Windows 10: Win 10 suddenly asks for Use/Pass on LAN

Discus and support Win 10 suddenly asks for Use/Pass on LAN in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; We have 2 win10 machines and 2 XP machines on a home LAN. There was a Win10 update on "J" a couple of days ago and I assume because of this we now... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by James1093, Sep 27, 2016.

1. James1093 Win User

Win 10 suddenly asks for Use/Pass on LAN

We have 2 win10 machines and 2 XP machines on a home LAN.
    There was a Win10 update on "J" a couple of days ago and I assume because of this we now cannot connect to it from any of the other three. They all ask for a Username and Password, but we have never had one (and don't want one).

'J" can still communicate with all the others - and still shows in Explorer under 'Network'.

Any help to regain access for file sharing. mapped drives etc. much appreciated.

:)

James1093, Sep 27, 2016

2. win 10 file access across network

I have four win 10 pc's networked on a LAN. I used to be able to access any file/folder from any pc on network. Suddenly, I no longer have access to certain files/folders. I have drive sharing setup/ How do I restore total file/folder access across the
    LAN?

CASE CLOSED

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

JamesDenneny, Sep 27, 2016
  3. LAN - no internet

i am using windows 10 and suddenly there is no internet issue with lan. I tried diagnosing the network but there is no issue, tried connecting to other network with lan but still there is no internet although my wifi is working fine

ShantanuAggarwal_865, Sep 27, 2016
  4. bro67 Win User

bro67, Sep 27, 2016
  5. James1093 Win User
    No, I don't see any KB318.... updates. There's 5 others showing (Windows)and a whole heap For Office. All dated 25/9/2016

James1093, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Win 10 suddenly asks for Use/Pass on LAN - Similar Threads - suddenly asks Pass

2. Win 10 + Win 11 on LAN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 10 + Win 11 on LAN: Will I have a problem with a mix of Win 10 and Win 11 computers on my LAN https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-10-win-11-on-lan/8b77d38a-7413-480f-bdb6-418f5e195fb2
  3. Win 10 + Win 11 on LAN

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win 10 + Win 11 on LAN: Will I have a problem with a mix of Win 10 and Win 11 computers on my LAN https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-10-win-11-on-lan/8b77d38a-7413-480f-bdb6-418f5e195fb2
  4. windows 10 suddenly asking for password

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    windows 10 suddenly asking for password: title submitted by /u/jiviteshkadost [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/m3f7mz/windows_10_suddenly_asking_for_password/
  5. Windows suddenly asks for password on start up / incorrect pass

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows suddenly asks for password on start up / incorrect pass: Windows has suddenly starting asking me for a password on start up. I had the setting disabled and it still is but now it gets to the logging in screen, tries to log in then says 'password inncorect'. The username in the field is only the first 5 letters of my email and it...
  6. Win 10 not asking for password

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Win 10 not asking for password: How do I insert a password that must be entered before Win 10 can start. The machine currently open Windows without requesting a password. 151824
  7. Windows 10 suddenly asking for a password.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 suddenly asking for a password.: I have Windows 10 on a home computer and I don't need the security of a password. I have it set to to boot without asking for the password. Recently, it started asking for the password. Rebooting the computer directly from that screen boots the computer without asking for the...
  8. Win 10 asking for password all of a sudden

Win 10 asking for password all of a sudden: I have had Win 10 for 2 yrs and had it set to not ask for my password upon boot up. No one uses the PC other than me. Today for the first time it asked me for my password so I had to use 'forgot password' and set one up to get in. I have checked and 'netplwiz' is set NOT to...
  9. Windows 10 suddenly asking for a password

Windows 10 suddenly asking for a password: Hello! I've just started configuring a new pc. After relocating the Users folder from the SSD to the HDD drive successfully (following the tutorial in this forum), i wanted to change the name of the user folder. I activated my starting account, deleted the dummy one for...
  10. Win 10 Suddenly asking for Network Credentials

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Win 10 Suddenly asking for Network Credentials: Hello everyone, I'm new to the group. I have an interesting network problem. I'll try to be brief. I have four computers running Windows 10, 7 and XP Pro networked that use a common workgroup. Everything was working fine for months until just recently the computer running...