Windows 10: Win 10 Start Button Semi Functional

Discus and support Win 10 Start Button Semi Functional in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; The Win 10 'Start Button' has become semi functional. Running win 10 Home 4 Gigs Ram on a laptop with 2 Users. The 'Left' click function no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by emeth, Aug 4, 2015.

1. emeth Win User

Win 10 Start Button Semi Functional

The Win 10 'Start Button' has become semi functional.

Running win 10 Home 4 Gigs Ram on a laptop with 2 Users.

The 'Left' click function no longer works on just 1 of the Users. However, the 'Right' click function still is operational.

:)

emeth, Aug 4, 2015
  2. swivel22 Win User

After downloading WIN 10, my start button does not function. Instead it shows when start button is clicked, "critical error, restart to repair errors".

Original Title - WIN 10 Start Button

After downloading WIN 10, my start button does not function. Instead it shows when start button is clicked, "critical error, restart to repair errors". However hen I do a restart it is still does not repair. I have reverted to WIN 7 and re-installed WIN
    10 at least 7 times and just don't know what to do. Can anyone help ?

swivel22, Aug 4, 2015
  3. Windows button,Cortana & search function doesn't work [SOLVED]

Hello everybody,

Ijust upgraded yesterday my win 8.1 HP laptop, to win 10

and although all went smooth after an hour or so of win 10 usage

WIN button ,Cortana and the search function stopped working.

I press and it does nothing,no access to start menu , although right click function works.

Any thoughts ,friends???

LiluPookie, Aug 4, 2015
  4. YOU
    You Win User

This was a problem for someone else, too. They resolved it by making a new account, transferring over the documents, and deleting the account that has the Start button issue.

5. emeth Win User
    It looks like this problem was caused by a registry cleaner.

Auslogics Registry Cleaner was used and when the 'Restore' function was used cleared the problem.

Still attempting to find the exact item that was cleared that caused the problem.

emeth, Aug 4, 2015
  6. emeth Win User
    So far, out of 270+ registry problems after the upgrade, I believe that the culprit is one of the following registry keys:

emeth, Aug 4, 2015
  7. YOU
    You Win User
    It's not a very good idea to use registry cleaners. They don't improve r performance in any way. Glad sorted it out.

8. emeth Win User

Thank 'You', *Wink

I have found that clearing up .com and active X Registry problem does help and I have found this to be helpful since ths time of 98SE.

If anyone can spot one of the above registry keys that they think might be the culprit, I will try to alert Asulogic.

Thanks

emeth, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Win 10 Start Button Semi Functional - Similar Threads - Start Button Semi

2. After update in Win 11 Lost taskbar, start button,and functionality of Windows button.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After update in Win 11 Lost taskbar, start button,and functionality of Windows button.: Tried all suggestion for standard fixes including restoring to previous state which happened to be after the problem. .settings will not come up, Task manager freezes,lost functionality in Firefix but not Chrome. can't get to updates to try and reinstall.Suggestions please...
  3. After update in Win 11 Lost taskbar, start button,and functionality of Windows button.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    After update in Win 11 Lost taskbar, start button,and functionality of Windows button.: Tried all suggestion for standard fixes including restoring to previous state which happened to be after the problem. .settings will not come up, Task manager freezes,lost functionality in Firefix but not Chrome. can't get to updates to try and reinstall.Suggestions please...
  4. Win 10 Hibernate Button failed to function

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Win 10 Hibernate Button failed to function: Hi,I am using Dell Optiplex 7040 PC with latest Win 10 updateWhen go to Start > Power > Hibernate, the system is not hibernating but locked up and computer switch off for only 2 seconds and it start back again after that . I can only to user Power > shut down to power off the...
  5. My Win 10 start button

in Windows 10 Customization
    My Win 10 start button: My win 10 start button and search bar do not work for my login. Two other accounts on this machine work correctly. Anybody know how to fix this. Microsoft support seems to no longer have support....
  6. Win 10 Pro 1909 Start Context Menu Semi-inoperable

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10 Pro 1909 Start Context Menu Semi-inoperable: I am having an issue with the Win 10 Start Context (right-click) Menu. I have done extensive research and tried many things but I can't make any headway with the solution. When I right-click the Start Menu, the standard menu structure is displayed. [img] I then select...
  7. Win 10 start up button

in Cortana
    Win 10 start up button: hello my start menu button and contana is not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-10-start-up-button/ae0d42f7-3434-44a7-ae5f-00f1faa2cbfb"
  8. Windows 10 ver 1703 Start Button does not function

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 ver 1703 Start Button does not function: I have Windows 10 ver 1703 installed on my computer. Everything installed correctly and I have applied all updates. When I click the Start Button nothing happens. If I strike the Windows button on the keyboard nothing happens. I cannot type in the Search Bar. If I right...
  9. Start Button functions

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Start Button functions: Greetings from a junior member! I have used all OS from 98 to this Win10 and still shed a tear for the demise of XP Pro... A new pc - bought, not built has Win 10 Home 64 bit on board. I has (or I have) lost the initial functionality it came with... Much of the commands from...
  10. Start button and action center button lose functionality

in Windows 10 Support
    Start button and action center button lose functionality: We had a power outage earlier this week which shut down my PC. Upon restart, the 'normal' error screen that 'Windows encountered an error and didn't shutdown correctly' (Safe Mode screen) never appeared and it seemed to boot normally. Ever since, even after a couple of...