Windows 10: Win 10, Steam and Family Accounts,Permissions. Things gone.

Discus and support Win 10, Steam and Family Accounts,Permissions. Things gone. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I just set up Family Accounts in Windows 10, and we've had the PC for about 2 months already. I set one up for my son, but I'm mostly concerned he's... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by confusedintz, Apr 26, 2016.

1. Win 10, Steam and Family Accounts,Permissions. Things gone.

I just set up Family Accounts in Windows 10, and we've had the PC for about 2 months already. I set one up for my son, but I'm mostly concerned he's spending too much time on the computer and want to set time limits. Once he had his own account, though, it seems that he's lost access to all games. Steam, settings, levels, skins, etc.

How do we restore those things and allow him permissions under the Win 10 Parental controls and family?

:)

confusedintz, Apr 26, 2016
  2. tracer237 Win User

steam asks for administrator

Anyone know the soloution to steam not working now I have upgraded to win 10.

I cant get steam to run, or many other games. I get asked for administrator permissions.

tracer237, Apr 26, 2016
  3. Nick Dich Win User
    How to block Steam etc. games on Windows 10 with Microsoft family account

Hi Rose,

We would like to know how the Steam client was installed on your child's computer. Were you the one who installed the Steam client to the computer? Please note that the Microsoft Family has its own limitations and part of this could be the Steam client that
    your child is using. For your reference, kindly visit the website provide below:

What is Microsoft family?

Set restrictions for your child on Windows 10 and Xbox One.

In addition, Steam Services have their own Family View options and Parental Controls. You may want to take advantage of these features. To know more about this, kindly visit the link provided here:

Steam Support - Family View (Family options).

Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help.

Nick Dich, Apr 26, 2016
Thema:

Win 10, Steam and Family Accounts,Permissions. Things gone.

1. Win 10, Steam and Family Accounts,Permissions. Things gone. - Similar Threads - Steam Family Accounts

2. remove family permission

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    remove family permission: hi I recently got and set up my new laptop. I stated my age 38 and all was fine, but now on my account Im a child and I need authorization (using an email I don't even know) can someone help me please? I think I need to reset my Microsoft account but I really don't know how...
  3. Family account

Family account: I have created a child account for my teenager. If she accesses her Microsoft account she can see that her web history will be visible to me. Can her access to her Microsoft account be restricted to prevent this as otherwise she will simply use a non-connected device....
  4. Is Family Safety gone in Windows 10?

Is Family Safety gone in Windows 10?: I am changing my kids over from a Windows 8 computer to a Windows 10 computer. It won't allow me to add my kids with a local account rather than a Microsoft account and also control what they have access to. I do not want them to have email or a Microsoft account. I can...
  5. Family Accounts

Family Accounts: I have created multiple Family Accounts (for kids). I see that I can block multiple websites, however, and also restrict them to install apps by age restriction. However, I want to restrict them to install ANY apps by themselves. Also I want to block ability to run any exe...
  6. Microsoft Family Features: Ask for permission on an adult account

Microsoft Family Features: Ask for permission on an adult account: I have a computer in my house that recently lost a hard drive. To fix the problem, I ended up installing a new hard drive and doing a clean install of Windows 10 Pro 64 bit version. It has all the latest patches and updates installed. This clean install is only a few weeks...
  7. Microsoft Family & permission

Microsoft Family & permission: Hello, I have an Office 365 Family subscription which I share with my kids & partner and I struggle to set up permissions to limit who can see what. In details: 1/ Partner is not children's mother, so should not see the activity reports. Yet, the emails are send to both...
  8. Family Account

Family Account: I have set up family members under my Microsoft account. My son has his own laptop, how do I associate his laptop with my family account so I can use the parental controls? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/family-account/69fa3223-ce51-4a1f-904f-8d4cea8d5a9c"
  9. family permissions problem

family permissions problem: Windows 10, Minecraft. ALWAYS wants to ask for permissions, profile says "always allow" but keeps asking for permissions. Have never been able to let my kid play. ANYBODY got an idea how to get this to work?...
  10. Family account.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Family account.: I have setup my 2 kids account on family account and monitoring their activities. But lately I am not able to see the activities online. They mainly use Chrome and the activities mentions the time against Chrome and nothing else. Before I was able to see which web pages...