Windows 10: Win 10 swapped my right and left screens--how do I swap them back?

Discus and support Win 10 swapped my right and left screens--how do I swap them back? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Just finished upgrading from WIn 7 to Win 10 Pro x64, and it seems to have gone well. But the background image and icons formerly on my left monitor... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Newmaven, Jul 29, 2016.

1. Newmaven Win User

Win 10 swapped my right and left screens--how do I swap them back?

Just finished upgrading from WIn 7 to Win 10 Pro x64, and it seems to have gone well.

But the background image and icons formerly on my left monitor are now on my right one, and vice versa. How, short of physically rearranging the displays, do I get them back where they were?

:)

Newmaven, Jul 29, 2016
  2. pdomino Win User

Dual monitors not set up correct

Right click on desktop > choose 'screen resolution' > and swap the '1' and '2' around by dragging them or swapping the cables... simple.

pdomino, Jul 29, 2016
  3. Swap display port and HDMI port ourputs on Windows 10, Dell XPS 8920

Just purchased a new Dell XPS 8920 with Windows 10 that has both a Display port and HDMI port. My new monitor has the HDMI port and my older smaller monitor uses the computers Display port with a conversion cable to DVI on the monitor. How can I swap
    monitor 1 (older) with monitor 2 (newer)? Windows lets me move the screens right and left but not swap primary #1 and secondary #2. Thanks for any suggestions; Capt. Brigg

BriggFranklin, Jul 29, 2016
  4. Kari Win User

5. bro67 Win User
    Go into the Display properties and change the right one from #1 to #2.

bro67, Jul 29, 2016
  6. Newmaven Win User
    I did that, so now most of the icons are on the proper screen. But somehow both now have the same background (the yellow one) and I'd like to put the cat picture back on the left-hand screen,

Newmaven, Jul 29, 2016
  7. Edwin New Member
    With "Classic Personalization" 'Personalize (classic)' context menu - Add in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

click Desktop Background:

Win 10 swapped my right and left screens--how do I swap them back? [​IMG]

in the proper category, right click an entry and set for desired monitors:

Win 10 swapped my right and left screens--how do I swap them back? [​IMG]

Edwin, Jul 29, 2016
  8. Newmaven Win User

Newmaven, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Win 10 swapped my right and left screens--how do I swap them back? - Similar Threads - swapped right left

2. How to/Can I swap left and right headphones channels?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to/Can I swap left and right headphones channels?: I fixed headphones some months ago but I swapped cables in them so the channels are swapped too. I don't want to fix them again so I want to swap them by a program or right in windows. Is there any way to do that?...
  3. How to/Can I swap left and right headphones channels?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to/Can I swap left and right headphones channels?: I fixed headphones some months ago but I swapped cables in them so the channels are swapped too. I don't want to fix them again so I want to swap them by a program or right in windows. Is there any way to do that?...
  4. How to/Can I swap left and right headphones channels?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Why the left and right channels swapped as if by default?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why the left and right channels swapped as if by default?: I had this issue with many PCs I had and again with my brand new one. How do I know? I play sound tests and I noticed it listening to music and when playing video games. This is not the case using BT, then it is something with gigabyte motherboards or windows. I checked...
  6. Swap left/right speakers?

Swap left/right speakers?: I've got my whole setup right here. So it's hard to move anything around because the cables are all fixed. I've only used my speakers for Youtube, music or something like that, so I put them down somehow. For gaming I used my headset. Since my headset is broken, I use my...
  7. How to swap left and right audio channels

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to swap left and right audio channels: My headset swaps the left and right audio channels. I used Equalizer APO previously but I had to reinstall Realtek due to some issues. When I tried doing the same fix again after reinstalling, it no longer works. Are there any other ways to swap the channels? Why doesn't...
  8. How do/Can i swap headset left/right channel?

How do/Can i swap headset left/right channel?: I just bought a new headphone, turns out the headphone has 2 cable, 1 for audio, 1 for mic, but my laptop only has one 3.5mm audio jack (hole), then i use splitter for my headphone, its working well, but the audio channel got swap, so the left sound on the right, and the...
  9. Display Left/Right swapped

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Display Left/Right swapped: [img] When I turn on my Compaq desktop the display will flicker for a few minutes, then the right and left sides swap themselves. It's as if someone cut the picture vertically and switched the sides. Moving the mouse off the left edge makes it appear on the right edge. I...
  10. Left/Right display swapped

in Windows 10 Support
    Left/Right display swapped: When I turn on my Compaq desktop the display will flicker for a few minutes, then the right and left sides swap themselves. It's as if someone cut the picture vertically and switched the sides. Moving the mouse off the left edge makes it appear on the right edge. I figured it...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 screens have swopped round

2. windows 10 screens swapped

3. i swapped screens what do i do?