Windows 10: win 10 - tech says dont yet

Discus and support win 10 - tech says dont yet in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; i am currently having my pc checked over by a support company, down the tubes, in an regular checkover. We were talking about 10. He said dont put it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by elbmek, Jul 30, 2015.

1. elbmek Win User

win 10 - tech says dont yet

i am currently having my pc checked over by a support company, down the tubes, in an regular checkover. We were talking about 10. He said dont put it in yet. He is getting reports of pc's crashing and refusal to run drivers and other mishaps. He said to leave it for about 3 months to see if MS can fix. Another example of running before they can walk by the sound of it.

The company is MS accredited agents and have fixed problems for me before.

:)

elbmek, Jul 30, 2015
  2. Denia15 Win User

Free upgrade to Windows 10.

my research says that it will be around 200$-350$,i am saying that according to the "theory" of the biggest pc producer and seller in my country,it is said to be 800turkish lira and that makes roughly 280 dollars

but keep in mind dont upgrade to windows 10 yet,download it but dont upgrade because using the test version (not the technical preview,the version from the reservation thing)as your first os might end up making your pc crash.

upgrade to win 10 at your own risk

Denia15, Jul 30, 2015
  3. Mts dongle lava make not supporting windows 10 pro

Upgraded fm win.7.ultimate to win.10.pro. Dongl works well on win.7 but nt . I tried all settings incl. compatibility, wherin it says upto win.8 only. mts tech pepl says it also support win.10:but on box its clear comp. upto win.8 Mts hv ZTE make dongl

i was told support win.10.

Even mts tech pepl hv no idea as to lava make dongl supporting windos 10 , cud anybody help how to gt iava mts dongl compatibl with win.10. Whn tried on wun10 in instaltn process failure occurs n 95%of drivers gets instald. As such internet access not
    at all posibl. Troublshooting says insert ethernet cabl cud.anybody enlighten me pls awaiting Ravishastry

RavishastrySuthram, Jul 30, 2015
  4. elbmek Win User

just got this from MS

You’ve already reserved, so your free upgrade is on the way. This is the largest software upgrade event ever and we’re managing it so everyone has a great experience.

Your notification to upgrade could come as soon as a few days or in a few weeks.

In the meantime, you can always check your upgrade status in the Get Windows 10 app. Find the app by clicking on the Windows icon on your task bar.

Here are some common questions about the upgrade process. Click on the links for answers.

When will I get my free upgrade?
    How long does it take to install the upgrade?
    What if I have more than one Windows device – can I upgrade them all?
    What edition of Windows will I get as part of this free upgrade?
    Will my PC or tablet be compatible with Windows 10?
    More questions? Check out the FAQ

Absolutely can’t wait? Use the Media Creation Tool to install immediately on one or more devices (recommended for tech-savvy users only).

elbmek, Jul 30, 2015
  5. swarfega Win User
    There have been issues with upgrade installs which is why clean installs are much better. If you're at all unsure I would wait until August when the first Service Pack is released.

You have a year in which to claim the free upgrade so there's no rush.

swarfega, Jul 30, 2015
  6. BillyBob Win User
    If you don't know much about computers fair enough, but I think you'll find most people will just go ahead anyway, nothing like living on the edge.

BillyBob, Jul 30, 2015
  7. wase4711 Win User
    you know what they say about opinons...

The VAST Majority of people have installed this without any serious issues, and the only people who post of forums like this are the ones who have problems..
    I would say at least 98% of folks who have installed this have had few, if any issues.
    If your "support company" says dont install this, I'd find a different support company..

wase4711, Jul 30, 2015
  8. delsus Win User

There are always a minority of users that have issues with a major software upgrade, but most of the time these are isolated incidents, simple hardware or software incompatibilities which MS have no control over, I for instance have had no major issues, I have not crashed once, all software and hardware seems compatible, and no driver issues what so ever.

delsus, Jul 30, 2015
  9. RWOne Win User
    If your present system is a 8.x variant, you have zero reasons not to upgrade.

Let's look at this in context and expand greatly on Delsus's comment - how many computers out there in the wild, how old, what they run hardware and software wise? think about it.

The Majority of those systems have no major issues upgrading to 10, hardware, drivers, software.
    My own laptop is 6 years old and had no major issues.

It truly is the 10% rule here, plus MS haters who would like to spread misinformation.

I'd find another tech company, especially if you are already on 8.x and they are saying don't.

Lastly, I'd put it to you this way - As an IT administrator myself, I know I can try to work the possible bugs you might have if it has some issues, but overall the upgrade should be fine. Perhaps they don't have the qual's they should have, or are just lazy, or don't want to work? (I'm not saying that ones who tell you to go for it are waiting for issues, but overall the OS is improved behind the GUI not just the GUI itself, it's worth it.

My recommendations to my clients are to save $$$ when possible, and most of them are going to upgrade, it's a matter of when and how because of scale (over 200 systems, etc.) and being in a work environment, etc.

RWOne, Jul 30, 2015
  10. elbmek Win User
    I am going to try 10 out on my laptop first, when available. If nec can follow brinks tutorial to get 8.1 back up and running. But I use my pc for such a lot of time on my hobby etc. So dont want to risk it just yet. The company I use is very good and I wont be changing it, but one persons opinion is still worthy of thought, as is all of you.

One of the problems he mentioned was audio. Presume updates not yet available for some, already out for others??

elbmek, Jul 30, 2015
  11. elbmek Win User
    I would have thought in a multi machine environment that all the stations would have been connected directly to a server in house, would that not save money??? Instead of 200 pc's, just a keyboard and monitor and link.

elbmek, Jul 30, 2015
  12. Gary Win User
    In order to perform a clean install you will have to upgrade from a qualifying Windows version such as 8, 8.1 or 7. I upgraded from 7 with no issues.

13. red454 Win User

There is an option within Windows Update that will allow the computers on your local network to share updates with other computers on your LAN and not all be trying to hit the MS servers.

red454, Jul 30, 2015
  14. rmonroe36 Win User
    Been computing for quite a few years and like living on the "edge". The "edge" is not too dangerous when you have at your disposal: Acronis, Macrium, Easeus ToDo, Aomei, Terrabyte Unlimited, Paragon, etc. Take your pick and DO BACKUP!

Rich

rmonroe36, Jul 30, 2015
  15. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there

most of these "Support" companies are usually employing staff on minimum wages etc (I believe it's all called Cost Cutting and squeezing maximum profit wherever possible).

Honestly for any computer problems you will find MUCH BETTER sources of information and help on these forums. Not only that there are loads of really experienced people here who are quite willing to attempt to solve problems and post back quite quickly --far far better than waiting for hours on a miserable phone line only to be answered by someone with fairly limited knowledge and speaking an incomprehensible version of English from a call centre on the other side of the Planet.

There literally for 99.999% of people NO REASON NOT to upgrade (i.e Upgrade now -- usually no problems).

Before upgrading though take a backup image of your OS so you can restore again if W10 doesn't work or you don't like it.

If you have problems on making a backup - post again - people will sort you out.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Jul 30, 2015
Thema:

1. win 10 - tech says dont yet - Similar Threads - tech says dont

2. NAS dont working win 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    NAS dont working win 10: HII have a WD myCLoud network storage, I did update to win10 after i can't use the storage i can see what is on it but i can't copy or delete anythink from it.the other pc with win7 still working with the storage I did try everythink to fixed the problem. I would like to get...
  3. NAS dont working win 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    NAS dont working win 10: HII have a WD myCLoud network storage, I did update to win10 after i can't use the storage i can see what is on it but i can't copy or delete anythink from it.the other pc with win7 still working with the storage I did try everythink to fixed the problem. I would like to get...
  4. NAS dont working win 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Is Win 10 2004 considered usable yet?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is Win 10 2004 considered usable yet?: I had mixed results at my last job, a new laptop had no problems, where older hardware did. I have a new PC that I'm building for personal use, and my work laptop has had issues for 2 months installing the cumulative update where troubleshooting that my next steps are either...
  6. please do not upgrade to Win. 10 2004 yet

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    please do not upgrade to Win. 10 2004 yet: hi all: The Windows 10 2004 is out, but comes with bugs. https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/release-information/status-windows-10-2004 There are others like: MS store keeps downloading apps and install them even when they are already done. So, do not upgrade yet....
  7. it says i dont own minecraft windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    it says i dont own minecraft windows 10: so i got minecraft java edition back in 2017 and i redeemed minecraft windows 10 edition and i played for a while and now the store says i dont own it...
  8. Transcript of a frustrating yet funny conversation with tech support

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Transcript of a frustrating yet funny conversation with tech support: Summary of the advise I got from Microsoft tech support, for dealing with a frozen windows 10: "I have no idea. Not our problem. Take it back to the store where you bought it." 23077
  9. Yet Another Font Issue in Win 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Yet Another Font Issue in Win 10: In the attached display snippet below you can see my problem. This is a snippet of the Display Settings screen; the different choices along the left side. Clear example of the problem is the difference in the two f characters in the word Offline Maps. The first f has a thick...
  10. Win 10 Tech Preview is interesting but not compelling

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10 Tech Preview is interesting but not compelling: I see a lot of excitement over Win 10 with some actually using it as their main OS. I installed it in a VM the first day is was available and have played with it quite a bit. It's definitely interesting but I'm not chomping at the bit to upgrade to it. The main thing that...