Windows 10: Win 10 Task Manager - Startup list - numbers next to items

Discus and support Win 10 Task Manager - Startup list - numbers next to items in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, I was just working with my Task Manager startup items and noticed there are several items that have numbers in parenthesis next to them. What... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Wonder Woman, Feb 25, 2016.

1. Win 10 Task Manager - Startup list - numbers next to items

Hello,

I was just working with my Task Manager startup items and noticed there are several items that have numbers in parenthesis next to them. What do those numbers mean? Are those numbers telling me I need to do something, as in are they registering any sort of "alert" message?

Thank you,
    *really*Huh*sarc

:)

Wonder Woman, Feb 25, 2016

2. Windows 10 - Games freeze randomly few seconds

• On the Startup tab of the System Configuration dialog box, tap or click
      Open Task Manager.
    • On the Startup tab in Task Manager, for each startup item, select the item and then click
      Disable.
    • Close Task Manager
    It never work. you have to reboot system.

Best version windows xp and windows 7.

what the heck with ie8, Feb 25, 2016
  3. Task Manager

After installing Windows 10 I attempted to review the startup items. MSCONFIG links to the task manager. There is no startup column in the task manager. How do I get access to the startup items previously seen in MSCONFIG?

GrandpaDave, Feb 25, 2016
  4. Graulges Win User

Win 10 Task Manager - Startup list - numbers next to items

In my startup list Skype has (2) after it. It means there are two components to that item, The main Skype program and Internet Low-Mic Utility Tool that loads with it. HTH *Smile

Graulges, Feb 25, 2016
  5. Oh, that's interesting! I never in a billion times ten years guessed it meant that!

This is what I see in my TM startup list:

Win 10 Task Manager - Startup list - numbers next to items [​IMG]

Sincerely,

Wonder Woman, Feb 25, 2016
  6. Graulges Win User
    If you click on the arrowhead or double click on the program name it will expand to show the components.

Graulges, Feb 25, 2016
  7. TerriB Win User
    I have (15) next to Google Chrome in my apps list on the task manager. I pulled down the arrow and there is a list of 15 Google Chrome items but what does that really mean to me? I only have 4 tabs open so have no clue what the (15) is representing. They all have good sized memory numbers.

TerriB, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Win 10 Task Manager - Startup list - numbers next to items

1. Win 10 Task Manager - Startup list - numbers next to items - Similar Threads - Task Manager Startup

2. What is that "Program" file that shows on my startup items list in the task manager?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    What is that "Program" file that shows on my startup items list in the task manager?: Hello! So, I had an item called program and I saw a post on the Microsoft community saying that I can show the command line to know where it is, I did so and found out that it's related to Microsoft teams but didn't find the location in the command line...I uninstalled teams...
  3. What is that "Program" file that shows on my startup items list in the task manager?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is that "Program" file that shows on my startup items list in the task manager?: Hello! So, I had an item called program and I saw a post on the Microsoft community saying that I can show the command line to know where it is, I did so and found out that it's related to Microsoft teams but didn't find the location in the command line...I uninstalled teams...
  4. What is that "Program" file that shows on my startup items list in the task manager?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. There are no startup items to display; Startup items not appearing in Task Manager

in Windows 10 News
    There are no startup items to display; Startup items not appearing in Task Manager: [ATTACH]If Startup apps are not appearing in the Task Manager & you see a message There are no startup items to display then this post is sure to help you. This issue can occur if the Startup folder or the Common Startup folder, which are Windows OS folders, have got...
  6. Task Manager doesn't list all startup items

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Task Manager doesn't list all startup items: i messed up big time backing appdata folder and using it with a clean install i did couple of months ago, i had the issue of no startup item showing in task manager and now only 3 of them shows, idk why not msi afterburner or bandicam or any new app i install. I once upgraded...
  7. Task Manager Startup Items missing

in Windows 10 Support
    Task Manager Startup Items missing: This is weird. It's empty. [img] The Services are all On in System Configuration. [img] Restarted & everything. What could be the problem? *Eek 132611
  8. Task Manager Disable Startup Items

in Windows 10 Customization
    Task Manager Disable Startup Items: I have been doing some research online but unable to find an answer to a question. I have been looking into the methods of disabling auto startup applications within Windows. Before you link articles, I already know about how to disable the auto start programs in Task Manager...
  9. Can't remove items from Task Manager-Startup

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't remove items from Task Manager-Startup: Hello ! When I was using windows 7 , I was able to delete an item from startup list ( MsConfig-Startup), using this Registry path: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Shared Tools\MSConfig\startupreg But on windows 10 there's no a such path. ( I don't want to...
  10. All enabled startup items are not measured in task manager

in Windows 10 Support
    All enabled startup items are not measured in task manager: How to fix? [img] 73791