Windows 10: Win 10 Stops Working

Discus and support Win 10 Stops Working in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have 2 desktops. I downloaded win 10 preview on no 1 After a few minutes of log on time it just quits. The Drive light flickers but the scree goes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Tully, Oct 19, 2015.

1. Tully Win User

Win 10 Stops Working

I have 2 desktops.
    I downloaded win 10 preview on no 1
    After a few minutes of log on time it just quits. The Drive light flickers but the scree goes to SAMNSUNG the Logo for the monitor MFG.
    I figured it was something wrong on my hardware. I took the computer apart & did not find a hardware problem.

Computer 2 was running Win 8.1 without any problems!
    I downloaded & installed Win 10 & the same thing happens!
    So I went back to Win 8.1 & every thing is OK.

I waited a few weeks to see if MS had fixed the problem & reloaded Win 10 & the same thing happens!

This problem was reported many times but there seems no interest by MS or anyone else to fix it!

There are things in Win 10 that I like, but I can't tolerate the computer quitting when I am in the middle of something & I loose it all!
    Then I have to hold the start button until the HD button turns off, then reboot.

After the initial failure it never occurs again on that computer session!

When I boot up agian later ,same thing happens!

There must be answer. The problem occurs on 2 different computers only when running win 10.

:)

Tully, Oct 19, 2015

2. Start Menu is not working on Windows 10.

Original Title: Win 10 Start stopped working

Win 10 Start button stopped working on PC but continues to work on portable. Ideas to fixit short of back to win 7 and update again

J7Anderson, Oct 19, 2015
  3. 154Neil Win User
    Win 10 Start Menu Stops Working with a Win 10 Update

I was premature in saying that the start menu was working again. The update installed again this morning (i guess I was wrong and it was not installed last night) and now my start menu is not working. I uninstalled the update and then ran the suggested
    URL and I am hiding the one update.

Do you have any idea why I am having the problem and what am I missing by not having the update installed.

154Neil, Oct 19, 2015
Thema:

Win 10 Stops Working

1. Win 10 Stops Working - Similar Threads - Stops Working

2. Mouse randomly stops working until I restart my Laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse randomly stops working until I restart my Laptop: Hi! so I saw a guide about this earlier but it was for Windows 10 I believe and couldn't really follow the instructions because I think there are now new and different things so I just wanted to ask about thisA bit more info I have the ASUS TUF A15 and this issue has happened...
  3. Mouse randomly stops working until I restart my Laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse randomly stops working until I restart my Laptop: Hi! so I saw a guide about this earlier but it was for Windows 10 I believe and couldn't really follow the instructions because I think there are now new and different things so I just wanted to ask about thisA bit more info I have the ASUS TUF A15 and this issue has happened...
  4. Realtek Audio Output stopped working after latest update. Sound & Volume mixer says no...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Realtek Audio Output stopped working after latest update. Sound & Volume mixer says no...: Realtek Audio Output stopped working after latest update. Sound & Volume mixer indiucates no audio output devices found. Windows 11 PRO and Dell command upates are all current so what do I do?...
  5. Realtek Audio Output stopped working after latest update. Sound & Volume mixer says no...

Realtek Audio Output stopped working after latest update. Sound & Volume mixer says no...: Realtek Audio Output stopped working after latest update. Sound & Volume mixer indiucates no audio output devices found. Windows 11 PRO and Dell upates are all current so what do I do?...
  6. Internet just randomyly just stopped working after doing an update

Internet just randomyly just stopped working after doing an update: It was just an update since my computer notified me and it was like three updates and before this, my internet was working. So i did the update and after the restart, my computer just stopped working and I was wondering if it was paused so I went to the registry key and...
  7. Internet just randomyly just stopped working after doing an update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet just randomyly just stopped working after doing an update: It was just an update since my computer notified me and it was like three updates and before this, my internet was working. So i did the update and after the restart, my computer just stopped working and I was wondering if it was paused so I went to the registry key and...
  8. one of my number keys and the volume keys sometimes stop working completely

in Windows 10 Gaming
    one of my number keys and the volume keys sometimes stop working completely: i was just chilling, typing, when my 2 key stopped working. after some time, it worked again, but then it stopped. same with the volume key. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/one-of-my-number-keys-and-the-volume-keys/bed3b001-267f-47a0-8649-bf5fde4d3489
  9. one of my number keys and the volume keys sometimes stop working completely

one of my number keys and the volume keys sometimes stop working completely: i was just chilling, typing, when my 2 key stopped working. after some time, it worked again, but then it stopped. same with the volume key. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/one-of-my-number-keys-and-the-volume-keys/bed3b001-267f-47a0-8649-bf5fde4d3489
  10. letter p and right arrow stopped working on surface go3.

letter p and right arrow stopped working on surface go3.: letter p and right arrow key are not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/letter-p-and-right-arrow-stopped-working-on/f66b15e0-31dd-48c8-9a4b-70e20632c553