOT take you to the Media Creation. The link I posted:
    Windows 10 ISO

takes you to the Microsoft website where you can select and download a Windows 10 ISO directly.

This link:
    Windows 10

is the Media Creation Tool.

NavyLCDR, Nov 30, 2016
  14. Alferd Win User
    Okay I am trying to do every thing you said. The win 10 download took man hours, (Win10_1607_English_x32) I have it mounted as well.
    I have used diskpart on a flash drive and set it to active.
    I can not copy file and folders over to my flash drive stick because the files and folders are 3.14 Gb.

Alferd, Nov 30, 2016
  15. SonicBlue Win User
    That is what Rufus is for, to copy those files to a flash drive.

SonicBlue, Nov 30, 2016
Thema:

Win 10 reset

1. Win 10 reset - Similar Threads - reset

2. Windows stops loading and becomes unresponsive not frozen unless pin is reset at startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows stops loading and becomes unresponsive not frozen unless pin is reset at startup: This seems like a pretty strange issue and took me a very long time to find any workaround for it, including a complete windows reinstall-in-place that did not affect the issue at all.When booting the PC up, I select my profile and enter my pin. Land on the desktop and the...
  3. How to reset your windows PIN on windows 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to reset your windows PIN on windows 10?: Hello,I have a pc that runs windows 10. I need to log in using my microsoft PIN, but I have forgotten it. Every tutorial I try to follow tells me to go to go to "start>settings>account>sign-in options>select PIN Windows Hello > I forgot my PIN and follow the instructions."The...
  4. Windows stops loading and becomes unresponsive not frozen unless pin is reset at startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows stops loading and becomes unresponsive not frozen unless pin is reset at startup: This seems like a pretty strange issue and took me a very long time to find any workaround for it, including a complete windows reinstall-in-place that did not affect the issue at all.When booting the PC up, I select my profile and enter my pin. Land on the desktop and the...
  5. How to reset your windows PIN on windows 10?

How to reset your windows PIN on windows 10?: Hello,I have a pc that runs windows 10. I need to log in using my microsoft PIN, but I have forgotten it. Every tutorial I try to follow tells me to go to go to "start>settings>account>sign-in options>select PIN Windows Hello > I forgot my PIN and follow the instructions."The...
  6. How to reset your windows PIN on windows 10?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. Windows 11 laptop displays error "DRIVER VERIFIER DMA VIOLATION" while trying to reset

Windows 11 laptop displays error "DRIVER VERIFIER DMA VIOLATION" while trying to reset: I am facing a lot of issues with the Asus TUFF F15 Win 11 laptop: Win 11 22H2 updates not installing, WiFi keeps resetting, the keyboard not working in the start menu and some system text fields. I tried multiple troubleshooting steps for each of them but no resolution.So,...
  8. Windows 11 laptop displays error "DRIVER VERIFIER DMA VIOLATION" while trying to reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 laptop displays error "DRIVER VERIFIER DMA VIOLATION" while trying to reset: I am facing a lot of issues with the Asus TUFF F15 Win 11 laptop: Win 11 22H2 updates not installing, WiFi keeps resetting, the keyboard not working in the start menu and some system text fields. I tried multiple troubleshooting steps for each of them but no resolution.So,...
  9. I uninstalled my wifi drivers and reset the PC but after that I am not able to login with...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I uninstalled my wifi drivers and reset the PC but after that I am not able to login with...: I uninstalled my wifi driver mistakenly and after that I reset it but now I am not able to login in my laptop without wifi so what I have to do to use my laptop?...
  10. I uninstalled my wifi drivers and reset the PC but after that I am not able to login with...

I uninstalled my wifi drivers and reset the PC but after that I am not able to login with...: I uninstalled my wifi driver mistakenly and after that I reset it but now I am not able to login in my laptop without wifi so what I have to do to use my laptop?...