Windows 10: Win 10: Session "Cloud Files Diagnostic Event Listener" failed to start with the following...

Discus and support Win 10: Session "Cloud Files Diagnostic Event Listener" failed to start with the following... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I used to get a slew of these errors, but I have gone through procedures listed in these pages to alleviate the situation, but one instance stubbornly... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by BenJarmoul, Aug 18, 2018.

1. Win 10: Session "Cloud Files Diagnostic Event Listener" failed to start with the following...

I used to get a slew of these errors, but I have gone through procedures listed in these pages to alleviate the situation, but one instance stubbornly remains.

I think the problem is rooted in my overlaying OneDrive installs. I am new to win 10. I installed Office 365 and OneDrive. I then had the above crit errors cascade.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled OneDrive according to procedures found on the net. My multiple layers of install might not have been removed by the procedures.

So, one something is still not right and I was wondering if having the Start Menu app installed on top of the default OS install and whatever Office 365 did created a duplication of effort that is creating this issue. Advice on how to clean this up is appreciated.

:)

BenJarmoul, Aug 18, 2018

2. When I open One Drive after Features Release I get thiis error Session "Cloud Files Diagnostic Event Listener" failed to start with the following error: 0xC0000022

Since the Features Release whenever I open One Drive I get this Event 2 error Session "Cloud Files Diagnostic Event Listener" failed to start with the following error: 0xC0000022. I have done a Full Defender Scan, plus DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth
    and

DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth with no errors.

JohnSaylor, Aug 18, 2018
  3. When I open One Drive after Features Release I get thiis error Session "Cloud Files Diagnostic Event Listener" failed to start with the following error: 0xC0000022

This is the error:

Log Name: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-EventTracing/Admin

Source: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-EventTracing

Date: 6/4/2018 6:59:02 AM

Event ID: 2

Task Category: Session

Level: Error

Keywords: Session

User:

Computer:

Description:

Session "Cloud Files Diagnostic Event Listener" failed to start with the following error: 0xC0000022

I just ran another sfc scannow with no errors. The PC version of all entries in One Drive were fine, only the Android version. Let's not get distracted by the Android. I only removed all PC entries to see if the error remained. As you see it does.
    So if we fix anything it will be the PC not the Android. Again thank you for your time and assistance, but I am going to just ignore the error.

JohnSaylor, Aug 18, 2018
  4. rboris Win User

Win 10: Session "Cloud Files Diagnostic Event Listener" failed to start with the following...

one drive on two computers: one nothing

and now there is a new error:

Session "Cloud Files Diagnostic Event Listener" failed to start with the following error: 0xC0000022

rboris, Aug 18, 2018
Thema:

Win 10: Session "Cloud Files Diagnostic Event Listener" failed to start with the following...

1. Win 10: Session "Cloud Files Diagnostic Event Listener" failed to start with the following... - Similar Threads - Session Cloud Files

2. Beim Starten der Sitzung "Cloud Files Diagnostic Event Listener" ist der folgende Fehler...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Beim Starten der Sitzung "Cloud Files Diagnostic Event Listener" ist der folgende Fehler...: Mein Laptop stürzt ständig ab diesen Fehler habe ich jetzt erkannt, kann man diesen beheben? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/beim-starten-der-sitzung-cloud-files-diagnostic/5858ea1b-42a5-4fa5-ab2d-befb8685d8e4
  3. Beim Starten der Sitzung "Cloud Files Diagnostic Event Listener" ist der folgende Fehler...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Beim Starten der Sitzung "Cloud Files Diagnostic Event Listener" ist der folgende Fehler...: Mein Laptop stürzt ständig ab diesen Fehler habe ich jetzt erkannt, kann man diesen beheben? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/beim-starten-der-sitzung-cloud-files-diagnostic/5858ea1b-42a5-4fa5-ab2d-befb8685d8e4
  4. Cloud Files Diagnostic Event Listener failed to start

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cloud Files Diagnostic Event Listener failed to start: I have had some continuing issues with what is a newish ROG Zephyrus ASUS gaming laptop. One that continues to prevent my sign in options is the Cloud Files Diagnostic Event Listner fails to start. I have looked through archives and it seems no one has a fix. Does anyone know...
  5. Cloud Files Diagnostic Event Listener failed to start

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cloud Files Diagnostic Event Listener failed to start: I have had some continuing issues with what is a newish ROG Zephyrus ASUS gaming laptop. One that continues to prevent my sign in options is the Cloud Files Diagnostic Event Listner fails to start. I have looked through archives and it seems no one has a fix. Does anyone know...
  6. Cloud files Diagnostic Event Listener failed to start

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Cloud files Diagnostic Event Listener failed to start: Brand new laptop with finger reader which often fails due to this error 0xC000022. Only by doing a hard shutdown is my finger reader function restored. Is this the way Windows 10 suppose to work? I looked at Apple and since I see other complains on this function with no...
  7. Session "Cloud Files Diagnostic Event Listener" failed to start with the following error:...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Session "Cloud Files Diagnostic Event Listener" failed to start with the following error:...: Kernel-EventTracing : i am getting frequent crashes and blue screen so ran a memory check. It reported back all the issues as Kernel-EventTracing as listed below... is this my ram failing and fixable simply by purchasing new ram? Log Name:...
  8. Session "Cloud Files Diagnostic Event Listener" failed to start with the following error:...

Session "Cloud Files Diagnostic Event Listener" failed to start with the following error:...: Lol@Microsoft... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/kernel-eventtracing-error/d2d84f10-66ba-4983-aa82-f2f05292c649 This problem is 3 years old now , the thread was locked and here i am on Insider Ring Fast and that issue is popping up...
  9. "Cloud Files Diagnostic Event Listener" Error?

in Windows 10 Support
    "Cloud Files Diagnostic Event Listener" Error?: I've started getting the error below reported on a relatively new laptop running v1809. What is it due to and is it worth fixing? Session "Cloud Files Diagnostic Event Listener" failed to start with the following error: 0xC0000022 139916
  10. Session "Cloud Files Diagnostic Event Listener" failed to start with the following error:...

Session "Cloud Files Diagnostic Event Listener" failed to start with the following error:...: I have recently bought a new hard drive and SSD for my computer and redownloaded windows 10. my computer will start to get slow and laggy and eventuly crash and give me the blue screen sometimes. either way I always have to shut off the computer and turn it back one and I get...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cloud files diagnostic event listener

2. Session Cloud Files Diagnostic Event Listener failed to start with the following error: 0xC0000022

3. Cloud Files Diagnostic Event Listener failed to start with the following error: 0xC0000022

4. cloud files diagnostic event listener failed,
  5. session cloud files diagnostic event listener,
  6. Échec du démarrage de la session « Cloud Files Diagnostic Event Listener » avec l’erreur suivante : 0xC0000022,
  7. Cloud Files Diagnostic ,
  8. Cloud Files Diagnostic Event Listener failed to start,
  9. event id 2 cloud,
  10. windows 10 cloud files diagnostic event listener failed to start,
  11. Cloud Files Diagnostic Event Listener ErrorCode 3221225506,
  12. Windos 10 shutdown with Session Cloud Files Diagnosti Event Listener,
  13. échec du démarrage de la session « cloud files diagnostic event listener » avec l’erreur suivante : 0xc0000022,
  14. Ereignis id 2 Cloud Files Diagnostic Event Listener,
  15. Cloud Files Diagnostic Event Listener FileName