Windows 10: Win 10 start menu program group title bar

Discus and support Win 10 start menu program group title bar in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; that title bar is LONG...the physical length of it. If the title that you enter in the 'hamburger is "browsers" lets say, the durn title bar is a mile... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by f14tomcat, Apr 4, 2018.

1. f14tomcat Win User

Win 10 start menu program group title bar

Oh, you want to adjust the available title bar space, and be able to add more of them, size specific. There's an imaginary vertical line between left and right groups. That determines the horizontal length of the title bar. MS has it as a fixed length, whether you use the full start menu or not. It's fixed. I know of no way to regedit that the way you want. Sorry.

f14tomcat, Apr 4, 2018
  2. SargeUSMC Win User

Is there a way to resize the title bar for start menu program groups? Regedit maybe?

:)

SargeUSMC, Apr 23, 2018
  3. margec300 Win User
    Missing Start menu and Task bar on Windows 10

down loaded win 10 yesterday have no task bar or start menu now can not change any thing without them what to do?

Original title: task bar & start menu

margec300, Apr 23, 2018
  4. ZealahG Win User

How to get rid of the groups and the bars on the start menu completely

Original Title: Start Menu Groups

Hello Everyone, I want to get rid of the groups and the bars on the start menu completely. Tried everything I can think of with 30 years experience and must admit defeat. Am I being dim? Can anyone help please?

ZealahG, Apr 23, 2018
  5. spunk Win User
    If you right-click on a larger rectangular tile then click on the Smaller icon along the bottom of the screen you may turn it into a smaller square tile.

If you want to see all apps, right-click on the Start screen then click on All apps icon in bottom right of the screen. You will now see all you apps as smaller icons.

You may drag & drop tiles on the Start screen to new locations on the screen.

spunk, Apr 24, 2018
  6. SargeUSMC Win User
    Thank you, but that wasn't the question. I know how to resize tiles. I want to know if there's a way to resize or shorten the title bar for a program group

SargeUSMC, Apr 24, 2018
  7. f14tomcat Win User
    I'm not real clear on the request, but if you hover over the current title words, a little edit hamburger is on the right of it. Click it and type what you want....as short or as long.

Win 10 start menu program group title bar [​IMG]

f14tomcat, Apr 24, 2018
  8. SargeUSMC Win User

that title bar is LONG...the physical length of it. If the title that you enter in the 'hamburger is "browsers" lets say, the durn title bar is a mile long. I can't drop another group icon right next to the existing one without adding it to that group. I want to create program groups in the start menu with simple titles that don't take up half the screen so I can put them next to each other.

SargeUSMC, Apr 24, 2018
Thema:

1. Win 10 start menu program group title bar - Similar Threads - start menu program

2. Possible to HIDE the title bar of a program?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Possible to HIDE the title bar of a program?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/wozmatic [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/laywpz/possible_to_hide_the_title_bar_of_a_program/
  3. Colour not appearing on Title Bars, WIndow Borders & Apps on Start Menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Colour not appearing on Title Bars, WIndow Borders & Apps on Start Menu: So recently there was an update, and after the update my colors disappeared on the start menu. It was supposed to look like the picture shown in the preview[ATTACH] But it looks like this instead[ATTACH] I have tried changing to default themes, unclicking all possible...
  4. Is there a RegEdit to Change Task Bar Title Bar, Start Menu colors

Is there a RegEdit to Change Task Bar Title Bar, Start Menu colors: V 2004 (OS 1941.508) Good morning there a RegEdit to Change Task Bar, Start Menu colors and also the Active Title Bar and Inactive title Bar colors that works, please? I have searched and tried numerous ways to set my Taskbar and Start Menu to one color and the Activated...
  5. Start Menu Groups

Start Menu Groups: I want to change the squares that are included in the groups on my start menu, but it says they are locked. How do I unlock them? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menu-groups/43f34af2-1a68-40ea-ad4c-82f2256d3e21
  6. How to make win 10 title bars transparent

How to make win 10 title bars transparent: HI everyone. My name is Rick. I just registered today. I've been trying to make my title bars transparent on and off for a few years. Is there a registry tweak available? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Windows 10 version 2004 build 19033.1 145298
  7. Is it possible to remove the "Name Group" bar in Start menu?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is it possible to remove the "Name Group" bar in Start menu?: The gap is kinda ugly. Anyone can help me with this? https://i.imgur.com/WEnN2Ds.png submitted by /u/yuze_ [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/e0iqvy/is_it_possible_to_remove_the_name_group_bar_in/
  8. Adjusting taskbar, title bar and start menu colors/settings separately

Adjusting taskbar, title bar and start menu colors/settings separately: Hi, I've just upgraded to Windows 10 for a second time. The first installation was in 2015 to a backup laptop when they were first promoting it and I hated it so much that I never installed it on my main computer. However, for memory reasons, I've just upgraded to 10 on my...
  9. Where are Win 10 Start Menu Program Properties (like "Start in")?

in Windows 10 Support
    Where are Win 10 Start Menu Program Properties (like "Start in")?: Guys, I was just forced at work to change my beloved Win 7 box to Win 10 spyware as a service. One aspect of Win 10 that I cannot figure out is how I can access Properties for the programs that I have added to the Start Menu. In Win 7, if I left click on the Start Menu,...
  10. Windows 10 Start Menu Search Bar Not Showing Programs

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Start Menu Search Bar Not Showing Programs: I have been having a problem with my start menu in Windows 10! When I search up a program like "Paint" or "Photoshop" it does not show up! However, built-in apps such as "Settings" and "Edge" show up! I have tried rebuilding the search index with no luck so far! I...