Windows 10: Win 10 Spell Check - How does it work?

Discus and support Win 10 Spell Check - How does it work? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; 07/03/18 I'm using: Win 10 Pro, Version 1803 (OS Build 17134.112) If you go to (please see screen shot): Settings / Devices / Typing I put the slider... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by mb1280, Jul 3, 2018.

1. mb1280 Win User

Win 10 Spell Check - How does it work?

07/03/18 I'm using:
    Win 10 Pro, Version 1803 (OS Build 17134.112)

If you go to (please see screen shot): Settings / Devices / Typing

I put the slider to "on" here for everything, except:
    1.) Add a space after I choose a text suggestion
    2.) Add a period after I double-tap the Space bar
    3.) Show text predictions based on the recognized languages you're typing in

Question #1
    Shouldn't "Highlight misspelled words" be
    "Put a red squiggly line under misspelled words"
    . . . right-click on the body of text in an e-mail / Check Spelling
    because that is apparently how it's "highlighting,"
    it's not like it's using a "yellow highlighter" on your misspelled words,
    I think the description here is bad

Question #2
    Is Win 10 Spell Check like the "Grammarly" Firefox Add-on?
    https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/fir...n/grammarly-1/
    . . . where all the text you type goes to a server somewhere to determine the spelling errors?
    . . . or does it use a dictionary and thesaurus on your computer? I would hope.

:)

mb1280, Jul 3, 2018

2. spell check in win 10 wordpad not working. check spelling toggles are on

In systems typing the check spelling toggles are on. No check is working on my wordpad doc. I am so mad that the clean install killed my word program. That was NOT the promise made. Everything was suppose to still work.

OP - spell check in win 10 wordpad not working

steveking1951, Jul 3, 2018
  3. Spell check is not working on Twitter.

Hi Marie,

Windows should make necessary auto-correction if the Autocorrect misspelled words option in the Settings app is enabled. A built-in restriction on the website you are using could be a possible cause why the spell check is not working on it. For us to provide
    an accurate resolution, we would need you to answer the following questions:

• Are you experiencing the same issue even when accessing the website using other web browsers, or is the issue isolated to a specific browser?
    • Is the spell check working before on the website you are using? If yes, what changes have you made to your computer before this issue occurred?
    • Are you experiencing the same issue on other websites?

To check if the issue is not with the built-in spell checker on your Windows 10, we suggest testing it on any Office application. Let us know if the spell check is also not working with the Office apps.

We are looking forward to your response.

Darleen Pen, Jul 3, 2018
  4. Win 10 Spell Check - How does it work?

Spell Check not working

We would like to know more about the issue. Kindly let us know when you've started to encounter the issue and the changes made prior to this concern.

Meanwhile, you may check the spell check add-ons on Internet Explorer if it is enabled. Refer to these steps:

• Open Internet Explorer.
    • On the upper right side of the screen, click the gear icon

Win 10 Spell Check - How does it work? 1a61d0c1-9bee-44ad-b37b-9c7581027e87.png
    • Select Manage add-ons.

Win 10 Spell Check - How does it work? 1c2a15dc-3213-48ea-be1a-f58e77f737ab.png

• Under Add-on Types, click Spelling Correction.

Win 10 Spell Check - How does it work? 14326f86-372f-4c62-9ba0-c159b90ab702.png

• Place a check mark under Enable spelling correction.
    If the Spelling Correction add-on is not available on the options, we suggest that you post your query on our
    Windows Feedback hub so our engineers will be aware about this issue. To do this, follow these steps:

• Type Windows Feedback in the search bar.
    • Type some keywords from your issue in the box marked Search for feedback, and then press
      Enter.
    • If you find your issue, upvote it. If you don't find it, select Add new feedback, then fill out the form.
    Regards.

Monica Cam, Jul 3, 2018
Thema:

Win 10 Spell Check - How does it work?

1. Win 10 Spell Check - How does it work? - Similar Threads - Spell Check does

2. spell check not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    spell check not working: spell check not working.It suddenly quite https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/spell-check-not-working/412c01b2-a552-48f8-a942-60c21184f397
  3. spell check not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    spell check not working: spell check not working.It suddenly quite https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/spell-check-not-working/412c01b2-a552-48f8-a942-60c21184f397
  4. spell check not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Spell check stopped working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Spell check stopped working: Hi When I open a new word document the spell check does not work. I'm not the greatest speller so this is annoying. I often open an older document, which has spell check working, and edit this to get around the problem. But I can't figure out why new documents don't work in...
  6. Spell check stopped working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Spell check stopped working: Hi When I open a new word document the spell check does not work. I'm not the greatest speller so this is annoying. I often open an older document, which has spell check working, and edit this to get around the problem. But I can't figure out why new documents don't work in...
  7. spell check

in Windows 10 Gaming
    spell check: When typing and I misspell a word and I right click on it to get the correct spelling it has stopped showing me choices. It has always given me several words to choose from and then pops them in when I make a choice. How do I get this feature back again?...
  8. Spell check not working in reply.

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Spell check not working in reply.: Using Office 2010 and Windows 1903. When replying to an email spelling errors comes up underlined. A right click instead of offering the correct work comes up with signatures. Now the perceived wisdom seems to be that you edit signatures and put -- above the signature and...
  9. Spell Check is not working as expected

in Windows 10 Customization
    Spell Check is not working as expected: Once in a while when I write something using Edge, I face an issue with Spell Check - it doesn’t correct the misspelled words. Because it is not an ongoing issue, it is difficult to spot the cause of it. I made sure that Highlight Misspelled Words are on. But this feature...
  10. Spell Check Enabled but not working

in Windows 10 Support
    Spell Check Enabled but not working: Hi. Have creators update installed, spell check as I go is enabled and spell check in general under typing settings is also enabled, but inside of Gmail and my other Web Email it doesn't highlight errors as it finds them. I checked the registry and both are enabled there...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. 1 Microsoft W

2. www.bing.cohttps://support.microsoft.com/en-us/hub/4338813/windows-help?os=windows-10

3. how to spell check on windows 10

4. word spell check not working win 10,
  5. does spell check in word work in read only mode,
  6. spell check settings windows 10,
  7. how to put spell check on windows 10,
  8. mobile spell check is in french texting,
  9. whttps://support.microsoft.com/en-us/hub/4338813/windows-help?os=windows-10,
  10. ow does rilsoftware spell checks work?,
  11. windows 1803 word doc spell check caps,
  12. how to use spell check with a lap top windows 10 2019,
  13. windows phone 10 spell check,
  14. ctxtb,
  15. I think it is prety difficul. spell check