Windows 10: Win 10 taking long time to start up after reset

Discus and support Win 10 taking long time to start up after reset in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi, folks. Everytime I press the rest button in my case and Windows (is supposed to) load, after Windows 10 icon, it gets black. Once it got black for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by RogellParadox, Nov 10, 2015.

1. Win 10 taking long time to start up after reset

Hi, folks.
    Everytime I press the rest button in my case and Windows (is supposed to) load, after Windows 10 icon, it gets black. Once it got black for a looong time and I had nothing more to do than reset settings. So, I lost all my applications register (I'm having to reinstall them these days).
    Now the problem is almost the same, but when I press the reset button (didn't try yet the button from Start Menu).
    So, as I said, after a long time black screen, it finally starts up, still slow, and disk usage gets around 100% for some minutes (5 minutes, more or less).
    So, that's not my first problem with Windows 10. I've had lots and lots of others (programs compatibility, Google Chrome extremelly slow, problems with native programs, etc.). I'd go back to Windows 7 if I could, but I've already deleted files from Windows.old.

So, what should I do to make my installation at least less problematic?

Thank you in advance.

:)

RogellParadox, Nov 10, 2015

2. Win 10 home failed to install

Win 10 downloaded 3 times. Then getting stuck when preparing to install comes up. It takes Such a long time that no one can hold patience. Shutting down dell xps. After rebooting downloading starts again. Win 10 app always saying downloading. Anybody
    has solutions?

SantanuSarkarbrp, Nov 10, 2015
  3. FrankHurd Win User
    Windows 10 taking a long time to come up after signing in

I have a Dell computer with a 3 processor. When I downloaded the free Windows10 from Windows 8.2, I have had a strange problem. When I turn on the computer, it takes several minutes for the 10 screen to come on. Then, when I sign on the Welcome Screen, it
    takes longer for windows to start.

My Asus does do this when I downloaded W10. Is there a way to re-download W10 on the Dell?

Thanks,

Frank

FrankHurd, Nov 10, 2015
Thema:

Win 10 taking long time to start up after reset

1. Win 10 taking long time to start up after reset - Similar Threads - taking long start

2. Ssd take long time to start up 30 min

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ssd take long time to start up 30 min: Hello A month ago I installed ssd After installing Windows updates, and after two days, it suddenly became very slow and took half an hour to start. I tried all the methods on the Internet and YouTube. I checked the health of ssd and files but there is no error please help...
  3. Ssd take long time to start up 30 min

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ssd take long time to start up 30 min: Hello A month ago I installed ssd After installing Windows updates, and after two days, it suddenly became very slow and took half an hour to start. I tried all the methods on the Internet and YouTube. I checked the health of ssd and files but there is no error please help...
  4. Ssd take long time to start up 30 min

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Win 10 auto update taking long time

Win 10 auto update taking long time: 4 hours into Win 10 auto update. Still 0% complete configuring. Why does this happen? Last 3 times update took hours and I had to shut it down, when I tried to reboot, I got black screen. I had to reset and lost all files....
  6. Resetting windows takes long time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Resetting windows takes long time: i started full reset on my windows 10 at 05:07, then at 07:14 it only increase 33% then i check again at 09:10 it only increase 56%, there's any way to increase the speed? my pc spec: 1TB HDD, 8GB ram, i5...
  7. Resetting windows takes long time

Resetting windows takes long time: i started full reset on my windows 10 at 05:07, then at 07:14 it only increase 33% then i check again at 09:10 it only increase 56%, there's any way to increase the speed? my pc spec: 1TB HDD, 8GB ram, i5...
  8. Resetting windows takes long time

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. win.10 taking long time to boot up

in Windows 10 Customization
    win.10 taking long time to boot up: For the last 3 weeks or so, when i boot up w.-10, it takes about 10 minutes to start, compared to previously about 20 seconds. I use w. 10 - 64 bit - kasperskyTotal....
  10. Win 10 taking a really long time to boot

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Win 10 taking a really long time to boot: I have a Dell Inspiron 3531 with the Windows 10 free upgrade (Home edition) and an Intel Celeron N2830. Since a couple of days, my laptop is taking a really long time to start up. After it powers on, there is a blank screen for 1-2 minutes before the Dell logo and loading...