Windows 10: win 10 slow start and shut down

Discus and support win 10 slow start and shut down in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I hope I'm in the right forum I have a win 10 pc with a hhd and ssd. Win 10 OS is installed on the ssd. both bootup and shut down (from the time I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by dave w.1, Jul 13, 2018.

1. dave w.1 Win User

win 10 slow start and shut down

I hope I'm in the right forum

I have a win 10 pc with a hhd and ssd. Win 10 OS is installed on the ssd. both bootup and shut down (from the time I clicked shut down to the lite on the pc going off for shut down) would take something less than 5 or 6 seconds.

Then shut down started to last 4 to 5 minutes. The bootup time was ok, then it also started to take a long time also.

At the same time Edge would not come up full screen but automatedly minimize in the tool tray and couldn't get it to full screen.

I went thru the win 10 sys. maintenance-ok, power trouble shooter-ok, a registry fix-ok, win 10 defender scan-ok, sfc and chkdsk scan-ok, dism scan-ok, I used "Ccleaner+malware scan-minor stuff found.

With all of those things, times improved but not to where they were.

Shut down is still more than a minute vs a healthy few seconds and bootup is over 40 seconds vs

a few seconds also. Edge seems to have corrected itself.

I would appreciate any suggestions to me help in getting my solid state back to functioning the way its suppose too.

thank you

dave w

:)

dave w.1, Jul 13, 2018

2. Windows 10 running slow. slow starting and slow shut down

Windows 10 running slow. I bought a new laptop dell inspiring 3000 series with windows 8.1. and then I upgraded to windows 10. windows 10 is running slow, slow start up and slow shut down. Windows 8.1 was running smooth. Files takes time to open. Please
    tell me what am I suppose to do.

V Ramanathan, Jul 13, 2018
  3. iColby Win User
    windows 10 slow start up

Hey thanks for responding, I did step 1 and step 2 was already done and I shut down my computer and started it up again and im still getting the slow loading circle

iColby, Jul 13, 2018
  4. win 10 slow start and shut down

win 10 will not shut down properly

Hi Richard,

Usually, this issue occur due to outdated or corrupted device drivers, services or processes which are not shutting down properly, or third-party programs that prevents your computer to shut down properly. For better assistance, we'll be needing additional
    information:

• Have you made any recent changes on your computer prior to the issue?
    • Is this an error message Explorer\windows\settingsync\BackgroundUploadTask? If yes, where are you getting this message?
    • If possible, can you send us a screenshot?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you run the Power troubleshooter as an initial troubleshooting step. To run the Power troubleshooter, follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X and select Settings.
    • Choose Update & Security from the list.
    • Click Troubleshoot in the left pane of the window.
    • Under Find and fix other problems, select Power
      and click Run the troubleshooter.

We'll keep an eye out for your response.

Gerard Qui, Jul 13, 2018
Thema:

win 10 slow start and shut down

1. win 10 slow start and shut down - Similar Threads - slow start shut

2. Shut down error - Win 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Shut down error - Win 10: Also, occasionally have a .exe pop up screen. What is the fix for these errors? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/shut-down-error-win-10/7676b2c8-d6f1-42c3-8ce8-2d4c76152200
  3. Shut down error - Win 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Shut down error - Win 10: Also, occasionally have a .exe pop up screen. What is the fix for these errors? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/shut-down-error-win-10/7676b2c8-d6f1-42c3-8ce8-2d4c76152200
  4. shut down sound win 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    shut down sound win 10: I have a problem with win 10everything works fine all day i play games without problems but every day at 3 pm you hear the sound as if the power is going off but it doesn't turn off pcevery day at the same timea mysterious problemdoes anyone have any advicei havessd 120gram...
  5. shut down sound win 10

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    shut down sound win 10: I have a problem with win 10everything works fine all day i play games without problems but every day at 3 pm you hear the sound as if the power is going off but it doesn't turn off pcevery day at the same timea mysterious problemdoes anyone have any advicei havessd 120gram...
  6. PC Slow to shut down

PC Slow to shut down: Does any one have a problem lately with windows taking a long time to shut down when requested it seems ti ignore the request and then minutes later it shuts down. has an update caused this any help would be apreciated...
  7. Windows 10 slow to shut down

Windows 10 slow to shut down: A client came in with a personal built desktop that is slow to shut down. After clicking shut down, the computer seems to not take the input and he is able to use the computer for about 10 seconds. Then the shutting down screen appears for at least thirty seconds. Event...
  8. Win 10 won't shut down

in Windows 10 Customization
    Win 10 won't shut down: After new hard drive installation...Win 10 will not shut down. My old hard drive also had Win 10 so I am really baffled by the problem. I unchecked "fast start". That didn't change anything. FYI I did check MSINFO and found that the Bios are legacy. I've been with...
  9. win 10 starts then pc shuts down

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    win 10 starts then pc shuts down: I boot up the pc win 10 starts loading then pc shuts down restarts power light on no indicator light,the screen shows no signal https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-10-starts-then-pc-shuts-down/f62a0561-6b6b-41d0-8823-3865a3a2950e
  10. Slow shut down

Slow shut down: Hello, long time viewer, first time poster. I'm a huge fan of the Windows 10, I love it, however recently I've gotten my first glimpse of the buggy side. The computer (pretty decent) is taking a very very long time to shut down. I just let it be, maybe update or something,...