Win 10 Spell Check - How does it work?

Discus and support Win 10 Spell Check - How does it work? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; 07/03/18 I'm using: Win 10 Pro, Version 1803 (OS Build 17134.112) If you go to (please see screen shot): Settings / Devices / Typing I put the slider... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by mb1280, Jul 3, 2018.

1. mb1280 Win User

07/03/18 I'm using:
    Win 10 Pro, Version 1803 (OS Build 17134.112)

If you go to (please see screen shot): Settings / Devices / Typing

I put the slider to "on" here for everything, except:
    1.) Add a space after I choose a text suggestion
    2.) Add a period after I double-tap the Space bar
    3.) Show text predictions based on the recognized languages you're typing in

Question #1
    Shouldn't "Highlight misspelled words" be
    "Put a red squiggly line under misspelled words"
    . . . right-click on the body of text in an e-mail / Check Spelling
    because that is apparently how it's "highlighting,"
    it's not like it's using a "yellow highlighter" on your misspelled words,
    I think the description here is bad

Question #2
    Is Win 10 Spell Check like the "Grammarly" Firefox Add-on?
    https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/fir...n/grammarly-1/
    . . . where all the text you type goes to a server somewhere to determine the spelling errors?
    . . . or does it use a dictionary and thesaurus on your computer? I would hope.

:)

mb1280, Jul 3, 2018
  2. steveking1951 Win User

spell check in win 10 wordpad not working. check spelling toggles are on

In systems typing the check spelling toggles are on. No check is working on my wordpad doc. I am so mad that the clean install killed my word program. That was NOT the promise made. Everything was suppose to still work.

OP - spell check in win 10 wordpad not working

steveking1951, Jul 3, 2018
  3. Darleen Pen Win User
    Spell check is not working on Twitter.

Hi Marie,

Windows should make necessary auto-correction if the Autocorrect misspelled words option in the Settings app is enabled. A built-in restriction on the website you are using could be a possible cause why the spell check is not working on it. For us to provide
    an accurate resolution, we would need you to answer the following questions:

• Are you experiencing the same issue even when accessing the website using other web browsers, or is the issue isolated to a specific browser?
    • Is the spell check working before on the website you are using? If yes, what changes have you made to your computer before this issue occurred?
    • Are you experiencing the same issue on other websites?

To check if the issue is not with the built-in spell checker on your Windows 10, we suggest testing it on any Office application. Let us know if the spell check is also not working with the Office apps.

We are looking forward to your response.

Darleen Pen, Jul 3, 2018
  4. Monica Cam Win User

Spell Check not working

We would like to know more about the issue. Kindly let us know when you've started to encounter the issue and the changes made prior to this concern.

Meanwhile, you may check the spell check add-ons on Internet Explorer if it is enabled. Refer to these steps:

• Open Internet Explorer.
    • On the upper right side of the screen, click the gear icon

Win 10 Spell Check - How does it work? 1a61d0c1-9bee-44ad-b37b-9c7581027e87.png
    • Select Manage add-ons.

Win 10 Spell Check - How does it work? 1c2a15dc-3213-48ea-be1a-f58e77f737ab.png

• Under Add-on Types, click Spelling Correction.

Win 10 Spell Check - How does it work? 14326f86-372f-4c62-9ba0-c159b90ab702.png

• Place a check mark under Enable spelling correction.
    If the Spelling Correction add-on is not available on the options, we suggest that you post your query on our
    Windows Feedback hub so our engineers will be aware about this issue. To do this, follow these steps:

• Type Windows Feedback in the search bar.
    • Type some keywords from your issue in the box marked Search for feedback, and then press
      Enter.
    • If you find your issue, upvote it. If you don't find it, select Add new feedback, then fill out the form.
    Regards.

Monica Cam, Jul 3, 2018
Thema:

1. Win 10 Spell Check - How does it work? - Similar Threads - Win Spell Check

2. Sticky Note On Win 10 Crash after Update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sticky Note On Win 10 Crash after Update: Dear Admin, Please help how to Resolve Sticky notes, after Update Windows totally not working.. regrds https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_productivity/sticky-note-on-win-10-crash-after-update/954e5461-db7f-4c6b-b3e1-8802a1bdd742
  3. Win 10 Laptop BSOD Loop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Win 10 Laptop BSOD Loop: I don't know if this is the right place to ask but I have an HP pavilion windows 10 laptop that is in a blue screen of death loop. I've tried to get to the advanced repair screen but have been unsuccessful as trying to do three hard shutdowns in a row doesnt seem to do...
  4. Win 10 Version 1709 to 1803 update failed consistently.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win 10 Version 1709 to 1803 update failed consistently.: Error Received using normal Windows Update : 0xC1900101 Error Recieved using Media Creation tool 1803: 0xC1900101 – 0x4001E. The installation failed in the SECOND_BOOT phase with an error during PRE_OOBE operation Both times the update gets to about 90% and then reboots...
  5. win 10 bluetooth drivers missing. bluetooth does not appear in device manager

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    win 10 bluetooth drivers missing. bluetooth does not appear in device manager: is there a KB or update that has bluetooth drivers for win 10 I can not discover bluetooth devices hp printer and nintendo wiimote...
  6. keyboard does not work in os after win 10 - 1803. works in chrome, can't type in os search...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    keyboard does not work in os after win 10 - 1803. works in chrome, can't type in os search...: keyboard does not work in os after win 10 - 1803. works in chrome, can't type in os search bar or help appthe catagory doesn't allow hardware only apps and help app & os search bar not listed...
  7. WIN 10 - 32bit - I NEED to upgrade to 64bit - my processor is compatible.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    WIN 10 - 32bit - I NEED to upgrade to 64bit - my processor is compatible.: WIN 10 - 32bit - I NEED to upgrade to 64bit - my processor is compatible. What can I do and do I have to Pay for it, all over again??...
  8. spoolss.dll is 0 kb, print issues after WIN 10 HOME upgrade to version 1803

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    spoolss.dll is 0 kb, print issues after WIN 10 HOME upgrade to version 1803: Hi, recently Surface 3 auto upgraded windows 10 home to Version 1803. Print spooler and printing problems, I tried so many available methods on the net to solve the issue but invain. I found spoolss.dll is 0 kb under system32 folder, I tried somany ways to reinstall the dll...
  9. Microsoft Solitaire Collection Win 10 - 1803 17134.167

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Solitaire Collection Win 10 - 1803 17134.167: Hello. I'm writing this question in regard to the Microsoft's builtin games. I've uninstalled all the other "bloatware" games as to call it. Though this seems to have installed itself this morning, after I installed a fresh new Windows 10 on my 860 evo yesterday. It...
  10. Win 10 demands my attention before it will start.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Win 10 demands my attention before it will start.: my win 10 adventure continues! first thing i did was deactivate the pointless password log in screen since this is my computer and i don't share it with anyone and wouldn't care if i did, but now it has spontaneously returned! so, expecting windows to open itself, I went for...