Windows 10: Win 10, Steam and Family Accounts,Permissions. Things gone.

Discus and support Win 10, Steam and Family Accounts,Permissions. Things gone. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I just set up Family Accounts in Windows 10, and we've had the PC for about 2 months already. I set one up for my son, but I'm mostly concerned he's... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by confusedintz, Apr 26, 2016.

1. Win 10, Steam and Family Accounts,Permissions. Things gone.

I just set up Family Accounts in Windows 10, and we've had the PC for about 2 months already. I set one up for my son, but I'm mostly concerned he's spending too much time on the computer and want to set time limits. Once he had his own account, though, it seems that he's lost access to all games. Steam, settings, levels, skins, etc.

How do we restore those things and allow him permissions under the Win 10 Parental controls and family?

:)

confusedintz, Apr 26, 2016
  2. tracer237 Win User

steam asks for administrator

Anyone know the soloution to steam not working now I have upgraded to win 10.

I cant get steam to run, or many other games. I get asked for administrator permissions.

tracer237, Apr 26, 2016
  3. Nick Dich Win User
    How to block Steam etc. games on Windows 10 with Microsoft family account

Hi Rose,

We would like to know how the Steam client was installed on your child's computer. Were you the one who installed the Steam client to the computer? Please note that the Microsoft Family has its own limitations and part of this could be the Steam client that
    your child is using. For your reference, kindly visit the website provide below:

What is Microsoft family?

Set restrictions for your child on Windows 10 and Xbox One.

In addition, Steam Services have their own Family View options and Parental Controls. You may want to take advantage of these features. To know more about this, kindly visit the link provided here:

Steam Support - Family View (Family options).

Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help.

Nick Dich, Apr 26, 2016
Thema:

Win 10, Steam and Family Accounts,Permissions. Things gone.

1. Win 10, Steam and Family Accounts,Permissions. Things gone. - Similar Threads - Steam Family Accounts

2. Family Permissions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Family Permissions: Was removed from the family safety thing And have restarted And still getting pop ups asking for permission, When I clicked ask my email they always say " Something went wrong " I don't know why I am still getting these popups if I'm no longer in a microsoft family safety...
  3. Family Permissions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Family Permissions: Was removed from the family safety thing And have restarted And still getting pop ups asking for permission, When I clicked ask my email they always say " Something went wrong " I don't know why I am still getting these popups if I'm no longer in a microsoft family safety...
  4. MS Account>Family: Manage Permissions page is blank.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    MS Account>Family: Manage Permissions page is blank.: MS Account>Family: Manage Permissions page is blank. I need to edit the age my family member who is listed as minor. Details; when he loggs into his MS Account, the DOB is very wrong and is not editable. I used my adult account, added him as a family member but there is no...
  5. MS Account>Family: Manage Permissions page is blank.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MS Account>Family: Manage Permissions page is blank.: MS Account>Family: Manage Permissions page is blank. I need to edit the age my family member who is listed as minor. Details; when he loggs into his MS Account, the DOB is very wrong and is not editable. I used my adult account, added him as a family member but there is no...
  6. Lowest practical user account permissions not family and not others.

Lowest practical user account permissions not family and not others.: 1909 build Pro with delayed updates that I will have to succumb to eventually I suppose ... currently up-to-date. Single user machine (me) at normal admin level. Wishing to create a new user account for my own use that has the lowest level of permissions that retains...
  7. Family calendar gone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Family calendar gone: Has anyone noticed their ms family Calendar is gone. Logged on this evening and went to add something to it only to realise it was missing. Not just on the pc but also on our devices (such as iOS) too. Maybe a glitch at MS end but its annoying. Our family uses it quite a bit...
  8. Microsoft Family Permissions

Microsoft Family Permissions: My 'Microsoft Family' has 2 adults including myself and several child accounts. For reasons I have never undertood, requests for "additional screen time" only come to me, and not to my wife. Even if she uses the "my parent is here" option, she cannot grant him more time....
  9. Is Family Safety gone in Windows 10?

Is Family Safety gone in Windows 10?: I am changing my kids over from a Windows 8 computer to a Windows 10 computer. It won't allow me to add my kids with a local account rather than a Microsoft account and also control what they have access to. I do not want them to have email or a Microsoft account. I can...
  10. family permissions problem

family permissions problem: Windows 10, Minecraft. ALWAYS wants to ask for permissions, profile says "always allow" but keeps asking for permissions. Have never been able to let my kid play. ANYBODY got an idea how to get this to work?...