Windows 10: Win 10 Tablet Keyboard - No autocorrection or predictions or caps?

Discus and support Win 10 Tablet Keyboard - No autocorrection or predictions or caps? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Posted here originally not realizing it wqs a tutorial and doesmt get much action. but was wondering about the functionality of the Win10 tablet... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by pbc, Oct 27, 2016.

1. PBC
    pbc Win User

Win 10 Tablet Keyboard - No autocorrection or predictions or caps?

Posted here originally not realizing it wqs a tutorial and doesmt get much action. but was wondering about the functionality of the Win10 tablet keyboard and whether others are experoencing the same issues or if i simply have a settings ossue somewhere.

yes, im typing without correctingn any issues as i am not getting any auto caps, any aito corrects, no apostrpphe or period inserts and no word prediction which is what im used to on android or iOS tablet keyboards. which is frutrating to say the least!

here is the thread with my settings...any help would be appreciated as i cant imagone the keyboard is this useless! ☺

Spell Checking - Turn On or Off in Windows 10 - Page 2 - Windows 10 Forums

:)

2. English Australian on WindowsPhone 8

BTW - autocorrect and predictive text doesn't work properly if you set to UK ENG. One example is that it never changes "i" to "I". It hardly ever picks up contractions like "they're and we're".

When set to US ENG the predictive text and autocorrect work great.

It's the same language with the few words spelled differently - how hard could it be? Why is it that MS feels that US citizens are the only people worthy of fully functioning software?

mikeyjames1967, Oct 27, 2016
  3. Jack_947 Win User
    Need more customization!

Oh yes, the keyboard is definitely one of the best keyboards there is in the smartphone area; its responsiveness is incredible and its predictions of text are very good too - im just saying that many individuals may chose the andoid or iOS system over
    windows phone because of the higher levels of customization. i have noticed that sometimes the keyboard doesnt autocorrect some things that are pretty obvious to me at least, but thats not a real complaint its perfect in every other way.

Jack_947, Oct 27, 2016
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

Nope. It's just a basic keyboard. No extra features.

NavyLCDR, Oct 27, 2016
  5. PBC
    pbc Win User
    So what do these options in the Typing settings do?

Autocorrect misspelled words
    Add period after I double tap spacebar
    Show text suggestions as I type

All of these are on but seemingly do nothing. Why do they even exist if they do not actually do anything? I figured maybe something was just off in my implementation somewhere.

Man...hoping Microsoft does something soon with that SwiftKey acquisition.

Thema:

1. Win 10 Tablet Keyboard - No autocorrection or predictions or caps? - Similar Threads - Tablet Keyboard autocorrection

2. Japanese IME Keyboard Input Prediction.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Japanese IME Keyboard Input Prediction.: I am currently learning Japanese and am needing to use the Japanese IME keyboard on windows 10. However, the predictive text started to auto complete and show the sentences before I could finish them. The problem is, I am studying and am not trying to have text give me the...
  3. Autocorrect

Autocorrect: How do I stop Word in Windows 10 from capitalizing the first letter of a line of type? I want to corect my own mistakes, when they are mistakes. And where to I see an answer to my question? I would love to get email at *** Email address is removed for privacy ***...
  4. Keyboard caps lock

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard caps lock: I have just bought a keyboard with larger characters on the keys and its good except for one small niggle. The warning light for caps lock is very small. I am a one fingered typist, and don't look at the screen until I have at least completed a sentence. This results in a lot...
  5. Text Prediction tool for Hardware Keyboard

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Text Prediction tool for Hardware Keyboard: Hi I am using Text Prediction tool for Hardware Keyboard. Is there a keyboard shortcut to implement the suggestions, instead of using the mouse to click on them Thanks in advance...
  6. Autocorrect won't turn off on Windows 10 tablet.

Autocorrect won't turn off on Windows 10 tablet.: Using a Fusion 5 tablet, installed with Windows 10 Home Version 1803 Build 17134.706, running Office 365 16.0.11425.20228. Want to disable autocorrect. Turned off via Windows settings, but it's still operating. How can I stop it? Just to be clear: I am using the onscreen...
  7. Smart prediction for keyboard?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Smart prediction for keyboard?: Hi folks, just wondering is there any smart prediction keyboard software like SwiftKey for Windows 10? Thanks in advance *Smile 31097
  8. Turn On or Off Autocorrect for Touch Keyboard in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Autocorrect for Touch Keyboard in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Autocorrect for Touch Keyboard in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Autocorrect Misspelled Words for Touch Keyboard in Windows 10 You can use different keyboards with Windows to fit your needs. The most common is a physical, external hardware...
  9. Turn On or Off Autocorrect for Hardware Keyboard in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Autocorrect for Hardware Keyboard in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Autocorrect for Hardware Keyboard in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Autocorrect Misspelled Words for Hardware Keyboard in Windows 10 Starting with text suggestions while typing on a hardware keyboard. Text suggestions for hardware keyboard...
  10. Windows 10: Keyboard gets predictive text

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10: Keyboard gets predictive text: Microsoft is bringing a bunch of new features to Windows 10 and while they did not talk about all of them at the announcement, we are finding little bits here and there. This time around, Microsoft is including predictive text input with the virtual keyboard. Read more...