Windows 10: Win 10 seems excessivly fragile

Discus and support Win 10 seems excessivly fragile in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; attempt to stop defender - crash attempt to stop defender sending stuff in - crash attempt to move start menu items around - crash attempt to change... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by crashalot, Aug 1, 2015.

1. crashalot Win User

Win 10 seems excessivly fragile

attempt to stop defender - crash
    attempt to stop defender sending stuff in - crash
    attempt to move start menu items around - crash
    attempt to change ownership of global start menu - crash

we are not talking about permission denied or any sort of diagnostic, these are just the things over the past afternoon that caused system halt and reboot

:)

crashalot, Aug 1, 2015

2. Upgrade to Win 10 seems to have given me fragile networking

Hi again

OK internet failed a bit earlier, I applied your suggestions:

1) Troubleshooter - this performed an adaptor reset, but that didn't fix things. I followed the advice to reboot the router, still no joy.

2) ipconfig /flushdns - seems to have done the trick - well the internet immediately came back, and all has been well for the last hour.

To assert this is a definite fix I will have to wait a few days and see if I get further problems.

In the meantime, thanks for the help.

Andrew

Confused99, Aug 1, 2015
  3. Pawan1709 Win User
    Upgrade to Win 10 seems to have given me fragile networking

Hi,

Thank you for posting you query on the Microsoft Community.

I appreciate you for providing details about the issue and your effort towards resolving it.

Try the following methods and check if it helps:

Method 1: Run the Internet Connections troubleshooter and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

1. Type troubleshooting in the search bar.

2. Select Troubleshooting.

3. Select View all on the top left corner.

4. Click on Internet Connections.

5. Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.

If the issue persists then follow the below method.

Method 2: Clear the DNS and manually configure the TCP/IP settings.

Step 1: Clear the DNS resolver cache.

1. Right click on start button and click on Command Prompt (Admin).

2. Type ipconfig /flushdns and then press Enter.

Step 2: Manually configure the TCP/IP settings.

1. Type "Network and Sharing Center" on the Start screen, click "Settings" and press enter.

2. Click "Change adapter settings" on the left hand side pane.

3. Right click the adapter and click "Properties".

4. Select the Internet Protocol version you use and would like to configure and click "Properties".

5. Manually enter the address, gateway and server information and click "OK".

Reference: Refer to the following Microsoft article on
    Windows 10 help & how-to.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/support

If this doesn’t help I would suggest you to check your broadband service.

Hope this information helps, get back to us with the above details if you need further assistance with Windows. We are here to assist you.

Pawan1709, Aug 1, 2015
  4. Win 10 seems excessivly fragile

MS should be ashamed of themselves for releasing this clearly UNfinished product on the unsuspecting world.

icemankent, Aug 7, 2015
  5. wase4711 Win User
    sounds like operator error, bad install, or hardware driver issues to me
    ZERO issues for me, since joining the insiders program 2 months ago, and running beta/pre release versions of it, before this final release came out.
    99% of people have no issues; if you do, you are in the MINORITY, not the majority

wase4711, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Win 10 seems excessivly fragile

1. Win 10 seems excessivly fragile - Similar Threads - seems excessivly fragile

2. Need help with seemingly corrupted audio. Win 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Need help with seemingly corrupted audio. Win 10: This semester I decided to bring my PC to college with me, prior to this it had been smooth sailing. Once I got to school and setup my PC upon first boot, my audio was busted. Through my headphones I hear mostly static with very faint audio in the background, on full volume I...
  3. Need help with seemingly corrupted audio. Win 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need help with seemingly corrupted audio. Win 10: This semester I decided to bring my PC to college with me, prior to this it had been smooth sailing. Once I got to school and setup my PC upon first boot, my audio was busted. Through my headphones I hear mostly static with very faint audio in the background, on full volume I...
  4. Need help with seemingly corrupted audio. Win 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Can't seem to make a USB Win 10 installer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't seem to make a USB Win 10 installer: So I and my stupid adventures nature decided to try linux. Now I can't seem to get Windows back on my laptop. I download the media creation tool like Microsoft says, but it wants to install on my other laptop instead! My second laptop is running Windows and its the one I'm...
  6. I can't seem to activate my Win 10.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I can't seem to activate my Win 10.: I upgraded from 7 and my windows was activated and now it's not. I'm not really sure how to fix this as the only product key I actually have is for my copy of windows 7 and I know that doesn't work on win 10....
  7. Box colors no longer seems to be working in Win 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Box colors no longer seems to be working in Win 10: Changing the rgb values here used to work:HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Colors HotTrackingColor Hilight Was this ability to change removed in an update or is there a different method? 113210
  8. WIN 10 X64 BSOD, seems completely random

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    WIN 10 X64 BSOD, seems completely random: Hi Guys So unfortunately I am in a bit of a pickle which has forced me to come here, I have used these forums for fault finding before but never had to sign-up or post. I am having random BSOD's (Page fault in non_paged area) and I can't figure out what is causing them....
  9. Size of Win 10 Installation seems to be growing

in Windows 10 Support
    Size of Win 10 Installation seems to be growing: The space used on C:\ for Win 10 seems to be growing for no apparent reason. I started out with about 35 GB used and am now up to 50 GB used. I have added no software, but done all updates. The Windows folder size is 20.5 GB, just about what it always has been. I have a...
  10. Win 10 upgrade seems to have crashed SSD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win 10 upgrade seems to have crashed SSD: Hello All, My Toshiba Tecra W50 was running fine on Windows 7. Regrettably, I overlooked disabling the popup which automatically scheduled and performed the upgrade to 10. While just exploring a bit to decide whether to keep 10 or use the Settings app to return to 7, I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 is fragile