Windows 10: Win 10 - Same login - different computers - different mouse settings

Discus and support Win 10 - Same login - different computers - different mouse settings in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Good afternoon, I have Windows 10 on two computer with the same login profile. On one computer, I have a left handed mouse on it with the buttons... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Techne, Jul 21, 2015.

1. Techne Win User

Win 10 - Same login - different computers - different mouse settings

Good afternoon,

I have Windows 10 on two computer with the same login profile. On one computer, I have a left handed mouse on it with the buttons switched. On my laptop, it has a normal touch pad. The issue is that my left button on my Desktop is switched so it is back to the left because it is a left handed mouse and my laptop now for a left click is the right button. I do not want to make two profiles. Is there a way to fix it so I don't have to change it every time I use each computer?

Thanks.

:)

Techne, Jul 21, 2015

2. mouse scrolling

Thank You for response. Not a mouse problem as 3 different mice & touchpad all do the same; some setting in Win 10 suddenly changed, all happened at sametime.

randygobell, Jul 21, 2015
  3. Martmcd Win User
    different backrounds on different desktops on the same computer

this was something asked for in early insider builds (over a year ago) you could upvote that request here feedback-hub:?contextid=216&feedbackid=ea92e239-8fdf-4fc4-897a-b2cf16ef88b6&form=1&src=2

or use the feedback app to post another request.

sorry don't know of any third party app that will do it.

[edit] for some reason it strips the link when I submit it, paste the following line into edge then click upvote

feedback-hub:?contextid=216&feedbackid=ea92e239-8fdf-4fc4-897a-b2cf16ef88b6&form=1&src=2

Martmcd, Jul 21, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Hello Techne, and welcome to Ten Forums.

Yes. You can switch the mouse button function in Control Panel -> Mouse Properties like below on each PC for what you wanted. *Smile

Mouse Button

Brink, Jul 21, 2015
  5. Techne Win User
    Thank you for answering my question. I know I can do that but the problem is that once I do this it changes my other PC being that both are on the same login name. So my left handed mouse now switches to a right handed mouse. I go back and forth changing it each time I use each PC. So this works, and I am currently doing this but it isn't a good solution to the problem.

Any other ideas? Thanks.

Techne, Jul 22, 2015
  6. Kyhi Win User
    Un-sych the system settings

Thema:

1. Win 10 - Same login - different computers - different mouse settings - Similar Threads - Same login different

2. Same program runs differently on different logins

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Same program runs differently on different logins: I have a Windows 7 Pro computer on a work network domain that has three logins set up as local admin.I have a laser engraver control program installed by login1.On login1, the program runs in the background with an icon in the dashboard "tray" with a menu that allows the...
  3. Same program runs differently on different logins

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Same program runs differently on different logins: I have a Windows 7 Pro computer on a work network domain that has three logins set up as local admin.I have a laser engraver control program installed by login1.On login1, the program runs in the background with an icon in the dashboard "tray" with a menu that allows the...
  4. Exact same .txt files looks different on different computers

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Exact same .txt files looks different on different computers: I have a barcode scanner that saves barcodes as .txt files , which we upload to a PC. One of my drivers .txt files however are not formatted correctly, for some reason the lines are double spaced on the files she emails in. I got the scanner from her and when I open the .txt...
  5. Windows 10 - Primary mouse settings change. Same account, Different devices

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 - Primary mouse settings change. Same account, Different devices: I use the same windows account on two separate devices, my laptop and desktop. It's easier for me to use my desktop mouse with the primary click being the right click. However my laptop can only really function with the primary click being the left click because of the touch...
  6. Same computers, different updates?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Same computers, different updates?: I have two identical laptops running Windows 10 Pro. Both have Windows update set to defer feature and quality updates for 30 days. Both were updated to version 1909 a few weeks ago. Yesterday, both had an update labelled "2019-12 Cumulative update for .NET framework 3.5 and...
  7. Win 10 install on two different drives with same Win key in same computer?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win 10 install on two different drives with same Win key in same computer?: I have a Win 10 computer (legal upgrade from Win 7) that gives me terrible problems booting up, re-starting, or shutting down. I would repair the install but I'd lose all/many of my other programs. So what I want to do is have a fresh Windows 10 bare install on a second...
  8. Win 10 Pro file history - different behavior on different computers

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win 10 Pro file history - different behavior on different computers: On my little home network there is one computer designated for backup ("B") and two computers ("R" and "A") with frequently changing data to backup. All computers run Win 10 Pro. I am particularly interested in having Office 365 Outlook pst files backed up. From R, the pst...
  9. setup Same account with different logins/profiles

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    setup Same account with different logins/profiles: I want to create different usernames or profiles for the same device without creating a new windows account for each. For example, I want one login for the device for my kid when it is used for school, but then another for when it is to be used for recreation/at home so all...
  10. Remote into different account on same computer

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Remote into different account on same computer: Is there any way to control (as in, remote login-esk way to use) second account on same computer? I have several different user accounts on my computer, one is for game servers (killing floor, minecraft, etc), I'd like to be able to control it in a window from my main...